+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can someone help me better understand enemy aggro?

I go to an arkfall shoot one enemy and now every bulwark in the game charges at me. I literally have a conga line of bulwarks chasing me. And the one enemy I DO shoot seems to go off somewhere else.

It's even worse with my 27xx alt she gets swarmed by all the bulwaks as well, and she is only a lvl 8 assault.

How does aggro work in this game? Never understood it in D13 either.

Thanks in advance for any info.
    Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 46xx)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 30xx)
    Clan: ogs

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

Must be because you're afk...

Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    Must be because you're afk...
    I’ve been seeing a lot of this lately. But let’s say this isn’t the case. My 5k character also seems to always aggro much of the enemies and all I have to do is run past them. My 4500 character seems to aggro the same. Run past and suddenly you’re being chased by the entire army of enemies. But I notice this most when I’m using what I consider high DPS weapons and correct ammo mods. If you’re doing a lot of damage to one enemy the others come after you. I don’t see this happen when there are other experienced players around though.
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

What's with the heavily damaged bulwarks...retreating and no longer taking damage, they get some kind of runaway synergy?

Quote Originally Posted by RALTERMANN View Post
    What's with the heavily damaged bulwarks...retreating and no longer taking damage, they get some kind of runaway synergy?
    Yea , I’ve seen this a lot . They never seem to run away when they outnumber me 10 to 1
    PSN : bucketmouthjohn

CLAN : Insomniac Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Stranger View Post
    They never seem to run away when they outnumber me 10 to 1
    10/10 can confirm

#TheAggroIsReal
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Why add content to either game when people routinely gamble on bit store trash? 4Head

10/10 can confirm: the aggro algorithm is super simple and I explained it earlier. Also gave a few pointers on how to manipulate it in most situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Soba JP View Post
    I’ve been seeing a lot of this lately. But let’s say this isn’t the case. My 5k character also seems to always aggro much of the enemies and all I have to do is run past them. My 4500 character seems to aggro the same. Run past and suddenly you’re being chased by the entire army of enemies. But I notice this most when I’m using what I consider high DPS weapons and correct ammo mods. If you’re doing a lot of damage to one enemy the others come after you. I don’t see this happen when there are other experienced players around though.
    That's what happens to me. I have to run around for about 2 minutes because if I stop I will get killed.

I was running a cosmic retaliator with 2/4 fusion mods active, and corrosive ammo. With that I can see drawing aggro. But I am using a blue burst fire smg ATM with zero mods. I run past an enemy, and the entire Armada comes right at me, all without firing a single shot. I notice i am drawing more aggo the higher my PR(just hit 4k).

And no ICantAim, I am not afk. I am always active in every arkfall I am in. And afk shouldn't draw aggro if you are 80meters away from the enemies.
    Xbox One

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Quote Originally Posted by RALTERMANN View Post
    They retreat when ever hey cross their range threshold. This is to stop players from dragging an enemy tomfar from arkfalls
    Xbox One

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    They retreat when ever hey cross their range threshold. This is to stop players from dragging an enemy tomfar from arkfalls
    Yeah I get that but what I've seen is a bulwark retreat when its heavily damaged, no where near the "threshold ". Thier life bar turns red and they take off running in the opposite direction.

+ Reply to Thread