+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

A note on server performance

Ark Hunters,

We sincerely apologize for the stability issues and extended downtimes you are currently experiencing in Defiance.

As you may have noticed, we have recently migrated our EU game servers from an onsite solution to a leading cloud computing platform. We heavily prepared for this transition, but sometimes things do not go as planned. Rest assured that improving Defiance server reliability is our highest priority.

Due to the current connectivity issues, we understand that you do not yet feel the positive effects of moving to the cloud platform. Nevertheless, we want to key you in as to why we chose this path and what it means for you in the future.

Our reason for moving to the cloud platform was to enhance your gaming experience. The dynamic scalability options available in the cloud platform allow for game server updates to be deployed much faster and with fewer errors. Autoscaling, now built into Defiance, dynamically adjusts servers so there is always enough overhead to handle even the most populated instances. It even saves resources which we can then directly invest back into the further development of Defiance.

We believe that you will soon benefit from even better server performance, lower latency, and much less downtime than you had in the past. We thank you, our loyal players, for your patience and understanding during this time.

The Defiance Team

Quote Originally Posted by erinnyes View Post
    Ark Hunters,

We sincerely apologize for the stability issues and extended downtimes you are currently experiencing in Defiance.

As you may have noticed, we have recently migrated our EU game servers from an onsite solution to a leading cloud computing platform. We heavily prepared for this transition, but sometimes things do not go as planned. Rest assured that improving Defiance server reliability is our highest priority.

Due to the current connectivity issues, we understand that you do not yet feel the positive effects of moving to the cloud platform. Nevertheless, we want to key you in as to why we chose this path and what it means for you in the future.

Our reason for moving to the cloud platform was to enhance your gaming experience. The dynamic scalability options available in the cloud platform allow for game server updates to be deployed much faster and with fewer errors. Autoscaling, now built into Defiance, dynamically adjusts servers so there is always enough overhead to handle even the most populated instances. It even saves resources which we can then directly invest back into the further development of Defiance.

We believe that you will soon benefit from even better server performance, lower latency, and much less downtime than you had in the past. We thank you, our loyal players, for your patience and understanding during this time.

The Defiance Team
    What we really would benefit from is better communication over everything. 1 post every two weeks or even longer just angers us players and pushes others away. People have been asking for fixes now for months on D50 and years on D13 and they still go unfixed. You feel the need to release over priced loot packs but cant change the drop rate of mods for people to actually enjoy and use. New bugs have arose with the cosmic weapons and now with the starfall mods and i have sent messages to Destro and not got a single reply, i have sent you messages in the past whcih have gone unanswered. Where you might think this game is heading in the right direction it really isnt. All you need to do is start being more open with your playerbase and you will see a difference. And stop with the same pattern, release content, be active for a few days after and then disappear once you think you have done all you can. Every event has been the same so far on D50. Sorry for the rant but i think its about time you heard some truths from some of us long time players who know whats best for the furture of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by erinnyes View Post
    Guess I'll have to wait and see if the proof is in the proverbial pudding.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Show me a game from the same segment range that doesn’t lose its audience after 7 years of existence."
    Warframe: "Hold our beer."
    Imagine peddling bit store trash rather than fixing the game in 2020.

Does this effect NA PC servers too? WE have a hugh lag problem all of the sudden.

Finally some good news, hope this applies to NA servers too since EU servers are mostly ghost towns.

Defiance: IGN: s1cKb0y - EGO: 6000 - PC NA - CLAN: REQUIEM - Founder
    Defiance 2050: IGN: s1cKb0y - EGO: 50 PR: 4999 - PC NA - CLAN: Chaos Crew - Officer
    https://www.twitch.tv/llls1ckb0ylll

i hope its not a amazon

Quote Originally Posted by gabberworld View Post
    i hope its not a amazon
    I checked to what IP addresses Defiance connects to with Wireshark and netstat command and I saw an amazaon could servers IP from Seatle once.

Defiance: IGN: s1cKb0y - EGO: 6000 - PC NA - CLAN: REQUIEM - Founder
    Defiance 2050: IGN: s1cKb0y - EGO: 50 PR: 4999 - PC NA - CLAN: Chaos Crew - Officer
    https://www.twitch.tv/llls1ckb0ylll

well now i know what people talk about disconnects :P

amazon probably best for his price that's why he is leading position and that's why most company's want use that.

Quote Originally Posted by llls1cKb0ylll View Post
    Finally some good news, hope this applies to NA servers too since EU servers are mostly ghost towns.
    ghost towns, its because people spitted to the different shards/servers, not really good tho,

what they need todo is mix all shard servers for work together soo even if people at different shards we still can see them, but that is probably long thing todo , not a one day job.

worst part is if users think that they alone at server but really users are online in other shard, they may leave this game because playing alone event majors is challenge.

soo think about that little, Defiance Team

so this is for d13? if so when are we gonna see updates? because players still think that is where their patron pass money is going . to fix d13.