+ Reply to Thread

PTS Synergy Feedback: Notes and Thoughts

so I went and played on the PTS for a few hours...I set up my characters to a comfortable power rating, grabbed some gear from the PTS vendor, grabbed synergy crystals etc.

Anyways, I noticed a few bug fixes on the PTS, but not sure which ones will carry over to live.
    • Vehicles no longer explode in one hit (I have yet to test with time trials or rollers, but runners in the field are fine...with small enemies at least).
    • Loadouts are back to normal. You can use a certain class on loadout 1 and it will not mess up loadout 2's class (I am not sure about the other 4 loadouts sadly).
    • Shotguns do critical hits again. I have not tested much with this yet, but last I noticed, they were hitting criticals.

I also noticed that a 3rd daily contract was added to ark hunter bounties, so another "free" gulanite/ark key opportunity per day. Daily Acclamation only requires 6 dailies completed, and weekly requisition only requires 5 daily requisition and acclamation completed.

The combination of synergies is pretty nifty. I have ran with mainly the Assault class-based synergy for now, but I am fond of the bonuses it gives. My only thing with the Assault synergy is that the RAMPAGE text seems to overlap if you get more than one kill at once (I haven't tested this much, so maybe it only does this 5 times max...I have only seen it trigger x2 in a few instances). I do not really notice a problem with it outside of areas where there are a swarm of mobs. Requires further testing.

I still have to do some testing, but so far the synergy system does what it is designed to do. Something that has me curious right now though is... aside from radiant providing more energy to core output, is there any reason why we should be aiming for that and not just stopping with flawless? I noticed on the PTS a full set of flawless close to max level unlocks Tier 6...would a full set of radiant hold some other secrets, besides unlocking Tier 6 at a lower level? Outside of that, I am enjoying the amount of customization possible with these synergies, and I am eager to see what happens when they hit live! I will probably bump this thread or post in the sticky with updates to my findings.
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Guider View Post
    Vehicles no longer explode in one hit (I have yet to test with time trials or rollers, but runners in the field are fine...with small enemies at least).

Loadouts are back to normal. You can use a certain class on loadout 1 and it will not mess up loadout 2's class (I am not sure about the other 4 loadouts sadly).

Shotguns do critical hits again. I have not tested much with this yet, but last I noticed, they were hitting criticals.
    Color me surprised these nagging issues have (apparently) been addressed after all this time.

Yeah, I also like the customization of the synergy system. If radiant is intended to be better than flawless then shouldn’t the radiant get slotted instead of the flawless?

I also wanted to note that not all of the prototypes are available for testing and since the turkey seems to be a big issue I wanted to test it. As well as the Goliath and Tempest but they are not in the PTS vendor. So are we to assume these are fixed or??
    PS4/PTS/PC North America. PS3 Defiance Veteran, Founder of the Clan BLOODLINES. A PS Home Beta original. Musician and Gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    Color me surprised these nagging issues have (apparently) been addressed after all this time.
    is that a rainbow color?

Jokes aside, I understand why you feel this way, and I can only confirm that the loadout issue appears to be fixed of the issues I posted (at least in regards to the available loadouts on PTS). The other two I still need to test, but I am hoping to get more done Sunday or sometime this week. Personal technology issues along with life matters, have been getting in the way of my playtime with the PTS.

that and I am sucking bad compared to console :/ (on the bright side, I am getting the hang of things slowly XD)
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Soba JP View Post
    Yeah, I also like the customization of the synergy system. If radiant is intended to be better than flawless then shouldn’t the radiant get slotted instead of the flawless?
    Radiant will still probably be the goal either way since even in the beginning it will help to reach the higher tiers more quickly (as well as boosting the core output when having lower quality crystals). I like that having all radiant is not required to get the full bonuses, but I just am curious as to whether or not having the 6 crystals (guessing 150% each based off patterns of the other categories) all be radiant will yield a hidden gem (like a special ability/effect, or something else). If this is not the case, then I am honestly fine with it. We as players will not really know either way until this update hits live, and at that point we can see how it goes with obtaining these crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Soba JP View Post
    I also wanted to note that not all of the prototypes are available for testing and since the turkey seems to be a big issue I wanted to test it. As well as the Goliath and Tempest but they are not in the PTS vendor. So are we to assume these are fixed or??
    Yeah I noticed only the 10 base game prototypes are available from the vendor. I would have enjoyed testing out senbonzakura right away to see if it is fixed or not, but I guess that is a "wait and see" issue... (I could try killing Volge often but not sure if it would be to much avail. :/ )

Quote Originally Posted by Piszmaty76 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.
    yup. I still have more to go though XD

I would not mind seeing a few more people on the PTS, but given history, I understand their side of things.

Things are slowly improving, so I don't mind spending a little time messing with this stuff in the hope that all goes well.~

Either way, if anyone else has feedback about this update, feel free to post! If possible, hearing from more than just a handful of people will help with feedback...even if it is negative.

Also, I noticed a 4th daily under Ark Hunter Bounties became available for me today. This was after daily reset hit.

I do not know what the trigger for it was but this would make a possibility for 4 "free" daily openings of ark chests. Note that I still have not opened up an Ark chest on the PTS, and getting to the amount of gear I have accumulated on Live....it is not humanly possible for me to accurately test power rating of drops, especially at the high end. If any changes are made to that, that will have to be something the developers show/players will have to wait for it to hit live. With that in mind, obtaining 4 "free" keys/gulanite a day versus the standard 2 we are used to seeing now, will help provide more opportunities at getting good quality gear. Again, I am unable to accurately test and see whether more "free" opportunities will be helpful or not, as that will have to be saved for Live/developer feedback. I just found it to be something worth noting as of this moment.

Man, when I checked PTS several day ago, there were actually 5 ark hunter bounties - 2 that we got now + 3 new (kill 150 using explosive weapon and …), so I thought it will be actually max per day 5/5 if u will do them all - like kill 150 enemies using Bolt-Action sniper its not 3-5 mins as usual daily. So... 1 hour till update -we'll see all new stuff soon, let's hope servers will be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopeman1908 View Post
    Man, when I checked PTS several day ago, there were actually 5 ark hunter bounties - 2 that we got now + 3 new (kill 150 using explosive weapon and …), so I thought it will be actually max per day 5/5 if u will do them all - like kill 150 enemies using Bolt-Action sniper its not 3-5 mins as usual daily. So... 1 hour till update -we'll see all new stuff soon, let's hope servers will be alive.
    yeah I was thinking it might go up to 5, but I did not know what the trigger was. If it was based on Power Rating or some other kind of factor... We will find out either way I suppose.