+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove old syn, its possible? Defiance Classic (D13)

Hello defiance team, I would like to put a question to the developers about the old syn, if there is any way to remove it to help the server, I believe this would help a lot. There are a lot of old syn that they do not even use for years. I see that the server is heavily loaded with old information that could be deleted, this could help to have less lag I think, from my experience and conversation with other game developers.

Here is a list of syn that no one else is using:

*Assassin;
    *Brutal;
    *Cannoneer;
    *Ego Precision;
    *Grenadier;
    *Hard Boiled;
    *Machinist;
    *Nano Executioner;
    *Nano Mastery;
    *Outlaw;
    *Prepared;
    *Quartermaster;
    *Rolling thunder;
    *Run n Gun;
    *Scavenger;
    *Stalker;
    *Survivalist;
    *Veteran;

These are some of the old syn that are no longer used, some do not have Jp. They could then replace the vendor with other syn that are currently in use.

What do you think of this idea?
    everyone who has played defiance can comment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dehcwb Head Hunter View Post
    Hello defiance team, I would like to put a question to the developers about the old syn, if there is any way to remove it to help the server, I believe this would help a lot. There are a lot of old syn that they do not even use for years. I see that the server is heavily loaded with old information that could be deleted, this could help to have less lag I think, from my experience and conversation with other game developers.

Here is a list of syn that no one else is using:

*Assassin;
    *Brutal;
    *Cannoneer;
    *Ego Precision;
    *Grenadier;
    *Hard Boiled;
    *Machinist;
    *Nano Executioner;
    *Nano Mastery;
    *Outlaw;
    *Prepared;
    *Quartermaster;
    *Rolling thunder;
    *Run n Gun;
    *Scavenger;
    *Stalker;
    *Survivalist;
    *Veteran;

These are some of the old syn that are no longer used, some do not have Jp. They could then replace the vendor with other syn that are currently in use.

What do you think of this idea?
    everyone who has played defiance can comment on it.
    I've been playing Def'50 for months, but just out of curiosity I'd like to know what idea you have about jps (always thinking of collectors)

Id: Alahali671 (ps3 - ps4)
    Psn Fingers865
    Clan: "Defiance Terminators ps3 - Terminators ps4"

(The sig-tag is another creation of Tau)

Quote Originally Posted by Alahali View Post
    I've been playing Def'50 for months, but just out of curiosity I'd like to know what idea you have about jps (always thinking of collectors)

Well, the weapons would not be removed, only the mods. Note that only the syn assassin and cannoneer has jp available in the numbra. Maybe it would give to arrange a vendor and put the sale of mods by gulanite, as is done with the other syn. See that the other syn do not have jp, only those that are in the vendors as prepared and another. My idea would be to disable these syn because they are disturbing in the game since you can not get them anywhere and this discourages anyone who already has a jp of this syn.
    In vendors' places like syn prepared, scavenger and some other, would put another syn so they could buy jp or mods with reputation, as already done in these syn mentioned above.

To be clear, these syn do not make any money. Nobody spends gulanite or reputation to buy such weapons syn, I would not buy myself. So I think these syn are only making weight on the server, there is no progress and no logical screens available. For example, between a dyn and a jp weapon, many would buy a dyn and leave out jp, depending on the syn, this is not at all. So I believe that with this removal would bring more players to the game and make the contracts that are made available, including buying the patron pass. That would be a big step for the game and for us players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dehcwb Head Hunter View Post
    Well, the weapons would not be removed, only the mods. Note that only the syn assassin and cannoneer has jp available in the numbra. Maybe it would give to arrange a vendor and put the sale of mods by gulanite, as is done with the other syn. See that the other syn do not have jp, only those that are in the vendors as prepared and another. My idea would be to disable these syn because they are disturbing in the game since you can not get them anywhere and this discourages anyone who already has a jp of this syn.
    In vendors' places like syn prepared, scavenger and some other, would put another syn so they could buy jp or mods with reputation, as already done in these syn mentioned above.

To be clear, these syn do not make any money. Nobody spends gulanite or reputation to buy such weapons syn, I would not buy myself. So I think these syn are only making weight on the server, there is no progress and no logical screens available. For example, between a dyn and a jp weapon, many would buy a dyn and leave out jp, depending on the syn, this is not at all. So I believe that with this removal would bring more players to the game and make the contracts that are made available, including buying the patron pass. That would be a big step for the game and for us players.
    You brought to my mind weapons that I used when I was noob and I felt for those times "very important" lol, Karma (rolling thunder) loved his crit and Dawn's ligth (cannoneer).
    Hopefully the answer you get is proportional to your optimism, even today Defiance is still an interesting game.

Id: Alahali671 (ps3 - ps4)
    Psn Fingers865
    Clan: "Defiance Terminators ps3 - Terminators ps4"

(The sig-tag is another creation of Tau)

Idk about it helping with lag but I agree, keycode lockboxes are completely useless 99.9% of the time (cept occasional forge), and it makes expos at high tier feel like a complete waste of time when you get t4 or 5s with a standard synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alahali View Post
    You brought to my mind weapons that I used when I was noob and I felt for those times "very important" lol, Karma (rolling thunder) loved his crit and Dawn's ligth (cannoneer).
    Hopefully the answer you get is proportional to your optimism, even today Defiance is still an interesting game.

Yes, I used those weapons Lol. My question would be how the game is just moving forward, maybe it's time to leave those syn to back and bring new syn to the vendors. It is a good idea and I believe that many players agree with this, everyone will win, including gamigo. Today you buy the patron and do not use it for anything just to add ark forge and gain gulanite. Now changing the vendors and changing syn as per week is done in the numbra, this would motivate the players to have the patron.
    Not exactly just jp, could put shields and mods as well.

Totally agree, vanilla syns are totally obsolete (even some from old events too) and should be removed.

Defiance: IGN: s1cKb0y - EGO: 6000 - PC NA - CLAN: REQUIEM - Founder
    Defiance 2050: IGN: s1cKb0y - EGO: 50 PR: 4993 - PC NA - CLAN: Chaos Crew - Officer
    https://www.twitch.tv/llls1ckb0ylll

Why? Who cares about them? Some use them some don't just
    update not remove.
    "It's my disaster friend, not yours."
    "If this isn't a mess, it'll do till one gets here."
    This is TRION here endith the Lesson.
    How do you say Trion in German? Gamigo

Thanks Tauriiel 6x6k

I would say, a bolt action repeater assassin can be a very nice sniper hitting even 7.0x crit multiplier, same for sawed off shotguns with reload syn, with help of cyberrig they can reload 0.5 sec

Quote Originally Posted by fm0987 View Post
    Idk about it helping with lag but I agree, keycode lockboxes are completely useless 99.9% of the time (cept occasional forge), and it makes expos at high tier feel like a complete waste of time when you get t4 or 5s with a standard synergy.

The removal of syn would help the server to work free, with less instability. There is a lot of information accumulated on the server causing bugs and dc. When you have to identify a bug, you first need to find the line of this bug, imagine how many lines there are to review and you fix a bug. Maybe some of this syn mentioned are causing bugs on the server and as old syn is not worth checking. Note also that the servers are more loaded than years ago.