+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: Not Earning MP

Synergy Matrix Example

Quote Originally Posted by SanCarioca View Post
    Will do that, thanks. But I still think the correct, honest, transparent way to do it is showing the exact amount of MP as a reward in the SGT reward section.

Also, Guider, after all, can you give us a practical example how MP/Core Output affect... anything really?
    yeah, that would be one way to help ease some confusion, and sure I will be using PTS stuff as an example since it might work better (certain numbers changed such as how much energy the last tier needs, but outside of that it follows the same basis...so far at least).

MP helps to reach higher Matrix Battery levels, and better quality Synergy Crystals provide more of a boost. Both of these requirements must be met in order to reach higher Synergy tiers (Core output is a result of the Matrix Battery and the Crystal Sockets working together, and the number tells you what tier you are on).

If you have no synergy crystals, then your core output should be zero as seen here. Even when having a high/max level for the Matrix Battery, crystals are a necessary part.

Due to a zero core output, not even the first tier of synergies can be reached.

Socketing a crystal no matter the quality of it (Matrix Battery level does not matter much in this case) will provide energy to the Core.

With having a whopping 250 Core Output, it is more than enough to achieve Tier 1 bonuses.

Now another crystal is able to be socketed, and that brings Core Output to 500. Here is where Matrix Battery level starts to matter more since Tier 2 Bonuses require more energy.

Since you have at least 400 Energy, Tier 2 Bonuses are achieved.

This process rinses and repeats until all 6 crystals are socketed. With having 6 Flawless Crystals, as well as a Max level Matrix Battery, Core output will be at its highest point (in this example at least, Live servers may be different).

Since Energy is 1500, Tier 6 bonuses are achieved.

Again, numbers are a little bit different on Live servers, but hopefully this can help you get somewhat of an idea at least

PS- it is nice to see you back on the forums San
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Great post, as always, Guider. Thank you so much for your patience and care.

Hmmm.... I must be really lucky. I was able to socket all crystals and obtain Tier 3 benefits in oone synergy:

Quote Originally Posted by SanCarioca View Post
    Great post, as always, Guider. Thank you so much for your patience and care.

Hmmm.... I must be really lucky. I was able to socket all crystals and obtain Tier 3 benefits in oone synergy:

you have gotten 3 Volcanic Synergy Crystals 1 for Citrine, Emerald, and Sapphire.

You can tell which Synergy type you have equipped by seeing the triangles covering 4 directions of the hexagons, as seen here.

Also note that when I have referred to the Tiers, I meant the ones shown in the picture that lead to the Synergy bonuses (just the vocabulary I use for describing the "set" parts) being increased over from..let's say what you have right there to this.

If the Tiers are what you mean by the bonuses, and you have a different word for the upgraded parts of what you have right now, then my apologies, as it seems you just use different vocabulary to describe them. I just do not want you to get confused San.

also, no problem.
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

I think I found another problem with MP that has not been listed yet. I'll try to go into detail of what I can since I may have goofed up somewhere.

Okay so.... I completed a major arkfall a little while ago and found this at the vendor.

Since I was saving up to buy a Flawless Cache of any Synergy. I figured I might as well buy it, so I did as evidenced by my currency change here.

The Synergy Crystal that I got was a Flawless Eruption Amethyst, which is shown here.

Right before I bought the cache, I had the Rough Eruption Amethyst (which I showed that I had on page 3 near the bottom) still equipped. Since I already had the Rough quality Synergy Crystal equipped the Flawless took the place of the Rough as shown here.

Based off given information found in-game and the Synergy Patch Notes, I would suspect it is designed to auto-equip the higher quality if the lower quality was equipped. However, when this happened, I got NO MP for it. None, zero, zilch.

One other thing I would like to note is that at some point today I completed the SGT daily (I do not know exactly when as I was purposely passing by some Grid Emergencies because I was waiting to do them later to show something). Aside from hitting Level 10 and getting a crystal I definitely did not ever see getting, my contracts showed that I completed it as seen here.

At whatever point I completed it, it was before this Arkfall, and with dailies handing out 500 MP right now, I am missing MP somewhere (I am guessing MP gained from Rough quality Synergy Crystals is 125...?).

This has also been the only duplicate Synergy Crystal type that I have gotten (that I am aware of at least). I have been following System, Reward logs, and my Synergy Crystals across all of my Synergies, and this is the only case so far for me that I should have some MP shown....even if it may be lost next level.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? If not, beware when you get duplicate Synergy Crystals, as you may lose out on MP.

I hope I explained it well enough to replicate it since it seems like a bug... :/

I found a confirmed/replicatable bug with the SGT Daily contract today:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...trix-not-LvlUP

+ Reply to Thread