+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: Not Earning MP

Here's my main complaint: the SGT goal text does mention awarding MP as a result. But the rewards section DOES NOT show any MP rewarded. We don't even know how much MP we're supposed to receive from the contract.

The screenshot below is from today and only shows how much REP, XP and Scrip we receive as rewards.

What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by SanCarioca View Post
    Ok, I don't even know what a "Recruit Syn Pack" is. Are you implying I have to buy it in order for my MP to increase?

Because I have been completing my SGT dailies and my MP is still at 0.
    One synergy, the Recruit synergy, is store exclusive. It also comes with a few other bits of junk. I'm not saying you HAVE to buy it for it to increase, I'm saying it just also happens to give a one-time increase of 5,000 MP.

Look at the bar on your left in the synergy tab, not the MP bar on top. If your MP bar says 0/500, that's fine. If your core meter on your left says 0/100, then you have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMonkeysGuy View Post
    AFAIK, MP is automatically converted to base core power at 500. Dailies just happen to give 500 MP, so it automatically converts into the core. So say, the Recruit syn that gives 5,000 MP, automatically converts into 10 core power.
    Yeah MP gets auto-converted from what I have noticed.

Duplicate gems are also automatically converted, but even though things and people say they convert into dust, that's only half-true - like MP, they only convert into dust AFTER you've hit a matrix core soft-cap of 25/50/75 or the hard cap of 100.
    Yeah I realized that as well AFTER I explained to some people yesterday in zone chat...my bad people, sorry ><

I think 125/500 or some other value is likely a consequence of a duplicate gem. I only got a few rough ones today so I assume one of those auto-MP'd itself. So the theory would be, 125/250/375/500 MP for Rough/Cut/Polished/Flawless respectively.
    I have yet to get a duplicate crystal, so I can't confirm or deny the amounts for the other qualities. It might be possible that it is more, but that is not a bad theory since the % of energy crystals give follow a pattern as well.

Right now, I have 19/25 for the current initial base core value. 3 dailies, 10 points from the Recruit syn pack (which I actually remember) and the weekly whose value I don't remember, which I assume is only six dailies worth of MP (I won't be able to re-test that for like a week though) and then a spare 125 MP sitting actively in the MP bar as a result of one rough gem being broken down into MP.

I have yet to do today's daily, as I am wanting to post that as video here to help ease some confusion, but with just completing 2 dailies and the weekly, I am at 8/100. I think weekly gives 2500 MP if the synergy matrix follows PTS and starts out at 1/100, or, as I pointed out in the thread earlier, maybe it scales based on MP level...but I can't say for sure as of yet since this is just week one. Daily seems to be giving out 500 MP as of right now.

I'd appreciate a dev to chime in to clarify if I have everything right. But that's how I understand it. Unless someone here is legitimately saying that they completed a daily/weekly/bought the recruit syn/got a duplicate gem and DIDN'T get the core power, and the math checks out - I think everyone's fine.
    Yeah, if there is an MP issue, I hope that can get sorted out.

I think there are 2 possible solutions to this.

1. Show MP is gained ingame. It can be like an exp amount shown on the stats page or have some sort of notification showing up that you got MP.
    2. Have some sort of developer video or the next livestream explain about the MP.

I'll try to do what I can with the video to help explain the system as well as the MP, and try to get that posted here ASAP.
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

You could probably test the 1/100 core power start theory by making a new character. But I think you're right... it sounds right, because most weeklies are the value of five dailies. So, I have 1 point from the start, 3 points from dailies, 10 from the Recruit syn pack, and 5 from the weekly. 19 total, as is.

Considering MP and Dust have a 1:1 conversion at the lapidary, this'll also be relevant for the rates of dust. So, once you start hitting caps; dailies would be 500 dust, weeklies would be 2500 dust, etc.

Ive done my sg contracts everyday, my weekly is done. Fairly certain i have recieved zero mp.
    IGN - David Irwin * PSN - cruxkilla *

Quote Originally Posted by David Irwin View Post
    Ive done my sg contracts everyday, my weekly is done. Fairly certain i have recieved zero mp.
    Three dailies and the weekly? Your core should say 9/100. If it does, you're fine.

my video recording got messed up, so I may have to delay posting the video until next daily reset, since I just completed the daily. :/

sorry people ><
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Legitimately don't think there's a glitch here. Here's how I think I understand it:

AFAIK, MP is automatically converted to base core power at 500. Dailies just happen to give 500 MP, so it automatically converts into the core. So say, the Recruit syn that gives 5,000 MP, automatically converts into 10 core power.

Duplicate gems are also automatically converted, but even though things and people say they convert into dust, that's only half-true - like MP, they only convert into dust AFTER you've hit a matrix core soft-cap of 25/50/75 or the hard cap of 100.

I think 125/500 or some other value is likely a consequence of a duplicate gem. I only got a few rough ones today so I assume one of those auto-MP'd itself. So the theory would be, 125/250/375/500 MP for Rough/Cut/Polished/Flawless respectively.

Right now, I have 19/25 for the current initial base core value. 3 dailies, 10 points from the Recruit syn pack (which I actually remember) and the weekly whose value I don't remember, which I assume is only six dailies worth of MP (I won't be able to re-test that for like a week though) and then a spare 125 MP sitting actively in the MP bar as a result of one rough gem being broken down into MP.

I'd appreciate a dev to chime in to clarify if I have everything right. But that's how I understand it. Unless someone here is legitimately saying that they completed a daily/weekly/bought the recruit syn/got a duplicate gem and DIDN'T get the core power, and the math checks out - I think everyone's fine.

Hi With your formula, Its all right
    if I'm the same as you are, you could put that in the patch notes and clarify a cm that you're right,

We saved this confusion.

What happens when core output reaches a specific number?

What happens when Matrix energy reaches 100?

And what happens when we reach 500Mp bar?

Sorry but it's confusing for me,

Then in the store for 500 bits it turns everything into Dust, for what it is? For buy in the Ianix vendor at still?

Ty, translate Google

okay so since I can't make a video yet I'll resort to try and using pictures for now for some visualization.

This is the number that should be looked at. *Note that this is the starting level for Matrix Battery Power.

If you have completed your SGT daily

as well as your weekly

that is enough to push you to level 7 assuming you do not get duplicate crystals of the same synergy.

Now with the 2 other dailies since Monday in mind that should be enough to bump up to level 9 (since for a certain amount of levels 500 MP is required to advance a level).

With this in mind, those of you who have bought the Recruit's starter pack should be at least Level 19 today going off the basis it takes you 500 MP to level up still. Not to mention, you have yet to obtain a duplicate synergy crystal. Contracts don't state amount of MP gained, nor do system logs, but pay attention to the number I circled on the left side of your screen the next time you do a SGT daily(as well as weekly). Make sure to take note/pictures before and after. If you are still having problems, try posting again here and possibly even sending in a support ticket.

Also note that each rectangle filled=1 level.

here is a picture from PTS incase it helps show the number better

Also fixed the other pictures, sorry about that people.

Quote Originally Posted by Guider View Post
    Not to mention, you have yet to obtain a duplicate synergy crystal. Contracts don't state amount of MP gained, nor do system logs, but pay attention to the number I circled on the left side of your screen the next time you do a SGT daily(as well as weekly). Make sure to take note/pictures before and after. If you are still having problems, try posting again here and possibly even sending in a support ticket.
    Will do that, thanks. But I still think the correct, honest, transparent way to do it is showing the exact amount of MP as a reward in the SGT reward section.

Also, Guider, after all, can you give us a practical example how MP/Core Output affect... anything really?

+ Reply to Thread