+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Does anyone know what is going on with the PC version of this game?

I know they have had a turnover/merger or whatever.

Dev streams have stopped, feedback has stopped, CS tickets have slowed to a crawl.

Does anyone, anyone at all have any rumours or anything to contribute?

Bad business to leave your fans/customers strapped to a rock in the middle of an arkfall dropping.

yep, not a word from the head office . in who knows how long.

Ugh thanks.

The original defiance has triple the player-base than D2050. If anything, they need to get rid of 2050 and focus all their attention on the original and just port the original to Xbox one and PS4 with new content, visuals, etc. They should have done that from the very beginning and they wouldn't be in this messed to began with. I'm only referring to steam PC/steam charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Haze34 View Post
    The original defiance has triple the player-base than D2050. If anything, they need to get rid of 2050 and focus all their attention on the original and just port the original to Xbox one and PS4 with new content, visuals, etc. They should have done that from the very beginning and they wouldn't be in this messed to began with. I'm only referring to steam PC/steam charts.
    I hadn't looked the steam charts for 2050 in a while. Can't believe they've dropped below 200. O_o NOW, that being said, look at the numbers for D13. They aren't much better. 2050 is at about 170. D13 is at 200. That's really not a big difference.

What we aren't seeing is the number of players who play using Glyph. But judging from the sample size steam is providing, I'm highly doubtful that D13 has "triple" the number of players as you say. If anything they might be "slightly higher" But one thing that is true, is both old and new versions are suffering from a steady decline in the number of peak players online per month, month over month.

On steam, D13 had about 12,600 players on launch. This dropped like a brick over the course of 2 months, picked back with a few spikes in players (likely due to major patches, fixes, and DLC being patched in), but after March 2016, the numbers drop below 1000 and continue that trend to the current number. 2050 had 2300 at launch, and dropped like a brick immediately afterwards.

While I enjoyed my time in both D13 and 2050, and the people I've spent it with, I don't think the Defiance brand being ran the way it is now, is a financlly successful model. If there are even twice the number of players on Glyph, it's still below 1000 players when combined with Steam users of both games.

Simply put, the team is a shell of what they were, with the funding of a shell company, putting out holiday updates in hopes of keeping enough players around to keep pushing out incremental updates so people will keep buying RNG boxes from D13 or ark keys in 2050.

After the Engineer update comes out, I highly doubtful we will see any more story content be introduced. Or if we do, it will be of similarly limited quality like the last batch we got. The engineer update will fulfill the last major financial obligation they have to players who purchased the pack and the game will likely be put on the same type of life support that D13 has been for years now.
    IrathientLivesMatter | Kasumi | Sgt Engee | Veedo

Actually D2050 only gets around 115 players on steam, D13 around 190.

https://steamcharts.com/app/743090 (2050)

https://steamcharts.com/app/224600 ( D13)

Still terrible for both , but seems like after since the store came back to D13, more players are playing it. 2050 looks completely dead on steam anyway. I was thinking about coming back to aleast d13 and trove soon. might as well, despite the nonsense i still enjoy both game especially trove. The only solution i see is to ditch 2050 though and port d13 to xbox one and ps4 and provide new content, more visual options, etc for all 3 platforms. But i don't think its going to happen. I personally believe defiance will shut down before the end of the year and if it happens i just hope the devs have sense to make the game playable offline.

I will pay 100 dollars for the offline edition , at least we can play it solo , story and arkfalls and level up, etc explore. Hell i only play solo really anyway.

I highly doubt there will be an offline option. They'll have to rescale the arkfalls to account for power/ego level and then have a stable release. On top of that, they'll have to have an authentication server and download server still up to maintain. The fact that they'd have to invest time, money, and resources they don't have to do it is enough.

As for being shut down by the end of the year...not sure. At the end of the day they have to look at the cost of running the servers in maintenance mode at the least compared to the reveue they'd generate from the store. And while there is at least one person on the forums who did nothing but complain week after week while the store was down, I doubt a handful of people dropping money on synergies and keys will keep either or both versions up.

Personally, I'm waiting for the next update in 2050 so I can spend the last of my bits, then I'll probably wait for the inevitable wind down. As sad as that would be. Though if you want to look at a fantastic wind down and life support of a game, look at Dirty Bomb. They are removing all monetization from the game and making all old content earnable through play. As a friend summed it up, burning the game economy to the ground for player fun and enjoyment. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by neko_gunner View Post
    And while there is at least one person on the forums who did nothing but complain week after week while the store was down, I doubt a handful of people dropping money on synergies and keys will keep either or both versions up.
    You can't seriously think that one person complaining about not being able to spend their hard earned $ on a game they already spend their spare time on has or will contribute to others not sticking to the game. The store issue effected everyone, not just those who complained. And also, can you really blame those who complain about the ongoing and longstanding issues they choose to complain about? Perhaps being complicit or not pointing out the issues contributes to the problems not being fixed, ever think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jagger Six View Post
    You can't seriously think that one person complaining about not being able to spend their hard earned $ on a game they already spend their spare time on has or will contribute to others not sticking to the game. The store issue effected everyone, not just those who complained. And also, can you really blame those who complain about the ongoing and longstanding issues they choose to complain about? Perhaps being complicit or not pointing out the issues contributes to the problems not being fixed, ever think of that?
    If I was in the same position, I would have done 2 things:

1) Submitted a ticket to support requesting a refund of my bits.
    2) If my bits weren't refunded in a timely manner or I received a refusal for a refund, and I had legal ground (I.E. nothing in the EULA) I would have pursued legal action against Trion Worlds / Gamigo in court.

To my knowledge not a single person who complained on the forums submitted a ticket
    asking for a refund. It is definitely your hard earned money. I respect that. But when all you do is complain in the 2050 forums that the D13 store is down, day after day, it gets old. Just like all the same threads with different names but same posts asking for poultromancer nerfs after the nerf, day after day, for weeks during the holidays.

It gets old.

Ive had many issues such as being unable to scroll through my inventory that has now spread to all menus. Because of this i cant scroll through the bit store and use my bits and you know what response i get from trion support. They said we just recently patched the game and many players are saying their issues got resolved. I replied exaplaining my issue again and i included a video of the issue and guess what they sent the same message so yea im done with trion and their games only reason i even bother with the forums anymore is to offer advice.

+ Reply to Thread