+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Biggest factor is the company. Several old friends from D13 jumped on board and have stayed. Aside from that, it's also a matter of trying find an affordable good looter shooter MMO as an alternative. Destiny 2 is the next best thing, but the price tag to get access to all the content is high.

We all have different prefernces and tastes in gaming, but 2050 seems to be the one thing we can agree to be "pretty alright". :-) And so far, that's all we've need to keep us in the air. Just like Serenity, it's not a lot, but it's enough.
    IrathientLivesMatter | Kasumi | Sgt Engee | Veedo

I have over 3000 hours in Destiny and have dipped in and out of D2. The area that Destiny badly compares with Defiance is that the world(s) are chopped up and the game is full of endless loading screens (which are even worse now on console). For all its faults I can go into Defiance and zip around feeling like I'm open to go wherever I want.

Imo for new players Defiance does not need to be sold, it is an experience with a lot of interesting content and from minute 0 the player feels driven to continue playing because his need to evolve drives him to continue and follow (in fact it is not so difficult to do so if find the key to success that is in your power rating).

But ....

Many of us (veterans) have a more demanding view of the game because somehow we miss some things from the previous Defiance, because we expect improvements and old news (at least Freight yard or Monterrey Silicon Valley expeditions etc ...) and because we live the uncertainty of a change of company that remains silent still.

Id: Alahali671 (ps3 - ps4)
    Psn Fingers865
    Clan: "Defiance Terminators ps3 - Terminators ps4"

(The sig-tag is another creation of Tau)

Shadow Wars&Quick Matches.

Good friends who like to play together and enjoy helping each other in a truly open world environment.

Pretty much what the others said. Ever since i started playing from the original Defiance birth this game has always had me coming back. And now 2050 does exactly the same. It is one of my fave games ever when it works. Just so addictive and couldn't imagine not playing it. So the recent news in the announcement forum has got me giddy that there is no sign of D2050 disappearing.

I took a break until I heard news about what was happening, but now I can get back in and carrying on my addiction.
    In Game - Elastikspastik
    PC-EU D2050
    Clan - Red Thugs
    http://www.youtube.com/user/elastikspastik

Quote Originally Posted by 7thkey View Post
    Ok this is for people playing the game. Not the quitters. No complaining about stuff. Just take a minute, and pretend you are marketing this game to new players.

I know for me D50 has been about grouping and chatting with friends. Meeting and making new friends. Helping a group of people gather together for a common goal. Rekindling a long lost story line, and watching it go in a new direction. Huge open world that the Casual can group with the Diehard, and still have a great time. Improved graphic options that include skins for weapons. Epic boss fights that can include anyone. The ability to teleport to friends and clan mates. Driving and racing others from place to place. I can go on and on , but I'd like to know what keeps others playing?
    7th, you should add Defiance Legion Leader/PR manager to ur sig bro
    I'm Offended.........That You're Offended.
    If At First You Don't Succeed........Then Winning Ain't Your Thing.

N/A PSN: DEATH-_DEALER-_

Founder: Defiance Legion Clan

IGN: MoreCOOP4RDR

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    i wasnt ask u. i know what you been playing on
    Same answer...look at 7ths sig man.
    I'm Offended.........That You're Offended.
    If At First You Don't Succeed........Then Winning Ain't Your Thing.

N/A PSN: DEATH-_DEALER-_

Founder: Defiance Legion Clan

IGN: MoreCOOP4RDR

I used to play for the camaraderie. Unfortunately, the game got stale for many of us and we've gone to other games.

That being said, if I want to jump in for some insanely easy, repetitive, shooting, it's an easy time killer.
    "It is what it is..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    I can assure you that we care deeply about Defiance.
    PSN-rebtattoo
    PS3na IGN-Reb Aingeal
    187 Syndicate

PS4 IGN - Reb