+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Still amazes me that my friend has been able to stream himself playing on Defiance for the last 2 hours and not had any problems. Now howcome a company who makes games cant do this?? If they couldnt get new content loaded up to show us or something then they could have still started a stream just to answer our questions that they asked for earlier in the week.

Gamigo, fight for the user

Quote Originally Posted by The one View Post
    Same devs is why, got to get rid of all the old and put in new before things change cause the devs the game has now are no good all you have to do is look at the state of the game to see they break more than they can ever fix, until we get devs that can fix this game there will be the same bs as usual. Gamigo might find that out soon I hope.
    Ok, I understand how can this perceived to be the truth, but trust me, it's probably not. I will stand by my viewpoint that, if a developer has the power to do so, he'll always produce the best code he's able to type -- and when a bug happens, we become so ashamed of it - because it speaks to our capacities as professionals -- that we'll drop anything else around us and fix it ASAP, not leaving the user in dire straits. As one Trion developer once told me, "I am Tron. I fight for the user".

Here's an article that everyone that works in customer service should read:

“I Fight for the Users!” – What Tron Taught Me about Serving Customers

Unless proven otherwise, I blame everything that happened with Trion/Defiance on poor management choices. Remember, it was beHaviour who did the port, they just transferred the already existent bugs in an old version of the Defiance code - it looks that they weren't even given time to fix it, it was probably like "hey, here's this ancient code, make it work on the new platforms ASAP".

It was Trion who chose to give this ancient code to beHaviour, which excluded all the bug-fixes that we are seeing reappear now, including the "Hulker Cluster" that we just saw. To this day, I don't know why they did that, but given Trion's past records, they probably lost it or something equally ridiculous happened to it. But it definitely had to do with money. I bet.

We have now been given an incredible opportunity for change, and I'd like to take it.

PS: TRON is not Trion. Only the first is the good guy:

Quote Originally Posted by SanCarioca View Post
    Ok, I understand how can this perceived to be the truth, but trust me, it's probably not. I will stand by my viewpoint that, if a developer has the power to do so, he'll always produce the best code he's able to type -- and when a bug happens, we become so ashamed of it - because it speaks to our capacities as professionals -- that we'll drop anything else around us and fix it ASAP, not leaving the user in dire straits. As one Trion developer once told me, "I am Tron. I fight for the user".

Here's an article that everyone that works in customer service should read:

“I Fight for the Users!” – What Tron Taught Me about Serving Customers

Unless proven otherwise, I blame everything that happened with Trion/Defiance on poor management choices. Remember, it was beHaviour who did the port, they just transferred the already existent bugs in an old version of the Defiance code - it looks that they weren't even given time to fix it, it was probably like "hey, here's this ancient code, make it work on the new platforms ASAP".

It was Trion who chose to give this ancient code to beHaviour, which excluded all the bug-fixes that we are seeing reappear now, including the "Hulker Cluster" that we just saw. To this day, I don't know why they did that, but given Trion's past records, they probably lost it or something equally ridiculous happened to it. But it definitely had to do with money. I bet.

We have now been given an incredible opportunity for change, and I'd like to take it.

PS: TRON is not Trion. Only the first is the good guy:

I know management had a very big part in the fall of Trion but not all. Now far as opportunity for change I will say I welcome it but after reading the Defiance Team Letter I have doubts on it. Not one mention of bug fixs in that letter, does that mean there working hard on the troubles that are in the game we have now? Well as I read there working on other things instead it seems to me Synergy Matrix and new content is keeping them busy instead of fixing what is wrong in the game now. Is this hope for change or the same path that that we the players have been on since launch of Defiance?

Quote Originally Posted by The one View Post
    I know management had a very big part in the fall of Trion but not all.
    Care to share how do you know the exact extent of that? I'm curious. It can be inbox, if you prefer.

Now far as opportunity for change I will say I welcome it but after reading the Defiance Team Letter I have doubts on it. Not one mention of bug fixs in that letter, does that mean there working hard on the troubles that are in the game we have now? Well as I read there working on other things instead it seems to me Synergy Matrix and new content is keeping them busy instead of fixing what is wrong in the game now. Is this hope for change or the same path that that we the players have been on since launch of Defiance?
    Good point. I think our main "job" now is to bring up points like the one above, so we can alert Gamigo we won't ride this same path (as you put it) with them, if they decide to take it. It's a new chance for everybody. Since it's a new company, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, until I can see for myself how things will go from now on.

Handled poorly

There were many in the chat that they could have answered some of the board posted questions with no live stream. All it would have taken is moderate chat where only devs can talk. One dev types question and another answers it. If they did some of these people would see the devs didn't just give up. Technical difficulties do happen , but it is how you handle them is what matters. To just cancel and give up with hundreds of people in chat does not say much for the future. You already had an uneasy group of people that tuned in to gain some sense of ease by having some questions answered that they posted far in advance. The one shining light was Tid Bitz sticking around, and while not being able to really answer the questions was able to acknowledge them.
    You guys still have a page full of questions. Maybe make a post were you answer some. It does not have to be live people just want to hear from the devs.

That whole livestream thing is pure crazyness. Imagine you send questions to someone by email or text, and he calls you back to answer them. You'd be all like "Wtf? man just hit reply".

Whoever needs/wants to answer questions posted on the forum should post the answers on the forum. Livestream can be OK for announcements, but for a Q&A, this forum is better.

I'm just glad we'll finally get an update, I'm not particular about what format they use..be it forums or video stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephkial View Post
    Good afternoon, Arkhunters.

We will be trying to do a mid-week stream so that we can answer some questions and talk about what will be upcoming. We will most certainly announce when that may take place, as soon as we have a solid date/time.

We apologize much for not being able to stream today, and appreciate your patience with us!

Good Morning
    was it said that the live would be in the middle of last week, there is a new date to live?
    and was promised that after the update of 15/10 in the next patch would be with the correction of the trophies bugado, but yesterday I saw the notes of the new patch, only with the correction of the Box Bargain, if they were able to fix the trophy of throwing 5000 bombs in the Trove here is also possible.

[COLOR="yellow"][FONT="Arial Black"]Tudo muda tudo troca de lugar o filme é o mesmo só o elenco que tem que mudar Que alterar pra poder se encaixar se não for pra ser feliz é melhor largar,
    Então se ligue e busque felicidade pra existir história tem que existir verdade
    Numa estrela cadente o sonho se faz presente no compasso do batuque de um coração doente
    A fera tá ferida mas não tá morta Deus fecha a janela mas deixa aberta a porta
    ♪♫

+ Reply to Thread