+ Reply to Thread

MMOByte: Gamigo Promises Games Will Continue to Receive Updates

Gamigo Promises ArcheAge, Rift, Defiance: 2050, Trove and Atlas Reactor Will Continue to Receive Updates
    by ByteStix | News | 0 Comments | 12 Nov 2018

https://www.mmobyte.tv/gamigo-promis...ceive-updates/

In an update to an ongoing “acquisition” of Trion Worlds by Gamigo in which Gamigo acquired Trion Worlds’ assets including ArcheAge, Rift, Trove, Defiance: 2050, and Atlas Reactor – news on the fate of Trion’s games have finally surfaced.

A new community manager and team of staff members have finally been revealed, and the community manager responsible for the games listed above delivered a blanket statement saying the following:

“We saw many questions asking about the future of these games. Those questions are largely about new content, fixes to existing bugs, and the changes to the Trion staff members. For sure we kept the necessary resources to ensure that there is movement within and around the games. Generally speaking, we can tell you that the patch schedule is likely to shift somewhat, but we will make sure that all of you can enjoy new content on a regular basis. Also, the developers will continue providing you with updates through Producer letters, so all of you will have a little look behind the scenes as well.”

Going Into The Future

What this means – at least pertaining to the future of all of Trion’s games is that content for each game will likely come out at a significantly reduced pace, considering the fact that smaller teams are going to be working on them and given the track of Gamigo’s games after they acquire them – case in point being Aeria Games’ games – but content will nevertheless continue to trickle out over time.

While that information is no doubt reassuring – knowing that your favorite game will continue to live on and continue to have additional content served up for players, it is unknown at what interval future content will actually be released.

Notice that D13 is not mentioned in this. I think all of you holding out hope for something to happen with it, I believe your answer is written above.

Another positive message for 2050. Not educated enough to tell you what this means for D13 but just to be on the safe side, you D13ers should upgrade if possible and start kicking arse in 2050!

I also understand by this that d13 is going the way of the dodo.

Quote Originally Posted by SanCarioca View Post
    Gamigo Promises ArcheAge, Rift, Defiance: 2050, Trove and Atlas Reactor Will Continue to Receive Updates
    by ByteStix | News | 0 Comments | 12 Nov 2018

https://www.mmobyte.tv/gamigo-promis...ceive-updates/

In an update to an ongoing “acquisition” of Trion Worlds by Gamigo in which Gamigo acquired Trion Worlds’ assets including ArcheAge, Rift, Trove, Defiance: 2050, and Atlas Reactor – news on the fate of Trion’s games have finally surfaced.

A new community manager and team of staff members have finally been revealed, and the community manager responsible for the games listed above delivered a blanket statement saying the following:

“We saw many questions asking about the future of these games. Those questions are largely about new content, fixes to existing bugs, and the changes to the Trion staff members. For sure we kept the necessary resources to ensure that there is movement within and around the games. Generally speaking, we can tell you that the patch schedule is likely to shift somewhat, but we will make sure that all of you can enjoy new content on a regular basis. Also, the developers will continue providing you with updates through Producer letters, so all of you will have a little look behind the scenes as well.”

Going Into The Future

What this means – at least pertaining to the future of all of Trion’s games is that content for each game will likely come out at a significantly reduced pace, considering the fact that smaller teams are going to be working on them and given the track of Gamigo’s games after they acquire them – case in point being Aeria Games’ games – but content will nevertheless continue to trickle out over time.

While that information is no doubt reassuring – knowing that your favorite game will continue to live on and continue to have additional content served up for players, it is unknown at what interval future content will actually be released.
    I hope this does not mean the end of Defiance 2013 for those of you who enjoy playing it. As it stands right now, D13 has more content than Defiance 2050 (although D13 being out for 5 years probably helps...). Since the developers are making similar content to before but with a different take on it, D13 and D2050 might as well be "alternate universes". Given how Defiance 2050 is right now, shutting down D13 probably would not be a good move, considering there are a good amount of people that enjoy D13. Some people may not like D13 or may not have access to PS3/Xbox 360 and that is fine (I am thinking Xbox One has Defiance with backwards compatibility, but I might be wrong here) ; at least then there is the option for D2050. Either way, D13 and D2050 should ideally be able to co-exist without hurting the other. Realistically... I am not sure what will happen. :/ However, I hope everyone can still the option of D13 and D2050 for at least some time longer!
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Being realistic, no one should expect anything from 2013 from now on. 2050 is the new kid on the block, it's only natural the company expects people to migrate to it, and those that don't want / can't switch to 2050 can ride OLDefiance into the sunset like I intend to do. Everything good that may happen to OLDefiance from now on will be a pleasant surprise. Nevertheless, something HAS to be done about OLDefiance's store.

Personally, I don't shut myself into a corner. I play both games, depending on which one provides me a better reward ratio for time spent. I normally play OLDefiance, but I've enjoyed playing Hulker Hell on 2050, after the broken rewards and key losses were fixed.

But the future of D13 was not the major takeaway from the article above. Every one of us needs to pay attention to *this* part (now in bold):

Quote Originally Posted by SanCarioca View Post
    Going Into The Future

So, looks like Gamigo is already famous for buying "Games" and stall them. We will most certainly receive all the content planned in 2050's Roadmap, because everything that is stated there has already been developed and is just going through Q&A now, like future implementations on the PTS will show. After January 2019, when the last planned content drops, we'll have to see how things will proceed. I always told you 2050 is a one-year plan, so I expect something new until the late days of June 2019 (one year from the July 2018 launch) also happens, because it has already been paid for, but let's not hold our collective breaths for that.

Quote Originally Posted by See its not that simple View Post
    No thanks just going to stay deleted of my hard drive
    Then why are you here?