+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: PVP and Clans

  1. #1

    PVP and Clans

    I've been hard playing for the last three moths on PS4, hours each day. I've been playing 2013 for quite some time, as many other fighting games. In facts i'm playing videogames since before most of people around here was born . I've been following chats while playing and gathered many of the complains going around.

    Here are my suggestion to make the people want to play (again) 2050:

    - INSTANT KILL weapons. Are most complained. Definitely should be discouraged, pumpkins and "poultries" are useful when you face 10 monarchs packs, but when you are running to shotgun and enemies disappear you really go angry. Guess you could solve the issue giving 0-exp 0-kill, so people use them only in real need

    - CLANS. The way they are now, they are most unuseful. Ok, you get some help from mates, some bonuses, but no real stuff. Unlike it is in many other games, there's no list of clans, no ranking, nor clans challenging each other in pvp. Not even a page in this forum for people to apply for recruitment. It's a shame this feature left undeveloped

    - PVP. Most of people (like me) do not enter PVPs because is just a matter of turkeys. I tried once, I faced a 5 skulls one, I gave up with pvp. In my personal opinion, pvp should follow different rules: a) standard weapons for everyone (rifles, lmgs, pistols, shotguns), same for everyone, same power, and let the best win, not the weapons. This would make it fair and interesting.

    I hope this lines can help you resurrect this gema, because in my opinion this is possibly the best of his kind and one of the best i've played in some decades of my gaming around

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Max It View Post
    - INSTANT KILL weapons. Are most complained. Definitely should be discouraged, pumpkins and "poultries" are useful when you face 10 monarchs packs, but when you are running to shotgun and enemies disappear you really go angry. Guess you could solve the issue giving 0-exp 0-kill, so people use them only in real need

    - CLANS. The way they are now, they are most unuseful. Ok, you get some help from mates, some bonuses, but no real stuff. Unlike it is in many other games, there's no list of clans, no ranking, nor clans challenging each other in pvp. Not even a page in this forum for people to apply for recruitment. It's a shame this feature left undeveloped

    - PVP. Most of people (like me) do not enter PVPs because is just a matter of turkeys. I tried once, I faced a 5 skulls one, I gave up with pvp. In my personal opinion, pvp should follow different rules: a) standard weapons for everyone (rifles, lmgs, pistols, shotguns), same for everyone, same power, and let the best win, not the weapons. This would make it fair and interesting.
    Currently there are no INSTA kill guns as the turkey, bonesaw and venom were all fixed. Any insta killing going on could be due to the current state of the weapons being broken. The only way to INSTA kill is with a current glitch/exploit which I've already reported and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

    I agree about clans. So much more could be done with clans for sure.

    PVP : Turkeys are no longer a problem, it's the shield glitchers destroying the game for everyone. Same culprits are cheating over and over with no system to report them. I could list a few names right now but that's against the rules obviously

  3. #3
    Member Alahali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Max It View Post
    I've been hard playing for the last three moths on PS4, hours each day. I've been playing 2013 for quite some time, as many other fighting games. In facts i'm playing videogames since before most of people around here was born . I've been following chats while playing and gathered many of the complains going around.

    Here are my suggestion to make the people want to play (again) 2050:

    - INSTANT KILL weapons. Are most complained. Definitely should be discouraged, pumpkins and "poultries" are useful when you face 10 monarchs packs, but when you are running to shotgun and enemies disappear you really go angry. Guess you could solve the issue giving 0-exp 0-kill, so people use them only in real need

    - CLANS. The way they are now, they are most unuseful. Ok, you get some help from mates, some bonuses, but no real stuff. Unlike it is in many other games, there's no list of clans, no ranking, nor clans challenging each other in pvp. Not even a page in this forum for people to apply for recruitment. It's a shame this feature left undeveloped

    - PVP. Most of people (like me) do not enter PVPs because is just a matter of turkeys. I tried once, I faced a 5 skulls one, I gave up with pvp. In my personal opinion, pvp should follow different rules: a) standard weapons for everyone (rifles, lmgs, pistols, shotguns), same for everyone, same power, and let the best win, not the weapons. This would make it fair and interesting.

    I hope this lines can help you resurrect this gema, because in my opinion this is possibly the best of his kind and one of the best i've played in some decades of my gaming around
    I always thought that the pvp is part of a whole and is not a main or relevant thing, and for that reason I stayed away from the toxicity only when making my contracts.
    I make this clarification because I also read the children's debates (very few for now) and I do not think it's a good idea a clan war, precisely because it generates resentment, I saw it in the original Defiance, the resentment generated "kicks" in expeditions and coops , some thefts through the "trades" and the endless and toxic chat fights.
    I agree on the point of prioritizing the technique over the weapon, as well as that the weapons are standard.

    ID: Alahali671 - PSN: Fingers865
    Leader in "Defiance Terminators" (Ps3) -"Terminators" (Ps4)
    Pwr: 5000 - Pursuit rating: 1575 - Flawless crystals: 58

  4. #4
    Member KevinVonBach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Slime Climb
    Posts
    2,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Peg View Post
    I agree about clans. So much more could be done with clans for sure.
    100% agreed, good sir! *applause*
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Show me a game from the same segment range that doesn’t lose its audience after 7 years of existence."
    Warframe: "Hold our beer."
    Imagine peddling bit store trash rather than fixing the game in 2020.

  5. #5
    I agree about clans. You can make clan bank where leader can spend clanmates donation for some bonuses. There is many things you can add in clan system.

  6. #6
    I said it before i'll say it again:
    PVP is the worst thing to ever come to gaming. Unless its a fighter or a mega war game like Battlefield or COD that are designed just for that there should be no PVP. It brings out the worst in players.
    Its just a reason for people to bully one another and think their better then other people.

    As for clans, yes more work needs done. Most games now-a-days are adding social hangout for clans where they can setup a base or something for everyone in it to meet and stuff. As big as the areas are in this you often seen spots that have no enemies, allowing clans to setup a base in these areas would fill the maps so they are not so, empty.

  7. #7
    I remember back in the begging of 2013 clans had nothing not even bonus then they brought in the clan rating and bonuses i lost a few people from that since nothing we did as a clan before counted for the lvs and lost some more to burnout trying to get the clan lv up for the bonuses . i agree clans need a lot more stuff to do together and bonuses but if it requires more lving please carry over all extra exp earned for it
    13th dragoons founder na
    one of defiance oldest clan
    ashes eu

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by vorxdargo View Post
    I said it before i'll say it again:
    PVP is the worst thing to ever come to gaming. Unless its a fighter or a mega war game like Battlefield or COD that are designed just for that there should be no PVP. It brings out the worst in players.
    Its just a reason for people to bully one another and think their better then other people.
    I really disagree with this statement! I mean I see your point but if this game (and many others) didn't have PVP you'd lose all competitive minded people. Some people enjoy PVP just as much as other people enjoy doing major arks or whatever.

    Yes it can bring out the worst in people but that's just part of it imo. Saying that, I rarely see any hate, name calling or anything after a PVP in 2050. The only times it can be bad is if there's a blatant cheater who destroys the game for all. Will they ever fix the shield glitch?

    I've had some great matches in PVP that have gone right to the last kill or to the last capture. It can be fun

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by vorxdargo View Post
    I said it before i'll say it again:
    PVP is the worst thing to ever come to gaming.
    i dunno ... i've been playing KILLZONE 2 for years and still crying for servers turned off

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Max It View Post
    i dunno ... i've been playing KILLZONE 2 for years and still crying for servers turned off
    Now I understand why your name is familiar! I remember seeing you and I also played Killzone 2 till the end

    I'm Pegesus (if you remember me haha)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts