+ Reply to Thread

Starfall Prophecy weekly quest is auto-completed on login

I heard from a clanmate within the first 15 minutes after reset that Destromathe was aware of this issue.
    Upon looking at the post and the lack of a bug report about it... I felt, perhaps, I have a lead on how Starfall Prophecy's auto-completion may have gotten bugged.

First, I was on my 2nd account character, Ravynna, finishing her Sunday daily/weeklies Before the daily reset, and she has the Starfall Prophecy counter working fine. I logged off of her a minute or two before the daily reset, to begin working on my main.

When I logged in on my main, Babydoll, it was during the 5 minute period between 12:00 (noon) and 12:05 when all quests are shut off, before the daily reset kicks in. Starfall Prophecy was auto completed when I looked at it 5-10 minutes after logging in. This same problem has affected others in my clan who logged in during the same time period.

Then about 2-3 hours into the Starfall event (after weekly reset) I logged in an alternate character on my main account, Bloody Natasha. The Starfall Prophecy quest was fine for her... started earning Starfall shards from completing a few majors.

Perhaps... wild guess here, the pursuit is bugging due to coinciding with the daily/weekly reset programming.

This may point to how it was created, but certainly not how to fix everyone affected who cannot now earn shards to complete the event pursuit, at all.

Sadly, this is affecting my main... Babydoll. The other 2 are, while working as intended, both of no importance to me.

I look forward to a timely solution. I was planning to grind out most of those 250 shards, and save my PG for other items (the neverending pursuit of Flawless Caches).

Good luck, dev's. Hope this helps.

2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

you can lead a horse to water...

good insight however el jefe.

I have 3 toons going atm. 1st and 3rd is not bugged . The only thing I did differently on the 2nd toon was buy a star fall cache before actually earning one via af completion . the other two had no pg to spend at their first af .
    I got on well after reset
    PSN : bucketmouthjohn

CLAN : Insomniac Hunters

I was not logged in during the contract change - and this is happening to my main account.

This is the bug as far as I can tell on ps4. Friday we had a patch some of the arkfalls we went to had the shards on the vendor and gave the one shard uppon completion. You did not have to purchase any. It auto gave us one that seems to have flagged us and auto filled in the mission.

So the issue at hand is many did spend a bunch of gulinite buying shards on monday not sure where they went or that the quest was even broken.

How to fix this? Well really you have to look at what is missing. Prime starfall assult rifle, 2 starfall mods, and 5 persuit rating. Well I do believe the items can be returned the persuit rating can not. Forever placing anyone that got this bug below everone else in persuit rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctss3xxy View Post
    I was not logged in during the contract change - and this is happening to my main account.
    I was logged in during the contract change, and it's NOT happening to my main... which is my ONLY character in 2050.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.

Also hope they fix it soon

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarran View Post
    I look forward to a timely solution. I was planning to grind out most of those 250 shards, and save my PG for other items (the neverending pursuit of Flawless Caches).
    I have the same problem, when i checked the pursuit it was greyed out from the start. I really hope they fix this,
    seeing this weapon is a VBI and im a huge VBI fanboy

Any word if they’re going to fix this debacle ?
    PSN : bucketmouthjohn

CLAN : Insomniac Hunters

9.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #9
    Hey All,

I have been maintaining updates in this thread here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...and-voidrunner.

This issue should now be resolved for everyone, and a grant of PG has gone out to all environments except for US PC. I will be granting US PC PG in the morning as soon as possible.

What actually ended up being the issue, is that players who were logged in when the pursuit was enabled, ran into some very odd game logic that we never expected. When this happened, the pursuit completed but did not provide rewards. In the future, we will be bringing down the servers for pursuits like this to avoid this type of issue.

Again, thank you for everyone who has been patient while we worked to make sure we fixed this with as little amount of issues as possible.

Thank you Destromathe.

Can confirm that is is now unlocked but as you mentioned.

I am on PC/NA and can confirm the PG has been posted into claimables already.

Thanks once again for sorting this out.