+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Time for something New - a suggestion

I'm sure this has been kicked around in the past by dev's and suggested on a livestream, however, I'd like to put it forth again.

After EH ends, we'll go back to the same 'old' routine. For many, we may take a break from 2050 or cut down our participation. In an attempt to spruce up and liven Paradise up a little... I'd like to mix that up a bit.

I'm also thinking of a way to not instantly devalue all the incomplete cosmic guns or the synergy mods instantly being vendored that didn't fit anywhere. I'd hate to have to hold onto them for a year, with no certainty the same synergy would appear again. So what if... (more on this BELOW)

I'd like to see, every day, a few of the Special Event arkfalls get integrated into the normal cycle of major arkfalls. Just a few each day. Keep them on the rare side, maybe one of each type every day, randomized so if you play at the same time each day you don't see the same one every day. Maybe a few more so even casual players have a chance to participate every day. This could add a bit of variety and excitement for friends to find and call out to guild and friends, shouted out in zone when they show up, a change of pace from the normal routine.

We could add in a new Ark Hunter Bounty daily quest tied to this. Complete one Special Event arkfall a day for 12 PG and some AHB rep. Or tie it to Paradise rep so everyone has a chance to earn Paradise rep between events if they wish to. Some days we may never complete this... since it completely depends on being logged in, hearing of it, and getting to participate in one. If you've an expansive friends list, pay attention to guild and zone chat, you improve your chance of finding one every day.

I'm also thinking of a way to have the Cosmic guns (which will likely remain incomplete) and the stray mods in search of a gun... to have some value after the event ends. If the daily EH major arkfall had the EH caches available in them... this would allow people (should they choose) to save up. Maybe once a week if ark hunters are lucky or persistant, they get to an EH event and can take a few more shots at getting EH mods and guns (blue-oj, not Primes) (also not so much interest in shield/grenades personally).

If EH's PG for cache system is implemented in future special event arkfalls... then this could extend to having those event guns/mods retaining some value... instead of instantly being purged from player's inventories.

Honestly... I think ark hunters who participated in Event Horizon would like to know before the event ends... if they should keep their guns and mods... in anticipation of this new rotation of major arkfalls which could be coming to Paradise sometime in the next month or two (since I'm assuming there needs to be some programming time to set this up to run smoothly).

Ten days left, devs, before players cut out all the cosmic gear they see no use for (if not much sooner for some). I'd like to hear a reply if you think this is viable and if Gamigo sees any interest in pursuing this.

Ark Hunters... lets hear from you... does this have any interest and value to you?

2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarran View Post
    I'm sure this has been kicked around in the past by dev's and suggested on a livestream, however, I'd like to put it forth again.

After EH ends, we'll go back to the same 'old' routine. For many, we may take a break from 2050 or cut down our participation. In an attempt to spruce up and liven Paradise up a little... I'd like to mix that up a bit.

I'm also thinking of a way to not instantly devalue all the incomplete cosmic guns or the synergy mods instantly being vendored that didn't fit anywhere. I'd hate to have to hold onto them for a year, with no certainty the same synergy would appear again. So what if... (more on this BELOW)

I'd like to see, every day, a few of the Special Event arkfalls get integrated into the normal cycle of major arkfalls. Just a few each day. Keep them on the rare side, maybe one of each type every day, randomized so if you play at the same time each day you don't see the same one every day. Maybe a few more so even casual players have a chance to participate every day. This could add a bit of variety and excitement for friends to find and call out to guild and friends, shouted out in zone when they show up, a change of pace from the normal routine.

We could add in a new Ark Hunter Bounty daily quest tied to this. Complete one Special Event arkfall a day for 12 PG and some AHB rep. Or tie it to Paradise rep so everyone has a chance to earn Paradise rep between events if they wish to. Some days we may never complete this... since it completely depends on being logged in, hearing of it, and getting to participate in one. If you've an expansive friends list, pay attention to guild and zone chat, you improve your chance of finding one every day.

I'm also thinking of a way to have the Cosmic guns (which will likely remain incomplete) and the stray mods in search of a gun... to have some value after the event ends. If the daily EH major arkfall had the EH caches available in them... this would allow people (should they choose) to save up. Maybe once a week if ark hunters are lucky or persistant, they get to an EH event and can take a few more shots at getting EH mods and guns (blue-oj, not Primes) (also not so much interest in shield/grenades personally).

If EH's PG for cache system is implemented in future special event arkfalls... then this could extend to having those event guns/mods retaining some value... instead of instantly being purged from player's inventories.

Honestly... I think ark hunters who participated in Event Horizon would like to know before the event ends... if they should keep their guns and mods... in anticipation of this new rotation of major arkfalls which could be coming to Paradise sometime in the next month or two (since I'm assuming there needs to be some programming time to set this up to run smoothly).

Ten days left, devs, before players cut out all the cosmic gear they see no use for (if not much sooner for some). I'd like to hear a reply if you think this is viable and if Gamigo sees any interest in pursuing this.

Ark Hunters... lets hear from you... does this have any interest and value to you?
    Yes please
    ♪Evanescence - My Immortal | My Heart Is Broken♪

Defiance 2050:

PS4-NA
    IGN: Kuraokami
    Primary: Voidrunner
    Secondary: M212 Demon
    Class: Assault
    Title: Cosmonaut

The Elder Scrolls Online:

PS4-NA
    IGN: Izuminokami
    Class: Sorcerer
    Title: Stormproof
    Alliance: Aldmeri Dominion
    Race: Breton
    Role: Magicka DPS

They've finally introduced rarity into the game, which defiance needs. I think adding synergies back to guns is a step in the right direction but without trading or some other way of getting mods/crystals after the event ends it's a broken mechanic.

I think your idea is a good solution to the problem...I think there's better solutions but ...well, you know.

Really +100%

Yes very good idea. Keep some extra flavor to add in the grind. Also good to try and keep the interest in these weapons.
    Nothing more satisfying than to light up a midget who is using a flamethrower and watch him burn

I agree I like the idea and I like the old defiance feel to this event kudos to you for writing a post that isn’t some angry players rant and worth the read I hope they consider ur idea have a good day
    Founder of Devils of NJ clan
    Shawn themadog 5k pr
    PS4 NA

Some good ideas . I don’t think they will be implemented though .
    The math is too hard I think lmao
    PSN : bucketmouthjohn

CLAN : Insomniac Hunters

At a minimum they could sell cosmic mods and quassar synergy crystals at the paradise vendor. I would definitely have prefered mods/crystals of my choosing over the crappy nexus. Even if just blue/cut ones. The whole thing is just ridiculous. So far I have:
    1 prime cosmic hp9, one shotgun mod
    2 OJ cosmic sniper and 1 OJ cosmic pistol, with 4 high-caliber mods, 2 of them being magazines
    1 OJ cosmic SMG with 2 mid-caliber mods

I might have a chance to finish one high-caliber weapon. Maybe. The hp9 is most probably gonna get scrapped, because as it is, a purple fragger is better, even if the prime is 10 stars OJ.

The synergy crystals are also mostly useless. Switching flawless or polished for cut takes away too much mp, so you go back a level or 2. I'm not sure how many people have flawless or polished, but I believe this is minimal at best, so just about anyone will only have level 1 or 2 quassar.

The paradox shields are totally, completely ridiculous. Tachyon and respark are just plain stupid to use; if you expect some quantum stuff to come your way, don't use that, especially tachyon. If you compare a paradox rebel or armor to an invigorated (+hp) or whatever gives +armor, then you forfeit a 33% bonus to your hp/armor for a 10% protection on quantum. So even against quantum you're losing out. Wtf would anyone use that????

The sticky grenades might be the only stuff that can be good on their own. They definitely have both pros and cons, but I look forward to trying mine on a monolith's leg.

I'll support any idea that could reasonably allow people to complete the synergies on their weapons.

While I like the fact that they brought weapon synergies back, it's really frustrating at the same time because the cosmic mod drop rate is so low, and because this completely contradicts their explicit statements at 2050's launch that weapon synergies, if introduced, would not be the same as in D13 - which was their justification for giving us much less inventory space. Now I have some event mods that don't match the weapon type of my best cosmic weapons that I can't trade away and am hesitant to break down incase EH comes back in the future...

It'd help tremendously if we could trade mods. ONLY mods. I understand the complications with trading weapons/shields/grenades due to the power rating system, but now that mods don't have a power rating associated to them and their bonuses are instead a function of their rarity, it might be worth it for the devs to take a look at introducing trading just for mods.
    IGN: Krapping Koala --- Platform: PC/NA --- Clan: Zodiac Defiance

Arkfall Adrenaline In Era's Timeline, ( 2050 Universal), Planet Ark Universal/Map Is The Timeline Of The Show Without Ark Tech, (Residing Within The Era, An Ark Hunter Organization Without Assets), until Transports From Planet Ascension, (The Second Of Three Universals/Planets/Maps, Planet D13, But Fast Forwarded By Thousands Of Defiance Universal Years), landed in Silicon Valley, Supplying Ark Universal with Ark Gears and Matrix Synergy, who continues to Support Ark Universal.

Ark Belts across Defiance Universal, currently, hasn't been Upgraded by the Ark Hunter Association, so nevertheless truthing together insinuations, Ark Hunters Pulling too many Major Arkfalls into our Orbit compositing, will cause the Gravitational Core/Ark Belts in Exploring into Meltdown.

Now, let's say the worst monopoly. Ark Travelers falling in Temporary defeat, infinity 10, 20, sometimes 30 Minutes (Max) to be Revive, or that Ark Hunter will be Permanently defeated, and will be loaded back to Create A New Character, or can Select another Character temporarily Cold Sleeping.

Temporary Chain Reaction, Deactivation Of Regional Ark Belts, Major Arkfalls, Regional Seiges, And Major Incursion Of All Classes will be able to Rank/Ego/Level To 5000, Retain Rarity Lost Ranks/Levels, Ranking Transformations, Ark Battle Wave Transformations, since it's Limit Breaker's been deactivated. Have you been to Major Arkfalls, Regional Seiges, And Major Incursions that Disappeared after Request's Time Expired? Alot Of Ark Travelers K-Tam Radio, it had to be a bug, (which meant by disappearing all the above Leveled Up, and will pay Ark Chasers a visit later), so The Second Understanding Within Defiance Universal, Let The Ark Hunter Association Create Cover Stories, (far and wide on Planet Ark Universal), and Tea Break In Silence, and gently, rightly so. Defiance Universal's Open World.

Arkfall's Eclipse Mist already present, Blending, would Light The Match Of An Arkfall Storm, one already brewing far off the Coast nearing the Frontiers. Major Arkfalls, Seiges, And Regional Major's Incursions, once Time Expires, each, or all three Transform, (Ranking), Expanding, Instead Of Disappearing.Those That Force Entry Into Planet Ark Universal's Gravity, Lands Equipped With A Shield Generator, meaning an Arkfall Eclipse Is Amassing For Conquest On The Ark, which means Ark Civilians/Arkfall's World Npc Association will be caught in the middle.

All Regional Capitals, (with Regional Ark Belts disabled, in need of Repairs), Ark Universal Opposition's Base Of Operations, whom may have an Interest In An Ark Capital, will moblize their Campaign. Ark Travelers Choosing A Region To Protect, Can Then Register The're Ark Profession, Unlocking Regional Skills And Abilities, Assistant To Protecting/Upgrading Ark Capitals And Regions, according to the Regional Role Adventures Selected, Registering.

(And That's Only The Beginning Of The Ark Hunter Association's problem, in Defiance Universal/in the Game)

As Events On The Ground, (in Ark Universal), Metropolitan, Defiance Headquarters Universal's Amassing To Fan Out, So To Be Contenders, When Conductor Of Water Temple Shrine Decree, Water Temple's Century Challenge To Fulfill The Vacancy, Of An Ark Keeper Born..., awaiting on the 15th Floor In Tower Of Mirrors, Conceals Decisions To Make, Expanding From Ark Gears, Ark Tech, An Uncharted Sub Class, a taste of so forth awaiting, needed for Distant Anomalies Brewing Ark Horizons, such as Ark Breakers Pulling more Arkfall Eclipses within Orbit Gravitating, On Rank Level One Ark Belt's Capacity, Until Ark Professions Representing The Ark Hunter Organization Upgrade's Regional Ark Belts To Rank Level Two.

The Bounty Office Headquarter In Bloodbath, To Be Relevant In The Business, Terms Of Agreements Suffice A Presence Of Open World's Experience. Bounty Office Organization's, (in Defiance Universal), model isn't a Daily Consideration for The Visiting Imaginative, Stamina 5 Minutes For Reward's Accumulation, something many Ark Travelers been renewing, only to reuse Daily Accumulation For Their Campaigns At The Ark Grand Hall, (attempting to rewrite Regional Development In Defiance Universal), During Topic Of Discussion, and For past 5 Arkfall Years, Offline Imaginative Collectors, (78.1 Ark Hunters), Used Accumulation Against The Ark Grand Hall In Sour Foot Fashion, so Associations, Organizations, Arkfall Industries, Faction Industrials, Business Auditoriums, And Ark Universal Official's beginning to move away from Ark Hunters looking for a Daily visit, with Quest Hall also Upgrading Their Client's Daily Priorities.

(Departing Thoughtfulness)

I noticed your Defiance Universal Dream's Centerpiece, has arrived kneeling, gently, before unnecessary boredom...., and haven't visual literature of you Adventuring Deeper In Defiance Universal, based on what Thoughtfulness divided, meaning though you're Adventuring/Playing Defiance Universal, Gameplay's Not Adventuring/Playing Defiance Universal, Expanding Meaning, Adventure's bypassing Universal Unique Eventings...., so i wish to proposal a humble question...........,

Have You, Your Associates, And The Clan Organization You've Alliance Ever Worked For An Ark Region/A Defiance Universal Region, Unlocking Planet Ark Universal's Economics/Economy?, where your True 2050 Universal Adventure Ascension?

(Sip Some Tea Enjoying Great Conversions)

+ Reply to Thread