+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Devlin View Post
    we all goof up mate. as far as i can see....nuffin to see here...move along

Quote Originally Posted by Burner247 View Post
    Respect to you Smurf. It takes a man to admit when they make a mistake. Well done.
    Thanks. =)
    Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 46xx)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 30xx)
    Clan: ogs

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    You guys are getting upset for nothing. Being here since the beginning has taught me this about defiance, there are NO exclusives. Those who buy the bundles are paying for early access. Everything eventually makes it in to the game for free to play players. The last example I can think of is the guided rocket calamity. There are a few Black Friday items that are rare but, those are a gamble, but still obtainable in game through trading.
    I've spent money in the game but I've acquired most of my rare items through trading. Bummer for 2050....
    Maybe this was the real reason for no trading?
    Xbox One

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    I think part of it was simply, player end-game gearing became a marketplace outside of their control. If you wanted something, playing the game was less intuitive than just buying it from someone that had it. Part of that was because there was simply SO MUCH when you considered the loot system as a whole. Actually trying for something specific yourself (from the game, from boxes, etc.) made infinitely less sense than selling what you did get happenstance, and just buying what you wanted with the otherwise-useless scrip. Which is fairly standard for MMO economies, but may not have been what they wanted with the business model they tried to do.

Speculation on my part though. We'll never know the real reason.
    | 4999 Power | 1285 Pursuit Rating | 27/31 Prototypes | 12/96 Flawless Synergy Crystals |

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMonkeysGuy View Post
    I think part of it was simply, player end-game gearing became a marketplace outside of their control. If you wanted something, playing the game was less intuitive than just buying it from someone that had it. Part of that was because there was simply SO MUCH when you considered the loot system as a whole. Actually trying for something specific yourself (from the game, from boxes, etc.) made infinitely less sense than selling what you did get happenstance, and just buying what you wanted with the otherwise-useless scrip. Which is fairly standard for MMO economies, but may not have been what they wanted with the business model they tried to do.

Speculation on my part though. We'll never know the real reason.
    Not a bad hypothesis.
    Xbox One

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    Defiance is a social game. Part of the fun of the original defiance was showing off your gear. Which leads to keeping up with the Jones's.Trading was where you let your buddy try the cool gun you had. If he wasnt granted the rare drop and still wanted one he could buy boxes or trade for it. If the person trading wanted scrip only, my buddy could buy forge and sell it for scrip. All of this can and did generate traffic to the store. The black Friday boxes where probably their biggest seller ever. Those jp are always going to get traded, so buy no means did this translate as a loss to trion. Business was booming, population was high, and it was fun!

To me, if I play 2050 I'm sending the wrong signal. Which is, I'll start over and play a lesser version just to do it on my next gen because I'm too lazy to turn on my 360. Going next gen should have been un upgrade. If you stop playing 2050 and return to the original, which is a much richer and more enjoyable version. We might get the game that was enjoyed by the masses at it's peak on next gen instead this hacked up half of a game.

In my opinion the original is a better model and I enjoy it much more. In 2050 I'm still bound to the infamously horribly weighted RNG. If I get nothing I like, why continue? Trading is a must.

Defiance is a social game. Part of the fun of the original defiance was showing off your gear. Which leads to keeping up with the Jones's.Trading was where you let your buddy try the cool gun you had. If he wasnt granted the rare drop and still wanted one he could buy boxes or trade for it. If the person trading wanted scrip only, my buddy could buy forge and sell it for scrip. All of this can and did generate traffic to the store. The black Friday boxes where probably their biggest seller ever. Those jp are always going to get traded, so buy no means did this translate as a loss to trion. Business was booming, population was high, and it was fun!

To me, if I play 2050 I'm sending the wrong signal. Which is, I'll start over and play a lesser version just to do it on my next gen because I'm too lazy to turn on my 360. Going next gen should have been un upgrade. If you stop playing 2050 and return to the original, which is a much richer and more enjoyable version. We might get the game that was enjoyed by the masses at it's peak on next gen instead this hacked up half of a game.

In my opinion the original is a better model and I enjoy it much more. In 2050 I'm still bound to the infamously horribly weighted RNG. If I get nothing I like, why continue? Trading is a must.
    Defiance was buy to play, that transitioned intima f2p ga!e. . D50 was built as a f2p model. Sad to see it like this, and I wish it were different, but its the version we got. Should this mean we need less? No! But its the version we have, and its to!get more money, or try to double dip from players whom play both.
    Xbox One

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA

As I said in other posts, it is definitely a shameful and arbitrary decision.
    I would not mind if a player had an "exclusive" weapon because I've decided to invest in it, as has happened with Defiance'13 weapons such as Supernova, Abbadon's touch, Great Pumpkin, Apocalypse to name a few.
    The incorrect thing is that those who did not decide to buy the bundle have their incomplete pursuit, invites to think that in the future these differences will happen again between those who can (want) and those who can (want) not .
    Of course I know that a free game that needs to be solved also, but that does not imply affecting the purpose of the game.

Imo, I do not think there are any sensitivities if Voidrunner ever appears in Py Numbra or the Commander even in the Paradise Vendor, since those who invested their money received in addition to the weapon have received other items of exclusivity.

ID: Alahali671 - PSN: Fingers865
    Leader in "Defiance Terminators" (Ps3) -"Terminators" (Ps4)
    Pwr: 5000 - Pursuit rating: 1535 - Flawless crystals: 56

In 2050 I'm still bound to the infamously horribly weighted RNG. If I get nothing I like, why continue? Trading is a must.
    This is where I currently stand on 2050... I'm just not enjoying it as much as I did the original, almost a year after 2050 launched.

Well... at least Red Dead Online finally got itself out of beta stage, and there's always Dead by Daylight.

*shrug*
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.

I agree with you I spend more than 50.00 hours on Boosts for myself and my clan every month. It's completely unfair for them to charge for this weapon. Ive stuck with defiance for a very long time and I really do not like this practice.

Edit: forgot to wait 30 sec before hitting submit. Apology noted.

+ Reply to Thread