+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Under 5k

Under 5k

I'm 4998 and am stuck, doesn t seem like i can get a 5k shield or grenade, iv e heard that the reputation vendors are my only hope to get 5k, is this even true? Has anyone gotten 5k shield or grenade from runner or py numbra while under 5k?

Quote Originally Posted by Kodakmoment View Post
    I'm 4998 and am stuck, doesn t seem like i can get a 5k shield or grenade, iv e heard that the reputation vendors are my only hope to get 5k, is this even true? Has anyone gotten 5k shield or grenade from runner or py numbra while under 5k?
    I got a 5k grenade with a runner. However, shields I have not bothered too much with those for awhile now...but it is likely the same chances as grenades as far as the Runner goes...
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

yeah i got a 5k grenade after an arkfall

Both shields and grenades can be rarely gotten from runner. I have had to trash many of both before that happened. Hate that....

4997 . the loot drops for 5k gear sucks.

I picked up a 5K Rebel Shield from the runner after a major.

Just need that 'nade now...

Quote Originally Posted by crazyged View Post
    I picked up a 5K Rebel Shield from the runner after a major.

Just need that 'nade now...
    I hope it was an oj.
    Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 46xx)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 30xx)
    Clan: ogs

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    I hope it was an oj.
    Indeed it was - best lucky purchase of the year for me.

Generally, I try to take a positive position towards the game, however...after 5 OJ shield purchases that were no where near 5k ( 1 was 4990) , I'm finding it harder to get excited when I see a runner offering legendary shields. So again, I scratch my head and think, if there is no trading and a player has reached 5k, what's the point of giving a 5k player anything other than 5k loot? Especially when you consider that trying to queue a T5 CO OP is regoshdamdiculous, so if the only benefit of being 5k means you can queue 5k co ops, then I might as well equip the 4990 Oj shield and take the pr hit.

Quote Originally Posted by RALTERMANN View Post
    Generally, I try to take a positive position towards the game, however...after 5 OJ shield purchases that were no where near 5k ( 1 was 4990) , I'm finding it harder to get excited when I see a runner offering legendary shields. So again, I scratch my head and think, if there is no trading and a player has reached 5k, what's the point of giving a 5k player anything other than 5k loot? Especially when you consider that trying to queue a T5 CO OP is regoshdamdiculous, so if the only benefit of being 5k means you can queue 5k co ops, then I might as well equip the 4990 Oj shield and take the pr hit.
    I have a 4996 OJ and a 4999 purple. 4996 OJ is a LOT better than 4999 purple, so my guess is it's also better than 5k purple. If I had a 5k purple, I would use it to get into t5, then immediately switch to my OJ. So it makes 0 sense to require 5k when you think about it.

That won't happen soon though. I've given up on that 5k shield. I bought over 76 shields from rep and opened at least 200 arkchests before they switched keys to gulanite (that's an estimation, but it's pretty close, 2 chest/day for multiple months). Never got a 5k. Now I'm blowing it all on synergy crystals, cause at least I'm getting something (mp or dust mostly), while before all I did was sell those ****ty shields for a few scripts.