+ Reply to Thread

The Madera Challenge Time Trial

This time trial needs either it’s time adjusted or the vehicle needs its shields to work properly. Just attempted this time trial and the car explodes no matter what enemy npc you hit. And yes, you will hit them because there are 5-6 emergencies lined in the path through just one section of the trial alone and the cars steering is worse than a kid driving bumper car. Then, after your car explodes you have to run until you can spawn it again making this race impossible.

I see 3 players supposedly have 1st place but the funny thing about that is these 3 players aren’t even real players! They don’t exist! I play the game daily. Morning, evenings, overnight and have never once seen any of these 3 players, ever. I can’t imagine they log on ONLY to play time trials. Makes me wonder if they are placeholders used to incite the “challenge”. (You should give me my tin foiled hat back)

If you don’t want to make any adjustments to the 2 madera time trials (yes the other one plays the same) or the paradise one which is just as bad then at least remove them from the Tarr rotation. Literally any other Time trial that no one wanted as a contract to begin with would be better than any of these 3.
    PS4/PTS/PC North America. PS3 Defiance Veteran, Founder of the Clan BLOODLINES. A PS Home Beta original. Musician and Gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Soba JP View Post
    This time trial needs either it’s time adjusted or the vehicle needs its shields to work properly. Just attempted this time trial and the car explodes no matter what enemy npc you hit. And yes, you will hit them because there are 5-6 emergencies lined in the path through just one section of the trial alone and the cars steering is worse than a kid driving bumper car. Then, after your car explodes you have to run until you can spawn it again making this race impossible.

I see 3 players supposedly have 1st place but the funny thing about that is these 3 players aren’t even real players! They don’t exist! I play the game daily. Morning, evenings, overnight and have never once seen any of these 3 players, ever. I can’t imagine they log on ONLY to play time trials. Makes me wonder if they are placeholders used to incite the “challenge”. (You should give me my tin foiled hat back)

If you don’t want to make any adjustments to the 2 madera time trials (yes the other one plays the same) or the paradise one which is just as bad then at least remove them from the Tarr rotation. Literally any other Time trial that no one wanted as a contract to begin with would be better than any of these 3.
    Arent the madera challenges made in cars?

I wish they'd give us no collision with enemies or unlimited health on the vehicles while in race. I've Gold awarded all 3 races but Madera Heat is a joke and badly needs to be adjusted, other 2 not so difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Soba JP View Post

Yes this race is a pain but very doable. You know the path of this race so go clear the emergencies from the path. I only clear the 2-3 on the finish straight, as these can be a pain to avoid. Its best if you get an objective emegency as you can just kill the enemies and leave the objective, this stops more enemies spawning. Boost as much as you can and if you think you are going to hit an enemy stop accelerating and slow down by tapping the hand brake, ive found this stops the instant demolition of your car. Also for a little bit more speed use recruit synergy if you have it.

The devs stated many many months back that in a livestream that they was changing Tarr Contracts as they know some cant do the time trials. Yet another lie from their part but hey ho.

Also you need to think is the 10 rep worse the trouble this race is giving you. If you cant do the race then dont do it. No point in wasting your time trying to get the 10 rep, its not like the rep vendors for tarr sell anything any good anyways.

And saying the people who have gold is a place holder is rubbish, I have got gold many times. The poeple on the leaderboards on Xbox One eu are players as i see and play with them everyday.

I made a post about these races about a month ago. This one can be finished but gold is impossible on the two near pow farms. Correct me if im wronge but I think that this is one of them. The times are bs, and if you run over a fly you explode. They really need to fix these two races. There is no fun factor in these at all. I wont even attempt them anymore. I've had great runs and not even get close to gold. I hope they fix these in the next update.
    CLAN: LEGENDARY GUNS

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDMCHICAGO View Post
    They really need to fix these two races. There is no fun factor in these at all. I wont even attempt them anymore. I've had great runs and not even get close to gold. I hope they fix these in the next update.
    This perfectly sums up my thoughts on those races.

And for a paltry 10 points of reputation per race? I'd sooner watch paint dry, to be honest.

I don't bother with any race challenges. Between shields being as strong as a wet paper bag and the track being too long for one lap, let alone 2, it just isn't worth it. Kudos to anyone who has the patience and skill to nail these.