+ Reply to Thread

We need more space for new clan members!

So 15 pages is max on Defiance 2050. I couldn't figure out why this new person we were trying to invite, couldn't get the invite. Well after some trial and error, we found out that we were at the max. I dont like to ever delete people, but we had to nuke some recruits that haven't played in a really long time and had barely any contribution to make room for new people. Is it possible for you the devs to give us maby five more pages? I would really like to have an unlimited amount, but five more pages should be good. We are very picky on who we invite, and were an adults only clan. Were not a clan that invites every person in the game thats not in a clan. Were full and it's not like we invite just anyone. So I would say were gonna need more room. The current amount is just not enough!
    CLAN: LEGENDARY GUNS

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDMCHICAGO View Post
    So 15 pages is max on Defiance 2050. I couldn't figure out why this new person we were trying to invite, couldn't get the invite. Well after some trial and error, we found out that we were at the max. I dont like to ever delete people, but we had to nuke some recruits that haven't played in a really long time and had barely any contribution to make room for new people. Is it possible for you the devs to give us maby five more pages? I would really like to have an unlimited amount, but five more pages should be good. We are very picky on who we invite, and were an adults only clan. Were not a clan that invites every person in the game thats not in a clan. Were full and it's not like we invite just anyone. So I would say were gonna need more room. The current amount is just not enough!
    They mentioned at launch of d50 that the clan cap was to keep the stability of the game intact, and that the large clan size was somehow inadvertently affecting d13 performance.

If the players are inactive, no reason not to remove them for active players. I personally don't mind the cap, as it stops one clan hogging all the players, and all you see I just one clan running around.
    Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 46xx)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 30xx)
    Clan: ogs

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    They mentioned at launch of d50 that the clan cap was to keep the stability of the game intact, and that the large clan size was somehow inadvertently affecting d13 performance.

If the players are inactive, no reason not to remove them for active players. I personally don't mind the cap, as it stops one clan hogging all the players, and all you see I just one clan running around.
    I must of missed that mention at launch! Thanks for your input! If anyone else would like to add this discussion feel free!
    CLAN: LEGENDARY GUNS

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    Destromathe found out in Feb of 2018 that when D13 servers crashed and people had problems logging back in for hours at a time... one of the problems that lagged the login system was whenever someone logged in, it also had to compile the list of who was also logged in from your clan. When there were a few clans with 7000+ members (largely inactive) it caused a bit of unanticipated processing problems that the initial coding wasn't adept at handling. I've no idea if that coding was fixed or improved for D13.

So they just made up a number for 2050, the 300 clan cap, and that's what we have now. 15 pages and 20 members per page if I remember correctly and the math fits.

I think this only balkanizes ark hunters into small clans, leaving people feeling as if the game is dead, but that argument didn't sway their choice. Fostering animosity with small clans fighting it out works in a pvp focused game, but 2050 is not that.

Chaos Crew on D13 was one of those few massive clans, and it was nice to have such a large pool of players... so that no matter the time of day you logged in... 15-100 players from around the world were able to joke around and help each other out and gave the impression the game was still relevant and helped give another reason to keep players returning to D13.

2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

I am Founder of my clan on xbox one eu and if players have been inactive for more than a month without letting anyone know why I remove them from the clan. But in all honesty the entire population on xbox one eu would easily fit into one clan, with plenty of pages left on the clan roster. Xbox one EU population is embarassing. Most now have even stopped coming on to do dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarran View Post
    Destromathe found out in Feb of 2018 that when D13 servers crashed and people had problems logging back in for hours at a time... one of the problems that lagged the login system was whenever someone logged in, it also had to compile the list of who was also logged in from your clan. When there were a few clans with 7000+ members (largely inactive) it caused a bit of unanticipated processing problems that the initial coding wasn't adept at handling. I've no idea if that coding was fixed or improved for D13.

So they just made up a number for 2050, the 300 clan cap, and that's what we have now. 15 pages and 20 members per page if I remember correctly and the math fits.

I think this only balkanizes ark hunters into small clans, leaving people feeling as if the game is dead, but that argument didn't sway their choice. Fostering animosity with small clans fighting it out works in a pvp focused game, but 2050 is not that.

Chaos Crew on D13 was one of those few massive clans, and it was nice to have such a large pool of players... so that no matter the time of day you logged in... 15-100 players from around the world were able to joke around and help each other out and gave the impression the game was still relevant and helped give another reason to keep players returning to D13.
    I would suggest we all join a clan, but I know a few who would be hesitant to merge there clan with another. I for one won't merge with a few on Xbox as they are full of glitchers. Some are afraid they will get booted from the merged clan. 13th dragoons would be the only one I would trust to merge ogs with if we had to disban ours.
    Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 46xx)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 30xx)
    Clan: ogs

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDMCHICAGO View Post
    (Bushede Picks Up The Phone Ringing)..,

Jade:
    "Greetings."

Call From Silicon Valley:
    "Everything's Now Ready. You may begin our Introduction. And please, forgive us for putting Central in the middle of this Mr. Jade."

Jade:
    " No worries. Many across Ark Universal will understand later. We understand both Organization's line of reasons, and the Ark Universal Benefits the Ark Hunter Association will Accumulate, if it can remain Activated, Based On Regional Ark Cooperation."

Unknown:
    " Arkfall Board Of Directors Awarded, Between Both Organizations As An Ark Alliance, Awarded Us One, Once We Landed In Ark Universal. An Excellent Stratagem For A Request To Coordinate Towards A Few Recharges."

(Take A Sip Of Tea)

Jade:
    " Understood. Central will show them the way. Many Thanks For Goods."

(Jade Hangs Up The Landline, Taking Another Sip Of Tea, Relaxing Momentarily).....,