Closed Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    So uh, can the same people that wanted the Turkey Gun nerfed...

    ...cry as loudly to get that Pumpkin gun dealt with as well? I mean, we can't have no-talent noobs running around spamming the place and getting kills right? I sure as heck am sick of it taking up the entire screen for the duration of a siege/Arkfall/etc....

    Anyways, would appreciate the bleeding hearts and tear jerkers making an appearance again for an equally good cause.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    The Poultromancer was bugged. The devs fixed it. The Pumpkin Patch is a different issue.

    Pumpkin Patch and a few other weapons, they need to add a toggle for others visual effects. It would lessen the blinding and screen rattling annoyance many are experiencing.

    Your comment about bleeding hearts and whatnot is unnecessary and inflammatory. People would likely back you more if you tried being less abrasive, just a thought.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixa View Post
    ...cry as loudly to get that Pumpkin gun dealt with as well? I mean, we can't have no-talent noobs running around spamming the place and getting kills right? I sure as heck am sick of it taking up the entire screen for the duration of a siege/Arkfall/etc....

    Anyways, would appreciate the bleeding hearts and tear jerkers making an appearance again for an equally good cause.

    Thanks.
    If you look at the forum a bit you'll see that people have been complaining about the vfx of the PP, the goliath, the soleptor detonator and the cluster bomb (demolitionist) from their inception.

    Was in a coop and some doofus kept using PP against raiders and against dekuyso. That clown was annoying AF. He finished with 12 kills and 7 downs.

  4. #4
    Member Ryu Soba JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,035
    I think the vfx and screen shake from the pumpkin patch can be a bit annoying. Especially in a coop. But as far as stats and bonuses go it’s fine.
    PS4/PTS/PC North America. PS3 Defiance Veteran, Founder of the Clan BLOODLINES. A PS Home Beta original. Musician and Gamer.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Soba JP View Post
    I think the vfx and screen shake from the pumpkin patch can be a bit annoying. Especially in a coop. But as far as stats and bonuses go it’s fine.
    You say the stats are fine but since the turkey gun got fixed have you not noticed more people have gone to using the pumpin patch. Thats usually a good sign that theres something wrong with a gun when everyone starts using it.

    And if protos arent supposed to be the best guns in the game then why does 95% of the people in game use nothign but protos?

  6. #6
    Member Guider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    It is a Mystery~
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakonroo View Post
    You say the stats are fine but since the turkey gun got fixed have you not noticed more people have gone to using the pumpin patch. Thats usually a good sign that theres something wrong with a gun when everyone starts using it.

    And if protos arent supposed to be the best guns in the game then why does 95% of the people in game use nothign but protos?
    I have heard that at certain points the pumpkin patch can apparently oneshot enemies *shrugs*

    Last I used it about a week ago or so, it didn't seem to do that. However the Pumpkin Patch is a great detonator due to the bonuses it has on the weapon + the combos possible with synergies...so it may be that...?

    Idk. It seems like it's in a good place, although the stat bug going around isn't helping things... :/

    Also, aside from the possible 1-shot, the gun has not changed since it released...from what I have noticed anyways. It could be just because of what it covers due to its stats, mastery bonuses, and the general effect of the weapon that just makes it a good candidate for loadouts.
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

  7. #7
    The difference between a weapon causing annoying VFX and screen shaking VS a weapon that can INSTANT KILL is massive. How can anyone compare?

    Pumpkin Patch is a good detonator and isn't really OP, it just works well with certain synergies imo. The VFX could do with a fix for sure. It's great for taking out mobs of hellbugs and works pretty well against Monarchs, never seen it instant kill but maybe that's because of the current weapon bugs in the game. Weapons are still broken.

    People complained about turkey not just for the fact that it takes 0 skill to shoot the ground and run in circles but more so for the fact that it could instant kill pretty much anything. The fix was urgently needed.

  8.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #8
    Community Manager Zyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    21
    'Sup.

    I also think that the "names" you called others was unnecessary, so I'll close this thread. If you wish to discuss this topic in a polite manner feel free to do this in a new thread.

    Much love,

    Z.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts