+ Reply to Thread

How compensation worked in the Dark Age of Trion

Across all games from Trion, the rule was pretty simple:

If you were an OLDefiance or 2050 player: "Haha, you're screwed. We want your money anyway, because you still give it to us no matter how bad we treat you"

If you played ANY other Trion title, like ArcheAge: "We're terribly, terribly sorry the hamster sneezed. You get this:"

https://www.trionworlds.com/archeage...warrior-packs/

I don't even know what's the compensation is all about, because I installed ArcheAge once, eons ago, but it did not run well on my PC (It's muy lame PC's fault) but just looking at the page, it seems massive (it certainly seems like "Server Evolutions" didn't go welll... but problems always happen, it's fine... the real measure of a company is what they do about them).

Even totally new/returning players to the game get a Welcome Package. What does this say about ArcheAge? That it's here to stay. Good Luck to them, and silly me, picking Defiance all this time.

I'm reinstalling ArcheAge, BTW.

------ (cute here) 8< ------

Server Evolution Compensation and Homecoming Warrior Packs
    November 15, 2018

With the release of ArcheAge 5.0 – Relics of Hiram we’re also giving many players some giftpacks to thank you for being part of the community. Let’s take a quick look at the gifts coming your way.

Server Evolution Character Giftpack:

The following compensation will be given to all characters that were part of the server evolutions and were level 15+ at the time of the evolution, or owned land:

Title “Far Traveler”
    Rose Wings
    Server Evolution Account Giftpack:

The following compensation will be given once per account to people that were part of the server evolutions and had at least 1 character that was level 50+ at the time of the evolution, or owned land:

Bar Counter Furniture Set
    5 Bound Serendipity Stones
    2 Bound Duun’s Blessings
    150 Loyalty
    1 Any-Post Owl (1 time use)
    40 Manastorm Crystals
    15 Bound Lucky Elixirs
    75 Bound Hereafter Stones
    80 Gift Coins

Server Evolution Celebration Giftpack:

The following compensation will be given once per account to all people that had at least 1 character that was level 15+ at the time of the evolution, or owned land:

1 Fountain of the Gods
    30 Jake’s Coins
    10 Manastorm Crystals
    10 Loyalty Tokens
    50 Gilda Stars
    5 Bound Lucky Elixirs
    2 Snowflake Festival Fireworks
    3 Round Festival Fireworks
    12 Heart Festival Fireworks
    1 Homecoming Vehicle Voucher
    1 15-Day Vocation Stipend

Homecoming Warrior Package:

The following package will be given once per account to everyone:

5 Cloaked Hiram Guardian Weapons
    10 Cloaked Hiram Guardian Armor
    3 Cloaked Hiram Guardian Instruments
    60 Hiram Awakening Scrolls
    20 Lucky Hiram Infusions
    3 Decrystallization Scrolls
    80 Manastorm Crystals
    20 Loyalty
    1 Enhanced Feathered Hope Glider
    1 Midnight Kitsu Whistle
    1 Elite Shadow Daru Uniform
    200 Bound Tax Certificates
    10 Bound Double Hunting XP Elixirs
    5 Bound Lucky Elixirs

We’re incredibly excited for what’s ahead in ArcheAge and we’re grateful to all of you for being part of the community!

Solid post as always. I am going to start calling you the Klingon of this board as you never do anything small. ; )

The real issue would be what would be good compensation?

Valor?
    To many serious players who are staying for the long haul this is a non issue. And it would upset those who already have an abundance of valor points.

Title? Outfit?
    This is a decent reward, but I won't use them as I still use my collectors edition title, and outfit. At least its something.

Bits?
    Nothing big, but enough to show they are serious about this game. 1000?

I think the one thing that would benefit EVERYONE is a 2 weeks 100% skill boost.
    Even if you have all inventory slots, ton of valor, all loadouts, ego 50, no matter what you have bought, you can always use this.
    Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 46xx)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 30xx)
    Clan: ogs

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    Solid post as always. I am going to start calling you the Klingon of this board as you never do anything small. ; )

The real issue would be what would be good compensation?

Valor?
    To many serious players who are staying for the long haul this is a non issue. And it would upset those who already have an abundance of valor points.

Title? Outfit?
    This is a decent reward, but I won't use them as I still use my collectors edition title, and outfit. At least its something.

Bits?
    Nothing big, but enough to show they are serious about this game. 1000?

I think the one thing that would benefit EVERYONE is a 2 weeks 100% skill boost.
    Even if you have all inventory slots, ton of valor, all loadouts, ego 50, no matter what you have bought, you can always use this.
    They could also hand out keys... maybe some salvage and shards too. I do not know though. To me, it seems like Defiance 2013 would have more items to hand out as compensation, and a greater need from it compared to Defiance 2050 (although 2050 has had quite a bunch of issues too...so I can't rule that out). If they decide to go through with compensation for these two games, I guess we shall see what happens.
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Quote Originally Posted by Guider View Post
    They could also hand out keys... maybe some salvage and shards too. I do not know though. To me, it seems like Defiance 2013 would have more items to hand out as compensation, and a greater need from it compared to Defiance 2050 (although 2050 has had quite a bunch of issues too...so I can't rule that out). If they decide to go through with compensation for these two games, I guess we shall see what happens.
    What are shards? Never seen one. I am 3200 and do all dailies and weeklies, sieges seen nothing.

Salvage is iffy because a lot of players dont need them, and its pretty easy to come across. Not saying I wouldnt welcome free salvage, but i can just see the flood of comments talking about how bad the compensation is for people who spent money on the game.

Boost IMO along with some quartermaster rep are two of the most useful for everyone. I haven't touched d13 since Xbox one came out.

Sound fair? Nothing game breaking.

2week self skill boost
    500 quartermaster rep
    Title
    Salvage crate
    C.core crate
    Xbox One

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

What are shards? Never seen one. I am 3200 and do all dailies and weeklies, sieges seen nothing.

Salvage is iffy because a lot of players dont need them, and its pretty easy to come across. Not saying I wouldnt welcome free salvage, but i can just see the flood of comments talking about how bad the compensation is for people who spent money on the game.

Boost IMO along with some quartermaster rep are two of the most useful for everyone. I haven't touched d13 since Xbox one came out.

Sound fair? Nothing game breaking.

2week self skill boost
    500 quartermaster rep
    Title
    Salvage crate
    C.core crate
    Shards are materials that are used to buy weapon skins from an Earth Republic Camp shop. You can see them on your stats page for your character. Currently you earn shards when obtaining duplicate weapon skins.

I understand about the salvage. I just pointed it out because it might be helpful at least to the people stuck at a wall. Definitely should not be the only thing handed out though.

Boost and quartermaster reputation I can agree with. No arguments there.

Bits probably would not be bad either. Like you said in your other post, maybe around 1000 would work.
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Quote Originally Posted by Guider View Post
    Shards are materials that are used to buy weapon skins from an Earth Republic Camp shop. You can see them on your stats page for your character. Currently you earn shards when obtaining duplicate weapon skins.

I understand about the salvage. I just pointed it out because it might be helpful at least to the people stuck at a wall. Definitely should not be the only thing handed out though.

Boost and quartermaster reputation I can agree with. No arguments there.

Bits probably would not be bad either. Like you said in your other post, maybe around 1000 would work.
    Thanks. Not to worried about skins tbh.

Let's hope they take these suggestions under consideration.
    Xbox One

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA

A fellow Trekker. Make it so.

The real issue would be...
    The real issue of my post is how the Defiance community was treated in comparison to others of its own communities during the Dark Age of Trion (DAT). And since the beginning of DAT, we have always be given the shortest stick.

BTW, historians diverge about the beginning of the DAT. Some of them, like me, put it aligned to the announcement of the Valor program, where we first learned our inventory slots would not be transferred and honor was lost to malicious writing. Others place it circa December 2017, weeks after the login giveaway winner was not announced, which remains true to this day. What I call the Middle Age of Trion is when people most diverge, saying it was darker than that, with the introduction of Py'Numbra and no more real updates to the game. We will never reach an agreement on that.

BTW, just 40 days ago, Trove's Hamster also sneezed (PC Trove was taken down for 24h, to prevent an exploit) and Trovians received a boatload of items as compensation. as well (My son got a Dragon out of it). Even Trovians on another platforms (PS4 and XBox One) were compensated - and they were barely affected by the issue.

The mobile game I play (Dungeon Hunter 5) while I wait in the queue for 2050 co-op compensated me with 200 Gems because it had Server Problems. I would not even know these problems existed if not for the compensation, the guys just decided to be kind to everybody (BTW, playing a mobile game alongside games that have a lot of waiting, like 2050, REALLY eases out on the frustration).

Paladins' hamster also sneezed two months ago. We received double login rewards for two weeks as compensation.

Tera never needed to compensate me, because it never failed on me (been playing it on PS4 for the last 3 months).

And that's the thing: compensation would not even be NEEDED if severe problems didn't happen in the first place. But when they do happen, compensation is the polite, gentleman and expected way to go. Especially from a company that deals in virtual items.

...what would be good compensation?
    That's easy: Hunter Commendations.

Following ArcheAge's criteria, I'd suggest something like this:

Tier 4: The highest number of HC's are due to the people that were screwed out of HeadStart. Those guys paid in advance for something they never received and are obviously the oldest 2050 players out there. BTW, I'm not one of them, people outside the US could not buy Founder's Packs on PS4;

Tier 3: XBox Players that were screwed out of Sieges for months. Again, I'm not one of them, I play on PS4;

Tier 2: Everyone who had an active toon EGO 50 before the October patch (that did fix many things, thank you), and so, played a game full of bugs. Again, I'm also not one of them, I only reached EGO 50 during Hulker Hell. I decided not to play 2050 before a great amount of bugs were solved, so that it wouldn't ruin the game for me;

Tier 1: Everyone else, because we still experienced lost Ark Keys and several other issues. That's the only Tier my toon can be fitted into;

Tiers accumulate, meaning if you are T4/T2/T1 or T3/T2/T1 you receive all compensations, just like Ascended (ArcheAge players) received.

I'd put T4 and T3 at 250 HC's, T2 at 200 HC's and T1 at 100 HC's.

But of course, none of what I wrote here matters if Tri... Gamigo doesn't listen to its playerbase.

If they do change the ways things were, may they Live long and prosper.