+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

D2050 Livestream - 10:30 AM PST (6:30 PM UTC)

Hey Ark Hunters,

This Friday the Dev team will be back with a new Defiance 2050 livestream! During the show we'll talk about Synergies and the Solstice Strike event.

If you have any questions for the team, ask them below and we'll answer as many as we can during the stream.

Join us on our new channel: www.Twitch.tv/DefianceGame channel and stay connected on forums, Twitter, and Facebook for upcoming news.

-The Defiance Team
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager/Bulldog

Read our forum standards before posting

Looking for help? Contact our support team!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

how about questions from here?

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ad-November-16

3 were answered yes, but more than those 3 were asked.

i'll make a new post if I have any further questions for the team.
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Trophies/achievements
    are the devs ever going to fix them?

so will the money spent in the d13 store go back into fixing d13? or are yall just gonna take that money and put into 2050?

Quote Originally Posted by Guider View Post
    how about questions from here?

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ad-November-16

3 were answered yes, but more than those 3 were asked.

i'll make a new post if I have any further questions for the team.
    I still think it's ludicrous to have to wait for a livestream to get answers from posts in the forums. Questions in the forums should be answered in the forums -- livestreams shold focus on new features or aspects/events of the game. Zephkial started to break this trend this week and I hope they hear you above, Guider.

After all, why bother posting questions when the previous ones weren't even answered? Makes us feel like our efforts are ignored. If we see previous questions addressed THEN we can start trusting these threads again.

6.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SanCarioca View Post
    I still think it's ludicrous to have to wait for a livestream to get answers from posts in the forums. Questions in the forums should be answered in the forums -- livestreams shold focus on new features or aspects/events of the game. Zephkial started to break this trend this week and I hope they hear you above, Guider.

After all, why bother posting questions when the previous ones weren't even answered? Makes us feel like our efforts are ignored. If we see previous questions addressed THEN we can start trusting these threads again.
    In this specific case we're looking for questions from the community that we can answer as part of our livestream. It's not that no other questions will ever receive a response.

Now that we have additional people on the Community Team we'll be able to get responses to people more quickly, but there are still some questions we can't answer yet.

As we've pointed out before, we're working through a pretty major transition at the moment from what was Trion Worlds to the gamigo group. Things are moving very fast and we have people very dedicated to getting everything locked in so we can continue to grow in the future. Until this process is complete it's tough to give very specific answers to questions about upcoming content.

We sincerely hope people can remain patient while things are stabilizing, but understand if people are frustrated by the process. We have all the motivation in the world to get things locked in as soon as possible. The moment we have more info to share we will absolutely share it. In the interim there will be a lot of questions we won't be able to answer with certainty.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager/Bulldog

Read our forum standards before posting

Looking for help? Contact our support team!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    In this specific case we're looking for questions from the community that we can answer as part of our livestream. It's not that no other questions will ever receive a response.

Now that we have additional people on the Community Team we'll be able to get responses to people more quickly, but there are still some questions we can't answer yet.

As we've pointed out before, we're working through a pretty major transition at the moment from what was Trion Worlds to the gamigo group. Things are moving very fast and we have people very dedicated to getting everything locked in so we can continue to grow in the future. Until this process is complete it's tough to give very specific answers to questions about upcoming content.

We sincerely hope people can remain patient while things are stabilizing, but understand if people are frustrated by the process. We have all the motivation in the world to get things locked in as soon as possible. The moment we have more info to share we will absolutely share it. In the interim there will be a lot of questions we won't be able to answer with certainty.
    You keep bringing up this transition. Does that really stop you from coming on the forums and answering our questions that have been asked about for months? 2 livestreams ago (the first one that got cancelled) you said in twitch chat you would post the questions with the answers that you had ready for the stream. We got nothing. Now last weeks stream got cancelled and you managed to answer 3 questions. 2 of them which didnt need and answer as they had already been fixed.

Your stream doesnt ever start on time and always finishes early so we dont even get the full amount of time anyways so why waste even more time answering questions that could be answered right here on the forums?

If you took the time to actually read the forums you would need a 12 hour stream to answer the majority of questions that have been asked for years with no reply. You want us to remain patient but have ignored us for months and months about bugs that have been around since D13. Patience has ran out with many people and you should be trying to win us back not give us the same response that we have had for years.

But answer this one question and one question only in the stream. Why do you think its okay to release new content on top of all the bugs we currently have and have had since release?

First of all, thanks for the candor, Fasti. We're all reasonable people here and can understand the process you're going throuhg.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    We know that, but put yourself in our position: if we have no way to know, beforehand, which questions you can or cannot answer, is it really fair to come to the forums and subject people to make questions, so you'll hand-pick just a few you can answer, leaving most people frustrated in the process? Especially when you already have a back log of threads like this that you could just go through and hand-pick from there yourselves?

I think our suggestion here is that you first answer what you can, from previous threads, pretty much what Zephkial did with only 3 questions -- but on a larger base. Comb through these threads and you'll find wonderful suggestions from other Ark Hunters.

Most questions in the past threads are pretty simple, I guarantee. People want to know when Issue X will be solved. Even if you can't give an immediate answer to Issue X, telling people that you're aware of it already works wonders. Heck, even if you explicitly say "I can't answer that now, maybe after event Y or in Z months" people will already understand the transition prevents you from answering that particular issue.

Maybe you think that you've answered all you can, and people will assume what you haven't answered is because you can't answer. That's not the case: since you keep bringing the transition up and the recent history of understaffed/overworked people working for Trion, when a question is not answered your playerbase mindset defaults to think that you don't care about it or you didn't even have the time to review it. And this puts your client base in an antagonist state towards you. Make one effort, clear the last threads and we'll be able to move from here.

Frankly, ever since the move to Gamigo, thinks are looking up to Defiance. Again, kudos to Zephkial for putting an effort in the forums. Just bury this past and we'll all move forward.

Questions

Why not just settle for a compromise of both? Whatever questions can be directly related to the stream could be answered there, and whatever questions are not could be answered on the forums. Another option could be have the more complex ones on the forums, and the simple ones on the stream, or vice versa. I don't know... but seeing as how the situation has been for some time now, surely some sort of compromise (the best of both worlds) can be met, no?

San and Draken have discussed matters like this here on the thread already so I won't dive into it further..it would just be a repeat :P

Is there an estimate on when this transition will be finalized? If not, that's fine...I will say it is nice to see some responses and communication be improved, even if slightly. I hope this trend can continue. As far as patience goes... I am personally a very patient person, so some of this stuff doesn't bother me too much, especially since I'm newish around these parts. However, there have been some people who have been here for far longer than I have, and for those people, they have been patient enough to the point they are just tired of things. Some long time supporters have moved on and more than likely won't be coming back. Others are still here, but are possibly at their limits. There is possibly even some who are still holding on to these games, nowhere near exhausted from what been occurring with them (Not trying to turn this into a negative post, just providing an analysis/criticism on some matters). I hope everyone involved with these games (devs, community team, mainly the creators and perhaps even the players) can remain passionate about Defiance and Defiance 2050. I am happy that Defiance 2013 is starting to get back with more attention, as anything that helps to keep this series around is wonderful. ^_^

Following up with what SanCarioca said in the 2nd half of his post, even if you can't give a direct solution to these questions, surely there can be some sort of response to these questions...? Ignoring most of the questions has not been helpful for the community at all....the forums, and even the in-game chat, have been examples of that. Also, many questions may probably not be asked here, due to the pattern of previous threads and streams. Whether this is the case or not, I hope some of the past questions can be answered (especially the last Dev Q & A thread), as well as more questions on the stream.

Is it so wrong to want both Defiance games grow in popularity and success, and see improvement from the company's side of things?
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

1: Have their been any changes made to the previous content roadmap?

2: Is there an adjusted patch/update timeline ready for announcement (even if it's tentative)?

3: The previous content roadmap listed "Introducing end game dungeons & boss encounters" under the "Paradise Lost" update, is that still on the table and, if so, is there anything you are ready to announce about the broad strokes of what that is intended to end up looking like?

4: A change was made at some point to make having a higher power rating than an enemy increase your damage against that enemy. This allows for Power Rating to feel less hollow and more meaningful, however, the current layout of the game has characters that have finished all story content and are power rating 2500+ running dailies and arkfalls/sieges all around the map against enemies that are anywhere from 100 to 2000 Power Rating. The vast majority of content currently available to "end game " characters is currently trivial and boring despite giving useful rewards. Is there any thought as to making the content "end game" players are rewarded for running (dailies, Arkfalls, Sieges) spawn enemies with power ratings scaled up to provide a challenge?

+ Reply to Thread