+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OG Defiance

OG Defiance

Last year I quit D13, gave away all my gear and all that. A few days ago I thought I'd log back in to see first hand how things are in game and maybe pick it back up, I was surprised to see the state of things.

First of all there are still old event contracts up that I've completed, keep in mind I quit last year. Then my old clan is basically flatlined, which is surprising because the clan was one of the biggest if not the biggest in game.

Then I checked the Steam Charts on July 5th and saw that only 40 players were online that day. So in 1 year with the release of 2050, D13 has almost flatlined?

This is a shame because we were all told that D13 would continue to be supported, and there's still room for improvement and untapped potential like world map expansion.

So my question is what happened to "OG Defiance isn't going anywhere" and all that? And what is going to be done with D13? Will it be shut down? That is a valid question as the game seems to have been neglected or intentionally led to be shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagger Six View Post
    Last year I quit D13, gave away all my gear and all that. A few days ago I thought I'd log back in to see first hand how things are in game and maybe pick it back up, I was surprised to see the state of things.

First of all there are still old event contracts up that I've completed, keep in mind I quit last year. Then my old clan is basically flatlined, which is surprising because the clan was one of the biggest if not the biggest in game.

Then I checked the Steam Charts on July 5th and saw that only 40 players were online that day. So in 1 year with the release of 2050, D13 has almost flatlined?

This is a shame because we were all told that D13 would continue to be supported, and there's still room for improvement and untapped potential like world map expansion.

So my question is what happened to "OG Defiance isn't going anywhere" and all that? And what is going to be done with D13? Will it be shut down? That is a valid question as the game seems to have been neglected or intentionally led to be shutdown.
    You have to read Trion's message in between the line when they said "OG Defiance isn't going anywhere", they LITERALLY mean it isn't going anywhere, as in no more new content or support and not FIGURATIVE speaking. They haven't had any major contents in years, everything that has been added are minor feature updates (like weapons/synergy). No new maps, missions, pursuits, etc. Poor server stability, connection,in game bugs etc

They have been putting their focus on d2050 and pretty much place d13 as their lower priority

This is nonsense. I often check steamcharts. On the 5th of July the peak in D13 was 121 players(in D50 the peak only 81 players). Everyone can check that themselves:

D13 - https://steamcharts.com/app/224600
    D50 - https://steamcharts.com/app/743090

D50 had only the first 4 months after the release more players. Since october 2018 -> D13 has again more players. And that is still the case today.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatma andy View Post
    Yikes, but I'm hardly surprised to see those numbers... there are much better options out there on Steam.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatma andy View Post
    This is nonsense. I often check steamcharts. On the 5th of July the peak in D13 was 121 players(in D50 the peak only 81 players). Everyone can check that themselves:

D13 - https://steamcharts.com/app/224600
    D50 - https://steamcharts.com/app/743090

D50 had only the first 4 months after the release more players. Since october 2018 -> D13 has again more players. And that is still the case today.
    On friday July 5th at 1:00 a.m. there were 40 players online, so the "nonsense" you speak of isn't on my end. But perhaps I should have chosen a time more sufficient to reflect the "peak" number of players you mentioned.

Yea kinda surprising it is still up and running tbh, which kinda sucks cus it's better than 2050 by far imo.

Quote Originally Posted by photoz View Post
    You have to read Trion's message in between the line when they said "OG Defiance isn't going anywhere", they LITERALLY mean it isn't going anywhere, as in no more new content or support and not FIGURATIVE speaking. They haven't had any major contents in years, everything that has been added are minor feature updates (like weapons/synergy). No new maps, missions, pursuits, etc. Poor server stability, connection,in game bugs etc

They have been putting their focus on d2050 and pretty much place d13 as their lower priority
    This. Pretty much spot on. Too bad they kinda shot themselves in the foot with the changes to 2050. All people wanted was a direct port /revamp, bug fixes etc. Instead we got a blatant cash grab rehashed game.

On friday July 5th at 1:00 a.m. there were 40 players online, so the "nonsense" you speak of isn't on my end. But perhaps I should have chosen a time more sufficient to reflect the "peak" number of players you mentioned.

Sorry. You're right. My mistake. In different regions of this world, of course, is also played at different times. I always just look at the peak.

Quote Originally Posted by fm0987 View Post
    Too bad they kinda shot themselves in the foot with the changes to 2050. All people wanted was a direct port /revamp, bug fixes etc. Instead we got a blatant cash grab rehashed game.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. Fact.

In May, the peak was at 278 players. This month, the peak was on July 7, 150 players. Now the peak is at 120 players. And we have an event. Gamigo does not realize that the event-jackpots are the wrong way. Py is the key.