+ Reply to Thread

Arkfall Sites: Calling down issues

Not sure if this is a bug or written into the game, but myself and a few others have been facing the issue where we call down an Arkfall and plan to set it open to all in phase two, only for some selfish people to go in ahead and closing it to private for their little group rendering calling it down in the first place utterly useless.

I would like to see the Devs change the settings so that when you place the Arkspike at activation it gives you a menu that gives you the option to open it to all, make it group or private etc - as you bought the Arkspike it would make better sense that you can choose how you use it.

This may instead be related to the annoying 'E' button lag that Steam/PC standalone users face in doing anything. This slows down revive, entering arenas and everything inbetween. If you want to promote group play and friendly players helping each other, these could be fixed *before* you fix less important things like making the graphics look pretty.

I appreciate you're moving hundreds of miles and have lost a few coders along the way due to redundancies, but you know you could be honest to the players and communicate your current situation. It would stop all the angry posts and general sense of annoyance felt amongst the community as a whole. I've worked in promotion for over 25 years and it frustrates me seeing how some at the company are severely alergic to talking to people. I have also never seen such a severe reluctance on the part of Developers (and yes, I'm looking at you Zeph - you are reluctant even to chat while in the game) at refusing to talk to players in a game.

I use/play on other platforms and in some the Developers are highly respected by the players because they make a point to logging in daily or every other day, play with the gamers to test any issues and chat to them, often with surprising honesty. If you detest that aspect, hire someone who can and will reasure people. You want our real money, come on, help yourselves and do something to help you get it

No problem on the xbox one so could just be pc bug did 5 yesterday no problem
    13th dragoons founder na
    one of defiance oldest clan
    ashes eu

Quote Originally Posted by Andraste View Post
    Not sure if this is a bug or written into the game, but myself and a few others have been facing the issue where we call down an Arkfall and plan to set it open to all in phase two, only for some selfish people to go in ahead and closing it to private for their little group rendering calling it down in the first place utterly useless.

I would like to see the Devs change the settings so that when you place the Arkspike at activation it gives you a menu that gives you the option to open it to all, make it group or private etc - as you bought the Arkspike it would make better sense that you can choose how you use it.

This may instead be related to the annoying 'E' button lag that Steam/PC standalone users face in doing anything. This slows down revive, entering arenas and everything inbetween. If you want to promote group play and friendly players helping each other, these could be fixed *before* you fix less important things like making the graphics look pretty.

I appreciate you're moving hundreds of miles and have lost a few coders along the way due to redundancies, but you know you could be honest to the players and communicate your current situation. It would stop all the angry posts and general sense of annoyance felt amongst the community as a whole. I've worked in promotion for over 25 years and it frustrates me seeing how some at the company are severely alergic to talking to people. I have also never seen such a severe reluctance on the part of Developers (and yes, I'm looking at you Zeph - you are reluctant even to chat while in the game) at refusing to talk to players in a game.

I use/play on other platforms and in some the Developers are highly respected by the players because they make a point to logging in daily or every other day, play with the gamers to test any issues and chat to them, often with surprising honesty. If you detest that aspect, hire someone who can and will reasure people. You want our real money, come on, help yourselves and do something to help you get it
    The only "blocked" issue I have ran into with major arkbreaks on PS4 have been unable to enter due to at least 1 person muting me. Granted, I have yet to try the private session myself so I do not know if it produces a similar effect on PS4. If I understood your post correctly, then maybe that group just wants to stay together or something of the sorts...? (if what you mean is more along the lines of you and whoever else was there getting completely blocked from entering, then yeah that's BS and should be noted as a bug to fix).

Not a bad suggestion/idea for change, and yeah the interact button problem can be very annoying.

Well maybe having the CMs we have now will help some

I do not blame the developers for being quiet at times. I can not simply defend or provide criticism since this situation can be looked at through different sides, angles, perspectives, etc. but one thing I will give the developers is that Synergies for Defiance 2050 are currently performing well on the PTS (none of the Synergies seem to be messed up or anything), so there is that if anything.

I will note this though: Given what happened last year with: the business side of Trion handling the IP poorly (for both Defiance and Defiance 2050); the fallout of Trion Inc. dissolving; Gamigo coming in to "clean house" due to their systems in place (not trying to point Gamigo as bad...I have seen some improvements with them already)... whoever the developers that remain from that transition are, the transition might have impacted them in ways that which we can only speculate. Having a good friend as a fellow employee end up getting booted is something that would affect me in different ways, so I will not rule out that possibility for this case.

Another thing is that player numbers have dwindled by a fair amount since the game's launch. As I don't have the accurate numbers for all platforms, I can only speculate that the amount of people playing recently is somewhere around a few hundred. I could be wrong, but last I recall Defiance 2050 at launch had...what, around 10,000+ people playing it (maybe even close to 100,000)...? Given an idea of current numbers, that is a huge potential drop in money made. Along with losing employees and amount of money earned, this could raise concerns for developers [especially those who have families (romantic partner, child{ren}, etc.)]and cause other problems. Worrying/stressing about if they will be next; bitter mood towards others; focusing more heavily on their work versus contact with the community; etc. While this is 9/10 probably not the case, I like to consider what possibilities I can, and imagine what things would be like if I were in their shoes.

Back to the transition period though. Manpower has been lost, revenue has been lost, and funding has been [possibly] lost (not going to confirm or deny what kind of funding Gamigo provided in the early stages of the transition, as I am unclear about that. I am just including that here as a possibility). Now all the developers are left with operating at what would possibly be a big loss and engaging in overtime to try and provide a good experience for us players, as well as give Gamigo reasons to not fire them. Players have suffered in the hopes that things will improve; developers have suffered a loss in resources. Do those possible situations excuse the lack of transparency when it comes to questions/general stuff only the developers can provide answers for? Does that excuse the lack of fixes/transparency about potential fixes for bugs/issues that have present for months? I would have to say no for both of these cases. Given the circumstances though, I can not entirely blame them, nor can I entirely defend them, as I am unaware of what happened behind-the-scenes. It would have been/be nice to see better transparency when possible, but until the developers are probably not as pressured as they were then and maybe even now, this is a vision that just might be currently impossible or limited as shown by history.

For all we know, the Synergies update could be a make-or-break kind of situation. I am just speculating though...and while I do not agree with some of your wording in your last few sentences, I do understand you and other fellow players frustration. What I posted above are just my thoughts of the events from the past few months. It is all just speculation, however as I like to include as many outcomes as possible, I will not entirely rule them out. I hope you, Andraste, can have this problem you reported at the beginning of your post sorted out. If it truly is the latter that I was thinking it was, then well that sucks... Either way, I wish you good luck, fellow Ark Hunter!
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!