+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    Not have the time = not wanting it enough.

Not sure why you don't get 2 keys/day. You have a choice of 9 dailies and have to complete only 7.
    1-von bach
    2-soleptor
    3-top notch
    4-thorn liro
    5-defiant few
    6-chimera
    7-tarr
    8-7th legion
    9-synergy something something

Event was still 7 days long, so you could have got it if you really wanted it. Begging afterward is like asking your boss to pay extra hours you didn't work because you didn't have the time.

As for compensation, well, compensation is something you get when someone takes something away from you unwillingly. Nobody lost anything, so it's not the right word. The right word would be gift.
    If it's similar to my best friend's character, they are just level 50, have not finished story, and can only do...5 contracts a day I believe without touching extra stuff (the character isn't at 2k yet, so I am trying to help her get him up at least to 2k without running story or faction/Crusader missions; I rather leave those for her to enjoy.)

The three weapon vendors, Chimera, and Echelon. Depending on the dailies, getting a key on there takes me around 30 minutes or so. Being able to spend it is another problem though luckily people still run story tier/tier 1. If for whatever reason, only 1 key a day was possible...as well as last I checked, the event did run for 7 days, but NOT for 7 resets...and if it did, then it was not much time to be able to get that other key. However, that is the worst case, and probably not likely, so let's go with 2 keys every other day just like before Hulker Hell. On the 5th day, it should be possible. If we follow along the pursuit, that day would have been the 27th, which I found it kind of odd it did not end later today on the 28th, at around the same time of course. It would've been up for 7 days total, 5 days counting for the pursuit, and in darkkitty53's case, this past reset would have been enough for them.

I can see how for some newer players, where the confusion would lie. Given that not everyone runs the forums, or checks social media, some probably thought the event was ending on the 30th as the Pursuit implied. On the other hand, the news box in the game talked about Black Friday stuff and the prototypes since the 21st. The pursuit dates probably didn't help matters though...hmm. Either a typo or some miscommunication happened. :/

Solution to this? I am not too sure, as it depends where people stand on the matter...
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Quote Originally Posted by Guider View Post
    I can see how for some newer players, where the confusion would lie. Given that not everyone runs the forums, or checks social media, some probably thought the event was ending on the 30th as the Pursuit implied. On the other hand, the news box in the game talked about Black Friday stuff and the prototypes since the 21st. The pursuit dates probably didn't help matters though...hmm. Either a typo or some miscommunication happened. :/
    Thanks for this. I don't even know if half the people here even read my post... this paragraph from you highlights the REAL issue. It's not a matter of I didn't have time, didn't know how to get keys - none of that - it's everything to do with I'm a new player, have never read a news or forum article for this game, and was mislead by the date in-game. I haven't even read the newsbox in-game... the sad thing is I've been playing with an EGO 5000 player and even he was misled by the Pursuit :/

Dates in game should be the accurate ones. Players should not have to rely on external means to get correct information about the game. I have no problem using forums and stuff now that I've started playing but I think some people in the thread clearly thought I wasn't a new player or something. Obviously when I boot up the game for the first time my instinct is to play the game, not starting reading news and forums articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone508 View Post
    I just got the game 5 days ago. I bought $ keys to get the gun. I'm not level 50 to just get ark keys.
    I can offer some tips for that Tone. (probably not as relevant now, but should still help either way I think)

Given that some players who have the Poultromancer may be frequently using it, and you are not able to get many kills.... join in major arkfalls and sieges towards the end. You still get some experience. If you can not run story quests due to low power level, try running a co-op story tier or tier 1; it is decent experience there. There are also some conflict sites you can farm where infinite enemies spawn- ask around ingame for info about locations on that or send a pm if you are interested.

One other thing you could do that really helped me with leveling my best friend's character is the destroyable arkfalls. Don't destroy them all the way too early. The one I particularly farmed was called Prosperity in '99, as the other ones seemed very easy to destroy when it came to people using the Poultromancer, had the Mastery Bug, and/or or just an insanely high power rating compared to the area that the arkfall was located at. As you progress through the destroyable arkfall, the enemies gradually get more difficult and more can spawn. If you are not strong enough to handle Blacklungs efficiently, stop at the next to last stage. You can farm those enemies for about 15 minutes and get some good experience. When you are at around 3-5 mins left, start destroying the crystal more, and when you have around a minute or so left, destroy the crystal completely. It probably won't be as good experience as it was while the boosts were up, but it should still be enough to gain a level or two I think. As long as you get the kills/assists that is.
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Quote Originally Posted by lagrue View Post
    Thanks for this. I don't even know if half the people here even read my post... this paragraph from you highlights the REAL issue. It's not a matter of I didn't have time, didn't know how to get keys - none of that - it's everything to do with I'm a new player, have never read a news or forum article for this game, and was mislead by the date in-game. I haven't even read the newsbox in-game... the sad thing is I've been playing with an EGO 5000 player and even he was misled by the Pursuit :/

Dates in game should be the accurate ones. Players should not have to rely on external means to get correct information about the game. I have no problem using forums and stuff now that I've started playing but I think some people in the thread clearly thought I wasn't a new player or something. Obviously when I boot up the game for the first time my instinct is to play the game, not starting reading news and forums articles.
    (I am glad this forum does not have a double-post rule haha...still feels weird though...)

No problem. Checking again though I see the news box doesn't mention an end date to event either. :/ Just that Black Friday is here..new prototypes...etc. That probably would have been helpful to put an end date on too. :/ Store boxes are also still up, and I am guessing they can be bought until the 30th...? So it still seems like more of a miscommunication issue rather than a typo...

Also I agree with your 2nd Paragraph. Correct information should have been shown in the game -but I will add this- along with outside sources too... just to confirm it is correct and such. You posted a pic on your post and the same is still for me.

"Turkey remnants only in Arkchests from 11/23/2018 to 11/30/2018"

Yes, I don't really expect new players to just jump onto forums/social media of a game either. Some do, some don't... the ones who just strictly play the game should not get punished for it though. After all, especially with a limited time event, players will probably lean more towards playing the game to attempt grabbing the limited-time stuff.

Maybe Gamigo/the developers are trying to find some sort of middle ground for these prototypes...? Hulker Hell had a month, but the RNG drop for the prototypes was astounding (although there was also the Paradise Vendor to get at least 1 of choice guaranteed). Here was ~1 week and had a pursuit tied to it (possibly as a result of it being a ~1 week event and not really having the event arkfalls and such for it), although it was guaranteed after 7 keys, but new players (which given life situations may not have been able to play the game before this point). hmm. If that is the case..hmm. RNG (new and veteran players can benefit) vs guaranteed drops ( if with ark keys like this one, mainly geared towards veteran players- those who have reached level 50 for some time and can get 2 keys a day.) . Hmm. Perhaps they could attempt a combo of the two for Solstice Strike- still have it be an RNG drop, but also possible to buy it from Paradise Vendor as well as pursuit. If they get the drop first though, then it auto-completes the pursuit. Idk... I might may a thread on forums about this since the devs are taking our feedback in...

a lot of people probably don't even know these forums exist for this game. ive been playing this game for about 3 years on and off and just found these forums yesterday by looking up on google y I didn't get a turkey part. so its not just new players like u being mislead its also players who have played for for years like me and the guy u played with being mislead. I hope they do something about this issue cause I was looking forward to the turkey gun as im sure u were as well

As of today's update a few hours ago Poultry Parts are no longer dropping. This is totally bogus because the actual pursuit for it CLEARLY read 11/23/2018 to 11/30/2018
    RIP my plans to get one of these guns... not surprised by the typo being there, if anything, they're reliably inconsistent.
    PS4 NA - Pine Tarr - Castithan - <Shanje Liro> - EGO: 50

I was confused as well

I have been playing since July and read the date on forum and in game as well. I figured the 30th was the right date because it was in game and they extended it. They have a bad track record for not updating and reading their own forums.
    So don't feel too bad I didn't get gun either which was the only reason I came back to this game.

this weapon suck.. when turkeys kill a mob, it dont add kills for your poursuit.. and no loot on the ground after killing mobs.. and no proto loot using this weapon, so it will be cool if players stop using it (I have it but dont use it, because of this bug)

9.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #29
    Good afternoon, Arkhunters.

As some of you have noticed, there was a typo on the Tryptophan Ritual Pursuit description which stated the Pursuit would be active through the 30th. This was an old date for when the event was supposed to start/end. As this was a typo/issue on our end of things I Have gone ahead and turned the Pursuit back on. It will now end on 11/30 for all Defiance 2050 platforms and regions.

Very sorry for the confusion on this! Happy hunting for the Poultromancer, Arkhunters.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    Please everyone, stop with the panhandling.
    Can I have a dollar?
    D13:
    Insomniac Hunters: Tashinka, ZombieRahm Tak, Sgt Rasta, Purple Dude, tash.0, ZombieKupack Kurr,
    D2050:
    Terminators: tashinka, Bo Tarr, Stacy Tarr, jek haint, pog mothoin

psn: j599kbvvaak