+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fools Gold Not Work In WARMASTER????

Supreme Fools Gold - really nice weapon - for the most part works really well - with one MAJOR exception.

That would be the WARMASTER. More specifically the life steal on critical hit DOES NOT proc when shooting the warmaster crit spot.

Have passed the weapon over to another player for testing purposes - and the test came back the same - this weapon does not proc the 3rd part of the syn with the WM.

Considering the WM would be the one place above all others where i would like to use this pistol - even equipping it is pointless when going in there at this point.

Not sure if other weapons and JP'S of the same synergy would have the same problem - maybe if anyone else has found the same please post results here.

Would like to hope we might get a fix - otherwise Fools Gold is gonna end up exactly as its name suggests.

I know this is going to sound mean but why use a pistol for WM? You do know that mass lobbers bypass the need to strip his armor and damage him directly? I know this is a fact. Several of my friends and I have tested it. I can kill him solo. Along with many others who have figured out the same thing. I understand your complaint about the broken gun however. Test it in as many places as possible. For example try it in a minor summoned arkfall and see if its broken in all of the dlc content. They've recently had issues with dlc and this bug maybe related. Also check to see if it occurs in thorn liro. If so then it has to be related. Again sorry if i come off sounding mean. It just seems no one shares the tips for WM loadouts or tactics any more.

Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYKING View Post
    I know this is going to sound mean but why use a pistol for WM? You do know that mass lobbers bypass the need to strip his armor and damage him directly? I know this is a fact. Several of my friends and I have tested it. I can kill him solo. Along with many others who have figured out the same thing. I understand your complaint about the broken gun however. Test it in as many places as possible. For example try it in a minor summoned arkfall and see if its broken in all of the dlc content. They've recently had issues with dlc and this bug maybe related. Also check to see if it occurs in thorn liro. If so then it has to be related. Again sorry if i come off sounding mean. It just seems no one shares the tips for WM loadouts or tactics any more.

Using the right setup you can solo the WM in 2 minutes or less. The setup I use to run I used a fire converted max crit ID wolfhound with a card crit rating of 9.9. You ever seen a mass lobber crit for millions? Ya me either. Knowing and understanding the mechanics and how to actually build loadouts makes a world of difference. Omni rig with full t6 crit chips, mobile fortress and whatever for the 2 piece GA syn bonus rounded out my loadout.

As I had mentioned in my initial post - the pistol has been tested in other areas and seems to work just fine, The syn works as it is supposed to. The problem seems to be that the weapon mentioned either does not recognise the WM back as a crit spot or just the syn doesnt recognise the warmasters crit spots, hence the no proc.
    I thought that this should be highlighted and bought to the communities attention in the hope that something can be done to rectify it.
    I know there are also other problems regarding this synergy - the Cave In for example - the JP that damages a player for no reason whenever it is equipped and switched to on an active loadout.
    My post was about nothing more than bringing this to peoples attention as i said in the hope of maybe getting a fix. If others know of other problems with the synergy then feel free to post them here.

What I did not ask for was advice for a WM loadout - I have an inventory full of very nice and wonderful things that I can use in a WM if I should so choose. If I choose to offhand with a pistol then thats my choice. My loadout will change according to the conditions of the WM fight at the time.

People may not like the fools gold jp pistol, or might not have one to use - but if they do and if they choose to use it in a WM I would like to think this info I have posted regarding this weapon may be helpful. So then people can adjust their loadouts accordingly which as stated above "Knowing and understanding the mechanics and how to actually build loadouts makes a world of difference.

People using a broken weapon that does not do what its supposed to in my mind is non beneficial - synergy should work as intended regardless of location , target , DLC area or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_G View Post
    As I had mentioned in my initial post - the pistol has been tested in other areas and seems to work just fine, The syn works as it is supposed to. The problem seems to be that the weapon mentioned either does not recognise the WM back as a crit spot or just the syn doesnt recognise the warmasters crit spots, hence the no proc.
    I thought that this should be highlighted and bought to the communities attention in the hope that something can be done to rectify it.
    I know there are also other problems regarding this synergy - the Cave In for example - the JP that damages a player for no reason whenever it is equipped and switched to on an active loadout.
    My post was about nothing more than bringing this to peoples attention as i said in the hope of maybe getting a fix. If others know of other problems with the synergy then feel free to post them here.

What I did not ask for was advice for a WM loadout - I have an inventory full of very nice and wonderful things that I can use in a WM if I should so choose. If I choose to offhand with a pistol then thats my choice. My loadout will change according to the conditions of the WM fight at the time.

People may not like the fools gold jp pistol, or might not have one to use - but if they do and if they choose to use it in a WM I would like to think this info I have posted regarding this weapon may be helpful. So then people can adjust their loadouts accordingly which as stated above "Knowing and understanding the mechanics and how to actually build loadouts makes a world of difference.

People using a broken weapon that does not do what its supposed to in my mind is non beneficial - synergy should work as intended regardless of location , target , DLC area or not.
    If I was talking to you I would have quoted you but ding ding I didn’t. The guy I quoted asked about loadouts so I responded to him. Nobody cares about your gear, I vendored the best inventory on PS3.

Using a pistol in a WM is a definite yes in my book. I normally use wolfhound and an smg. The insane damage a pistol can do would surprise most players if they played with the ballance a bit. I for one do not conden the use of glitches during my game play as it lessens the fun.

Rotflmfao glitch you say........ According to the devs this isnt a glitch its working as intended. ( We reported this bypassing armor occurrence when ml bundle came out.) And i kill him solo in 45 seconds. While you only look at the crit numbers i do the dps calculations and ml fire rate and overall dmg wins. I used to use a pistol and smg as well. Then someone pointed out the errors i had and how much lower the big picture was. Focusing on one stat means the others lack, no balance means dps suffers. But use what you like. To the op sorry again i DO hope this is addressed
    As you said people should be able to enjoy the content with any of thier favorite guns and not have to deal with malfunctioning guns or syns causing thier enjoyment to suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by konstantinov View Post
    If I was talking to you I would have quoted you but ding ding I didn’t. The guy I quoted asked about loadouts so I responded to him. Nobody cares about your gear, I vendored the best inventory on PS3.
    You could say the same that no one cares about the inventory you deleted either, filmed, and posted on the forum. How many years ago was that. People probably have inventories that could rival your old one now. Not trying to rude. Wish we could all just be nice. It was nice to see you though here
    Kon. Hope you are well.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy303 View Post
    You could say the same that no one cares about the inventory you deleted either, filmed, and posted on the forum. How many years ago was that. People probably have inventories that could rival your old one now. Not trying to rude. Wish we could all just be nice. It was nice to see you though here
    Kon. Hope you are well.
    Not to derail the Thread, but... Personally, you can't be relevant after flushing all that time and effort down the drain. Any decent, honorable player would've gave their gear away for others to enjoy it, versus the hyperbolic latter. That being said...

Wasn't this Thread meant for the 2050 section?
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    Understand that the players aren't your personal police force that must be looking out for hackers 24/7. That is your job.
    Quote Originally Posted by upper View Post
    Why do they focus on "lesser known bugs" that are not major concerns! Lag and disconnects On the other hand are the two main problems that everyone wants a fix for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Because after 4 years of defiance, if you're still here, then it's not that big of a problem. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    Loot boxes are not pay to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Valani View Post
    Wasn't this Thread meant for the 2050 section?
    This is the correct section .
    Fool's Gold is the Precision Bore jackpot pistol (from this year's 99 Problems) in classic Defiance: a "VBI HP-6 Wolfhound modified for automatic fire."
    We got the list of names for the new jackpots here (but no further information):
    https://www.trionworlds.com/defiance...1/99-problems/