+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: Weapon fix

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarran View Post
    I had this issue as well. Unfortunately, I prefer dets over anything else (65 skill now and may have just broken 25 in 4 other categories) and my dets would shoot through mobs at some point, then it would carry through to other weapons. I'd try changing weapons (any other explosive still wouldn't work, not even the voidrunner) and sometimes other weapons would become affected too. I'd hot swap to my other loadouts (but they all have some explosive/hard hitting single target combo) and sometimes that would find 1 gun that would still work.

Eventually, I found the answer/problem wasn't MY guns. It was someone else at the arkfall using Nexus. On PC/NA, at the very first EH major, someone who'd had plenty of Paradise rep saved up outright bought the Nexus. Told others to do so as well.

It was the events where someone broke out the Nexus, that people had these problems. I'd bring my clan so they always experienced them at the same events too.

What happened is the Nexus explosive area left a lingering 'area of effect' that when my det's crossed that border of effect, the target inside became invulnerable to my shots, and that then affected my gun (or all dets) for the rest of that final. The Nexus area affect barrier somehow interfered with my gun preventing hits. It took me a while to spot it. With enough people you won't see everyone else's full weapon effects, but when player numbers are low, and the Nexus grenade misses are left unexploded on the ground it's easier to spot.

While I was shooting a target on the far side of the Nexus grenade bubble's periphery, which was running out of that area, but I'd clearly shot through the bubble when the mob was in the far edge of the effect... my hits never registered damage numbers, and the Omnivolt running out of that area was still unable to take damage from my explosives. Then nothing else did either.

Oddly this would effect every explosive gun I had during the remainder of that arkfall. So some coding of the lingering Nexus grenades, affected other dets, and that inability to land hits would spill over to other weapon types I had in the loadout... probably when they too, crossed the Nexus grenade effect's 'event horizon'.

The Nexus is still around. Do some testing, I've not bothered trying and didn't encourage friends or my clan to buy them, so it's not something that comes up often in post-EH play.

----------

As far as the Tempest goes... run it in Assault class with 5/5 Assault Dampen skill points spec'd and you don't need to AIM your Tempest at all. It seems to have inherited the original Defiance Blast Rifle bug that was introduced late game, about 2 yrs ago... where if a skitterling or mongrel was at your feet, it would cause BR's to spray at a 90% angle left or right instead of straight ahead.

You solve that problem by allowing nothing to be in a circle around you within 1 foot, or so.

This 'bug/feature' can be easily duplicated by at the hellbug minigun hotshot near Happy Pow, in the middle of those hydroponic domes. When firing the chaingun/minigun allow the skitterlings to get to your feet while firing at far targets and you can get that 90% bullet spray occuring too, occaisionally, for the limited time a skitterling is at your feet.
    I raised a thread about the nexus causing the issues of no damage with any gun. But all the other weapon bugs started when they released a server hotfix and it broke our weapons. One day we might get a fix and can start to enjoy this game again. At the minute nothing seems to be happening anywhere to get fixes out, its like they dont care or dont seem to believe there is an issue to even start working on a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakonroo View Post
    I raised a thread about the nexus causing the issues of no damage with any gun. But all the other weapon bugs started when they released a server hotfix and it broke our weapons. One day we might get a fix and can start to enjoy this game again. At the minute nothing seems to be happening anywhere to get fixes out, its like they dont care or dont seem to believe there is an issue to even start working on a fix.
    No, they DEFINITELY know about it. When the original stat rolls on weapons started flipping all over the place from one major to the next, they DID post an acknowledgement of it. So the same gun can have bugged +/- % adjustments to Dmg, Acc, Bloom (less noticeable), Reload (VERY noticeable [for laughs, the longest reload time on the weapon card I saw was 53 seconds on my Pumpkin Patch]).

Yes, this started around the time of the mastery bug hitting... but it wasn't the mastery rolls themselves that were the cause. They've had a couple rounds of fixes... and most of the time now, on PC/NA it's normal. Now it's once or twice a week a gun is 'wonky' so I just put that one aside. For a time I was using the PP exclusively, and I took to keeping 2 copies of it around so if the daily stat variation affected the PP's reload drastically I could just use the other. I don't have to do that any longer.

The issue is still around however. I bought a few Voidrunners, hoping for some versions with better dmg/crit bonus rolls, to move my mods too. Every time after modding any of them the empty gun percents nosedive and get whacked... so often after I put in mods, the %'s end up looking Worse, or the same as they were before. I'm learning not to trust those values, but just stick with how the gun actually performs.

I KNOW this has to have been driving Rarnok bonkers for the last 4 or so months... and I'm sure the team's put in time trying to resolve them. Unfortunately, game company owner's need to make money, and need the team moving forward developing reasons to keep us interested, and paying to play the game.

I have some sympathy with Destromathe and Rarnok trying to keep the weapon system coding bug free, so it all makes sense, and our use of weapons remains consistent, day in day out. I still have faith in them that they will keep juggling the demands we have and the company has, as best they can... and I'll continue to have patience for them fixing the stability issues... as well as hope they will get it sorted.

2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

No, they DEFINITELY know about it. When the original stat rolls on weapons started flipping all over the place from one major to the next, they DID post an acknowledgement of it. So the same gun can have bugged +/- % adjustments to Dmg, Acc, Bloom (less noticeable), Reload (VERY noticeable [for laughs, the longest reload time on the weapon card I saw was 53 seconds on my Pumpkin Patch]).

Yes, this started around the time of the mastery bug hitting... but it wasn't the mastery rolls themselves that were the cause. They've had a couple rounds of fixes... and most of the time now, on PC/NA it's normal. Now it's once or twice a week a gun is 'wonky' so I just put that one aside. For a time I was using the PP exclusively, and I took to keeping 2 copies of it around so if the daily stat variation affected the PP's reload drastically I could just use the other. I don't have to do that any longer.

The issue is still around however. I bought a few Voidrunners, hoping for some versions with better dmg/crit bonus rolls, to move my mods too. Every time after modding any of them the empty gun percents nosedive and get whacked... so often after I put in mods, the %'s end up looking Worse, or the same as they were before. I'm learning not to trust those values, but just stick with how the gun actually performs.

I KNOW this has to have been driving Rarnok bonkers for the last 4 or so months... and I'm sure the team's put in time trying to resolve them. Unfortunately, game company owner's need to make money, and need the team moving forward developing reasons to keep us interested, and paying to play the game.

I have some sympathy with Destromathe and Rarnok trying to keep the weapon system coding bug free, so it all makes sense, and our use of weapons remains consistent, day in day out. I still have faith in them that they will keep juggling the demands we have and the company has, as best they can... and I'll continue to have patience for them fixing the stability issues... as well as hope they will get it sorted.
    Very well said. +1
    Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 46xx)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 30xx)
    Clan: ogs

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

I had this issue as well. Unfortunately, I prefer dets over anything else (65 skill now and may have just broken 25 in 4 other categories) and my dets would shoot through mobs at some point, then it would carry through to other weapons. I'd try changing weapons (any other explosive still wouldn't work, not even the voidrunner) and sometimes other weapons would become affected too. I'd hot swap to my other loadouts (but they all have some explosive/hard hitting single target combo) and sometimes that would find 1 gun that would still work.

Eventually, I found the answer/problem wasn't MY guns. It was someone else at the arkfall using Nexus. On PC/NA, at the very first EH major, someone who'd had plenty of Paradise rep saved up outright bought the Nexus. Told others to do so as well.

It was the events where someone broke out the Nexus, that people had these problems. I'd bring my clan so they always experienced them at the same events too.

What happened is the Nexus explosive area left a lingering 'area of effect' that when my det's crossed that border of effect, the target inside became invulnerable to my shots, and that then affected my gun (or all dets) for the rest of that final. The Nexus area affect barrier somehow interfered with my gun preventing hits. It took me a while to spot it. With enough people you won't see everyone else's full weapon effects, but when player numbers are low, and the Nexus grenade misses are left unexploded on the ground it's easier to spot.

While I was shooting a target on the far side of the Nexus grenade bubble's periphery, which was running out of that area, but I'd clearly shot through the bubble when the mob was in the far edge of the effect... my hits never registered damage numbers, and the Omnivolt running out of that area was still unable to take damage from my explosives. Then nothing else did either.

Oddly this would effect every explosive gun I had during the remainder of that arkfall. So some coding of the lingering Nexus grenades, affected other dets, and that inability to land hits would spill over to other weapon types I had in the loadout... probably when they too, crossed the Nexus grenade effect's 'event horizon'.

The Nexus is still around. Do some testing, I've not bothered trying and didn't encourage friends or my clan to buy them, so it's not something that comes up often in post-EH play.

----------

As far as the Tempest goes... run it in Assault class with 5/5 Assault Dampen skill points spec'd and you don't need to AIM your Tempest at all. It seems to have inherited the original Defiance Blast Rifle bug that was introduced late game, about 2 yrs ago... where if a skitterling or mongrel was at your feet, it would cause BR's to spray at a 90% angle left or right instead of straight ahead.

You solve that problem by allowing nothing to be in a circle around you within 1 foot, or so.

This 'bug/feature' can be easily duplicated by at the hellbug minigun hotshot near Happy Pow, in the middle of those hydroponic domes. When firing the chaingun/minigun allow the skitterlings to get to your feet while firing at far targets and you can get that 90% bullet spray occuring too, occaisionally, for the limited time a skitterling is at your feet.
    Seriously? they didn't even patch the bug that was from 2 years ago? The only matter question is, how long will this game really last? We today can see all the factors that made people quit playing this game. The bugs are not fixed, nearly the majority of them being from D13. If this game truly wants to succeed. Maybe perhaps its best to fix all those bugs and THEN add content, otherwise the reason for the population spike is just for events and rewards that are not really worth it. Its never good to rely on short term solutions and this is the symptoms of such thing. Maybe then this game will truly succeed because at this rate, adding more content will add more scrap to the mess that will be worsened. l am vaguely surprised to see people of such a low population still up. This type of problem should not even exist in general, this should have only occured in the beta version of the game, not the future later. Never bite off more than you could chew...

+ Reply to Thread