+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Loving the Triple Majors...drops and rewards not so muc

It’s like a trip back to Real Defiance (pre-DLC) when there were choices to make about what to do at all times. Instead of every player at the same final and the constant shard jumping you have to decide whether to stick with a Major from the beginning, fast travel based on time remaining and number of other players or whatever criteria suits your style of play. Best of all even underpopulated Finals can be fun if everyone there plays a strategy.

Unlike other Events, however, rewards make little sense. Non-event items on the ground and in rewards, an Event box that costs previous Gulanite dropping non-Event items as well, and a continued poor drop RNG for 5K and close players where blue weapons, shields and grenades shouldn’t even be in the table. Without true reforging to up the rarity anything below orange is essentially vendor food, yet those Legendaries seem to drop almost never, and certainly at a rate far lower than Defiance.

It’s been a lot of fun. Vehicles are still broken beyond belief, other Prototypes like Tempest didn’t get any attention in terms of fixes, and Emergencies still serve no purpose. Loads of things still need attention but I’m happy we got some acknowledgement of the generally empty map that has plagued 2050 before this event.

Buy, sell, trade and socialize at the Hulker Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by clubside View Post
    It’s like a trip back to Real Defiance (pre-DLC) when there were choices to make about what to do at all times. Instead of every player at the same final and the constant shard jumping you have to decide whether to stick with a Major from the beginning, fast travel based on time remaining and number of other players or whatever criteria suits your style of play. Best of all even underpopulated Finals can be fun if everyone there plays a strategy.

Unlike other Events, however, rewards make little sense. Non-event items on the ground and in rewards, an Event box that costs previous Gulanite dropping non-Event items as well, and a continued poor drop RNG for 5K and close players where blue weapons, shields and grenades shouldn’t even be in the table. Without true reforging to up the rarity anything below orange is essentially vendor food, yet those Legendaries seem to drop almost never, and certainly at a rate far lower than Defiance.

It’s been a lot of fun. Vehicles are still broken beyond belief, other Prototypes like Tempest didn’t get any attention in terms of fixes, and Emergencies still serve no purpose. Loads of things still need attention but I’m happy we got some acknowledgement of the generally empty map that has plagued 2050 before this event.
    I hope they keep the spawn rate high after the event. So many hours have been wasted just waiting for majors or sieges to spawn.

When you say emergencies do you mean roadsides? These are a great way to earn raw gualanite. I agree with your statements otherwise, trions pay me or get nothing attitude is getting old. Even using bits doesnt ensure decent gear. Defiance 2050 should be called defiance stingy.
    IGN - David Irwin * PSN - cruxkilla *

And the sad thing is, this is the one event where event drop would really make sense. First time we need massive amount of synergy crystals and mods for the cosmic weapons. As it is, most of us will have so OJ cosmic weapons with normal mods. I'm not complaining about getting my OJ cosmic, but it would be great to get mods for them, even if some are blue.

I guess I’ll have to do some more checking David, but I only see raw gulanite rewards on some emergencies, and not every time. For most of them if you check system messages it says “Receiving rewards for...” and then nothing. Sometimes I get 1 gulanite from Volge, but not every time. Guess I’ll run 20 in a row and document what happens.

You’re right about that ICantAim. I’d hoped today’s update would have addressed Event Horizon drops but I didn’t notice any difference. On PS4 I already have my 1400 kills, and in that time a total of 7 cosmic mods. On Xbox One I only have 1100 kills and 6 cosmic mods. I’ve burned through all my gulanite multiple times, picked everything up off the ground as I spotted it, yet the 2 boxes we got today plus one legendary I got “naturally” remain wholly unmodded.

The most ridiculous thing is 12 gulanite without a guarantee of an event item. I really need a blue grenade 60 below my current Power Level. There should be a no gulanite Event Box with guaranteed Event item with better RNG, and the 12 gulanite one should also be guaranteed Event but better RNG. And lower the shield and grenade chances in both those boxes.

Buy, sell, trade and socialize at the Hulker Cafe

Running emergencies does net you a gain in Gulanite. You get between 1-4 gulanite fragments or shards per named roadside emergencies. once you reach 10 Gulanite fragments they convert into 1 Raw Gulanite. I can usually spend about a half hour and net 4-5 raw gulanite to work with claiming boxes from runners at arkfalls. Even the standard 1 raw gulanite box from a runner has the rare chance of dropping something good.

Also note that by running all sorts of stuff in world like emergencies tends to net more power for your guild. Look into the guild a bit to see what each of those can do to help you out in the long run.

Little things do add up to great things if one is patient.
    Quoting Crasher; "You're really not even trying, anymore."

Really lad it is just a lack of consideration and communication as always. In the larger scheme of things their customers do not matter.

Vehicles are still broken beyond belief
    Makes me sad every time I spawn my Soleptor Durango, and it doesn't have the rumble I remember it had in D13. It's as quiet as a skateboard, and has about as much durability.

#MakeVehiclesFunAgain
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.

Why do you guys need to farm raw gulanite? They give you that crap at every turn. I keep wasting mine on the 0PG caches that gives blue crap or I overflow with it.

Well I run a lot of arkfalls and would at least like to collect standard crates as well so I burn through a ton of Raw G.
    Quoting Crasher; "You're really not even trying, anymore."

Really lad it is just a lack of consideration and communication as always. In the larger scheme of things their customers do not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    And the sad thing is, this is the one event where event drop would really make sense. First time we need massive amount of synergy crystals and mods for the cosmic weapons. As it is, most of us will have so OJ cosmic weapons with normal mods. I'm not complaining about getting my OJ cosmic, but it would be great to get mods for them, even if some are blue.
    I have to agree--just started a new thread with the following:

V/r As usual, the Event RNG has major issues, viz., MODS! Trying to get/find MODS in this event and be able to MOD the Cosmic weapons really is a joke. Some of these weapons are SWEET, however, NOT being able to MOD them makes them worthless!

In previous events, one would be able to chase Minor Event Arkfalls and be able to get all sorts of MODS for their Event weapons--BUT not now! Why is that? Why aren't MODS dropping? Why are you all making it virtually impossible to MOD our event weapons?

V/r It is obvious that you DEV's haven't learned the lessons of the past! Get real guys--learn from the past--FIX the LACK OF EVENT MOD DROPS/ISSUES!!

V/R
    GPA

+ Reply to Thread