+ Reply to Thread

Could Pumpkin splash graphic be toned down a tad please?

Apologies for the brashness of my earlier post. I honestly meant it mostly tongue-in-cheek after all of the drama surrounding the Turkey Gun and was hoping maybe to enlist the same overwhelming anguish from the masses since apparently that's what it required to get a result. I actually miss the pre-nerf turkey gun-it made it possible to knock out dailies with one hand while reading a book with the other. =)

Anyways, I realize it has been posted a lot, but hey, how many posts did we have to see about the Turkey gun? Just please allow us to turn down the graphics of this obnoxious pumpkin gun. I don't care if people are running up scores. Video game scores aren't important to me. Just tone down that awful effect.

Anyways, sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. I was not aware that my sarcastic words could hurt.

Thank you!

An on/off toggle would be better than an actual reduction. I doubt users care much about the visual pollution.

Me, I'd hope for a muzzle flash reduction. Some guns have awful muzzle flash. Try zooming in while firing the LMG in the mutant challenge (Draw the line, I think?), or on a lot of automatic pistols. Literally seizure-inducing.
    | 4999 Power | 1150 Pursuit Rating | 22/23 Prototypes | 9/66 Flawless Synergy Crystals |

Quote Originally Posted by Nixa View Post
    Apologies for the brashness of my earlier post. I honestly meant it mostly tongue-in-cheek after all of the drama surrounding the Turkey Gun and was hoping maybe to enlist the same overwhelming anguish from the masses since apparently that's what it required to get a result. I actually miss the pre-nerf turkey gun-it made it possible to knock out dailies with one hand while reading a book with the other. =)

Anyways, I realize it has been posted a lot, but hey, how many posts did we have to see about the Turkey gun? Just please allow us to turn down the graphics of this obnoxious pumpkin gun. I don't care if people are running up scores. Video game scores aren't important to me. Just tone down that awful effect.

Anyways, sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. I was not aware that my sarcastic words could hurt.

Thank you!
    We have been asking for this for I dont know how long but for some reason it goes ignored. Whats worse is that the people who use it will continue to keep firing even when the enemies havent spawned yet. I could name a few on xbox eu but wont due to forums rules. Soon as i start seeing these people turn up i just go to the boss site and await the vendor to spawn. But this brings me back to a post a made before about protos, if they arent supposed to be the best guns then why do so many people continue to use nothing but protos? A very early livestream the devs stated they didnt want any single gun to be the go to gun for everyone. As it stands at the minute pretty much everyone spams this gun at arkfalls so it is out performing every other gun which the devs stated they didnt want.

And with the turkey gun if people had used the gun for only dailies and arenas it probably wouldnt have been fixed, even though it was broken it was the abuse of it at events and sieges that forced the fix along with hundreads of threads. I was one of those that was asking for fix but on numerous occasions as the devs and wuite a few people seemed to think nothing was wrong with gun even with video evidence.

I would rather have the option to turn on/off VFX on weapons altogether. It does not bother me too much, but I know there are some people who get negatively affected by all of the onscreen stuff (like detonators, cluster bombs, muzzle flash...).

As far as spamming Pumpkin Patch goes, I did the same during Hulker Hell. Not to annoy people, but just for the buff it can give (+2 damage dealt or -2% damage taken) and to help clear the major arkfall minor parts faster. I will not say everyone is doing that, but there might be some people that are doing that. Now if they are doing it AFTER the event is over and shooting Pumpkin Patch constantly at the vendor...completely different story.

Now usage of Protos...well, it could be in part due to the stat bug going on. Prototypes usually have higher base stats compared to other weapons (except for mostly legendaries), and with some stats being already higher/on par with legendaries... statistically speaking, prototypes would have an edge in some areas. Also damage wise, prototypes are the next best compared to legendary weapons with legendary ammo mods. Even a good purple ammo mod is barely above/on par with the prototype nano-effect boost. Now guns with legendary mods do perform better.

For Pumpkin Patch, it's just a good weapon by design altogether. Small clip size to help trigger the bonus nearly every reload-every other reload, cluster bombs for AOE effects, and the +2% damage dealt as well as -2% damage taken....the 10% damage reduction I can say has helped me survive in situation where I would have otherwise gotten downed; the 10% extra damage dealt... would give it a case to where it would be on par/slightly below detonators with legendary ammo mods. Since this one always has Cluster bombs...it might be more favorable to use Pumpkin Patch in most scenarios.
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMonkeysGuy View Post
    An on/off toggle would be better than an actual reduction. I doubt users care much about the visual pollution.

Me, I'd hope for a muzzle flash reduction. Some guns have awful muzzle flash. Try zooming in while firing the LMG in the mutant challenge (Draw the line, I think?), or on a lot of automatic pistols. Literally seizure-inducing.
    Lmgs with shock nano IS seizure inducing. The flash needs to be Eliminated, and replaced with muzzle fire that won't make your tv a disco ball.
    XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 3000)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 27xx)
    Clan: ogs

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Guider View Post
    I would rather have the option to turn on/off VFX on weapons altogether.
    This would be perfect.

a group needs to get together and follow a dev . with 4 pumpkin patches . and see how fast it gets fixed this thing is just as bad as the crime fighter in co ops maps if not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixa View Post

Thank you!
    This is a point. I like to use direct shot weapons like shotguns, pistols, rifles, but when I go closer I see nothing but chaos. I see you have thrown in these weapons and can't take them back, but explosions addicted should be discouraged, I thought with halved or no experience at all, same for instant-kill weapons.

They changed the vfx for close combat while no one asked anything, but won't do it for PP despite the consensus.

Just give us a switch so we can turn it off. Or an high/low switch. Anything, really.

Well the graphics are definitely the biggest pain in the neck, but as someone mentioned earlier, there must be something OP about this gun because everyone and their brother is using it in sieges and arkfalls to the point where you can't even SEE the ground to shoot anything. By the time the orange splashes are done, there's nothing left to shoot.

I distinctly recall people very upset with the Turkey Gun not just for the glitches and bugs but for the visual hardships as well as being able to slaughter with reckless abandon despite not having any skill.

I'm curious where those people upset with the latter went when it comes to the Pumpkin Patch.