+ Reply to Thread

Future of defiance 2013

Can defiance 2013 be optimized and moved to ps4 and allow transfer of characters and inventory?
    psn caleb70041
    dopey 359
    pump shotgun king
    187 syndicate

Nope... That's why they made 2050. Said it wasn't possible. I think it was and they were just too lazy to do the work.

Bingo!!!!!

I work on commercial programs since 1985. I bought a PS4 couple of months ago, and PS3 games are not compatible. This means Sony didn't simply improve the OS, but wrote anew. So you don't simply have to recompile the source code, but recompile, check, check, check and rewrite. And this has to be done three times (ps.xb,win). I wouldn't want to be in their shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Max It View Post
    I work on commercial programs since 1985. I bought a PS4 couple of months ago, and PS3 games are not compatible. This means Sony didn't simply improve the OS, but wrote anew. So you don't simply have to recompile the source code, but recompile, check, check, check and rewrite. And this has to be done three times (ps.xb,win). I wouldn't want to be in their shoes
    But they've kinda already done that already with 2050. And actually, I heard that 2050 was originally just supposed to be a port of d13. Now that's just a rumor I've heard, so obviously I can't verify it or link a source, but if that's indeed the case, then it makes me look at 2050 and wonder what happened during development. Oof.
    Platform/Region: PS3/NA
    Character Name/EGO Level: Protonyx/6000
    Alternate Character Name/EGO Level: Yuki Chan01/4900
    Clan/Position: DRH/Leader
    Link To Defiance Discord Server
    Link To Defiance Data Discord Server
    "2050 is what happens when you order your defiance from wish.com" - DEATHBRINGER210