+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What Makes A Good Clan

This may be a redundant topic seeing as it all depends on player preference, but I wanted to ask the community a simple question regarding clans - what typically makes a good clan and what makes a bad clan.

This is for newer players so they can see the collective opinion of the community to help them choose wisely in deciding which clan they choose, and save themselves some unpleasant experiences and wasted efforts in game.

Please remember that this is not meant to be a thread to callout clans or players. Just the positives of what makes a good clan and the negatives of what makes a bad clan.

Hmmm , a good clan calls out majors , contracts. Helps que co ops . Has friendly conversations.

A bad clan is constantly berating people in zone , making inappropriate conversations in clan chat . Always asking for help with side and main missions .
    PSN : bucketmouthjohn

CLAN : Insomniac Hunters

I feel that it is important for people to belong to a clan to help everyone.... a new player can gain experience from older and more experienced clan members and that could help them grow a lot easier. The benefits of belonging to a clan also is the extra bonus that you can receive as a clan member in clan activities which can give little boosts to you.
    And also as a clan if it is a bit more organised and more active is that you can establish daily and weekly clan runs for the contracts. Triade has been doing this since early last year, and it is something that we have done every day. Once a clan has a routine, people know that they can log on and run together and have a bit more fun, and also get their contracts done in a quick and efficient manner. Seeing this happening in our clan, has also prompted a lot of the clan members when they jump on later or after the regular clan run, to actually start calling out in clan when they are doing their dailies, and anyone can tp over and complete alongside a clan member. It is encouraging and nice to see clan members being very interactive.

Also- any news, regarding game, events and hints and tips, can be passed along and shared with clan members, either in the clan chat in game, or in a voice interaction program like Discord, which also allows you to have text channels and post information for everyone.

It is also nice to know that you are not alone in a game.

Defiance2050 Rules ......

Ctss3xxy

Triade Clan Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Stranger View Post
    Hmmm , a good clan calls out majors , contracts. Helps que co ops . Has friendly conversations.

A bad clan is constantly berating people in zone , making inappropriate conversations in clan chat . Always asking for help with side and main missions .
    Good clan doesn't contract hop either,.
    Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 46xx)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 30xx)
    Clan: ogs

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    Good clan doesn't contract hop either,.
    Yep, that contract hopping was/is sooo annoying. Good point Smurf.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagger Six View Post
    Yep, that contract hopping was/is sooo annoying. Good point Smurf.
    I guess I am in the minority on this. In D13 taggers were super annoying, but in 2050 it makes so little difference. I don’t even care now. I more than likely need specific weapon kills so it benefits me if you leave the area.
    www.youtube.com/user/combo65

IGN: Combo Breaker

Quote Originally Posted by Combo Breaker View Post
    I guess I am in the minority on this. In D13 taggers were super annoying, but in 2050 it makes so little difference. I don’t even care now. I more than likely need specific weapon kills so it benefits me if you leave the area.
    Weapon and enemy type kills I use rampages, and arenas. Especially the first one with all those hellbugs.
    Xbox One

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    Weapon and enemy type kills I use rampages, and arenas. Especially the first one with all those hellbugs.
    Some days (like today), yes. Sometimes on the longer contracts I can finish the weapon without going into the arena. That first one is definitely the one to use for the pain weapons. The problem is I have a massive disdain for the arenas. If I can avoid them I will. At all costs. We should be allowed to quit once we have passed and not waste the 12 minutes hiding or killing for nothing (if you are trying to finish it)

When it comes to contracts I try hard to minimize the time spent.
    www.youtube.com/user/combo65

IGN: Combo Breaker

Quote Originally Posted by Combo Breaker View Post
    Some days (like today), yes. Sometimes on the longer contracts I can finish the weapon without going into the arena. That first one is definitely the one to use for the pain weapons. The problem is I have a massive disdain for the arenas. If I can avoid them I will. At all costs. We should be allowed to quit once we have passed and not waste the 12 minutes hiding or killing for nothing (if you are trying to finish it)

When it comes to contracts I try hard to minimize the time spent.
    Fair enough.
    Xbox One

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA

I think it also depends on what type of gamer you are. I belong to one clan that doesn't do clan text chatter but rather log into voice in Discord while online which actually is a lot of fun when you're in a Major or coop with a group of people.

As for contracts, part of the problem is we all get the same ones. I'd like to see them stagger, different ones for different people randomly assigned. I've driven over to contracts before now where various people all turned up at the same time and its frustrating, but some people have said they like it because it speeds things up to move on to the next one. I now wait for people by standing out the way till they are done but this depends if I spot them in time before I start myself - usually if they haven't hit the targets on the contracts yet.

+ Reply to Thread