+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Okay, I'm playing with it a bit in more low-energy environments, I see now that it's just some occasional spawns that do the insane damage, and most don't. If you have some way to reliably make it happen, it still effectively counts for nothing, because again, any player can just spam turkeys and they'll get one in seconds anyways.

You're touting sheer efficiency like it matters, but you're talking a difference of seconds in something that's already an order of magnitude faster than anything else, all the while saying that it's gotten harder to use the thing that can still easily instakill anything that's not a Major Arkfall boss - and those are still dying in minuscule time even still. And yes, shooting you does also spawn turkeys too. That can be fixed. But in regards to the VS - if they fixed the Poultromancer today, you think you wouldn't have a dozen more people at Arkfalls just using that instead to the same effect? The lower rate of spawn doesn't matter at all when you're one-shotting crap - the time it takes you to get several spawns of Hellbugs on a mechanic with a 15 second cooldown is still leagues faster than actually killing something boss-level with the DPS of not-broken gear. You're not supposed to one-shot Inquisitors or Warmasters or anything like that.

I'll say I was wrong on the threshold thing, because I hadn't really been able to tell before that only some turkeys are busted. But everything else, you're arguing semantics on an issue with the same fix regardless of the nomenclature used - you fix the broken stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMonkeysGuy View Post
    Okay, I'm playing with it a bit in more low-energy environments, I see now that it's just some occasional spawns that do the insane damage, and most don't. If you have some way to reliably make it happen, it still effectively counts for nothing, because again, any player can just spam turkeys and they'll get one in seconds anyways.

You're touting sheer efficiency like it matters, but you're talking a difference of seconds in something that's already an order of magnitude faster than anything else, all the while saying that it's gotten harder to use the thing that can still easily instakill anything that's not a Major Arkfall boss - and those are still dying in minuscule time even still. And yes, shooting you does also spawn turkeys too. That can be fixed. But in regards to the VS - if they fixed the Poultromancer today, you think you wouldn't have a dozen more people at Arkfalls just using that instead to the same effect? The lower rate of spawn doesn't matter at all when you're one-shotting crap - the time it takes you to get several spawns of Hellbugs on a mechanic with a 15 second cooldown is still leagues faster than actually killing something boss-level with the DPS of not-broken gear. You're not supposed to one-shot Inquisitors or Warmasters or anything like that.

I'll say I was wrong on the threshold thing, because I hadn't really been able to tell before that only some turkeys are busted. But everything else, you're arguing semantics on an issue with the same fix regardless of the nomenclature used - you fix the broken stuff.
    I'm not sure what your point is. Is it that if turkey gun was fixed (or removed), then everyone would switch to VS and it would be 99% as bad? Do I understand your point correctly?

If so, then I can only assume that you don't have a VS. I have one, and I can assure you that it's very far down the list of my most potent weapon in all but one occasion. In scenarios like a CC major/Hellbug major, pumpkin patch is definitely my #2 choice after TG. Number 3 is probably a top notch detonator with incendiary ammos. Against a war master (and most bosses) it's probably an m249, a bolt action rifle and/or a missile launcher of some kind. In winter solstice volge majors or volge siege, then it's again an electrical m249.

The only scenario where the VS really shine is the HH majors, when every mob were spawning in a single spot, and each shot of VS would hit about 12 mobs at a time, almost insuring a spawn every time. And you still need to time correctly, and aim correctly, which is not that easy the way this POS shoots up instead of shooting like a normal detonator.

The other reason that most people wouldn't switch to VS if TG disappeared tomorrow morning is simple: most people can't. TG was essentially handed to everyone at one time, but VS is still uncommon. It's probably the most commonly owned drop proto, but that's still minuscule compared to the number of TG.

Essentially, so long as there's something that'll one-shot, there'll be an issue, because enough people will use it at once to have similar effects as a host of people using turkeys. And yes, I do have a VS - just took this clip for the turkey thread yesterday: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/codemonkeysguy/video/69353787

I am seeing a lot of conflicting reports on the VS though, a lot of people are claiming it no longer one-shots, a lot of people claiming it never one-shot. Wondering if the behavior is platform-exclusive. But especially with the Gulanite change, you would be seeing a lot more VS's eventually. We had an Atomizer Py'Numbra yesterday on Xbox and quite a few people walked away with a brand new Atomizer. Saw a Vulcan and Gore Auger at the Ex Inanis Runner during the last few days too. Eventually, one of those will be a VS. People will be drowning in Protos before long now that most of the legwork for getting them has been removed. So if there's a busted one, people will get their hands on it.
    | 4998 Power | 1115 Pursuit Rating | 17/23 Prototypes | 1/66 Flawless Synergy Crystals |

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMonkeysGuy View Post
    Essentially, so long as there's something that'll one-shot, there'll be an issue, because enough people will use it at once to have similar effects as a host of people using turkeys. And yes, I do have a VS - just took this clip for the turkey thread yesterday: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/codemonkeysguy/video/69353787

I am seeing a lot of conflicting reports on the VS though, a lot of people are claiming it no longer one-shots, a lot of people claiming it never one-shot. Wondering if the behavior is platform-exclusive. But especially with the Gulanite change, you would be seeing a lot more VS's eventually. We had an Atomizer Py'Numbra yesterday on Xbox and quite a few people walked away with a brand new Atomizer. Saw a Vulcan and Gore Auger at the Ex Inanis Runner during the last few days too. Eventually, one of those will be a VS. People will be drowning in Protos before long now that most of the legwork for getting them has been removed. So if there's a busted one, people will get their hands on it.
    Still, I can do most of everything faster with something else than VS than with VS. Other than a huge bunch of mobs spawning in the same spot, I have a better option than VS.

In your clip, you got lucky that the skitterlings spawned on the first shot. It could have been on the 10th shot, and then your clip would be 2 minutes long instead of 13 seconds. I can kill a monarch faster than 2 minutes using most of my guns. If they spawn every shot then that is definitely a bug.

Skitterlings are kinda consistent IMO. It says it's a chance, devs say it's a chance, but I swear to god if I ever just switch to the VS after using another weapon, first shot every time. I usually have it equipped with Philanthropist on my Assault (for regening ammo) and I've seen it behave that way without fail. If I'm using it as a main weapon, yeah it can be awhile between spawns, but if I kind of let it "cooldown" it seems to spawn them first try every time.

There was actually a bit of pre-clip time. I missed the first shot, which ALSO spawned skitterlings first try, but the Monarch rolled away, so I just reloaded and jumped around for under a minute (just to shoot down the whole arbitrary two minute assumption). That's why the Monarch's health wasn't quite full. But then, first shot again after waiting a bit. Keep in mind, there's no such thing as random. I think the algorithm they use for "random" isn't anywhere close to it.

As I've said though, relative speed is irrelevant. It's broken, and likely to be fixed as a consequence. Very little conversation need happen beyond that.
    | 4998 Power | 1115 Pursuit Rating | 17/23 Prototypes | 1/66 Flawless Synergy Crystals |

+ Reply to Thread