+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

  Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: any news about new event

  1. #1
    Member sisqo32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    nice, France
    Posts
    310

    Question any news about new event

    Hi All
    is there any news about the next event ?
    thanks
    PS4/EU
    sisqo32
    clan FR
    assault/engIneer

  2. #2
    Member Sal Fireguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    376
    Best to watch on Twitter as this place has been a wasteland of info since Zeph left us. Fact is they hardly pay us any mind at all here these days.
    Quoting Crasher; "You're really not even trying, anymore."

    Really lad it is just a lack of consideration and communication as always. In the larger scheme of things their customers do not matter.

  3. #3
    Member crasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Fireguard View Post
    Best to watch on Twitter as this place has been a wasteland of info since Zeph left us. Fact is they hardly pay us any mind at all here these days.
    It makes you wonder why Gamigo bought the I.P. rights, if they're just going to let the game autopilot into a mountainside.

    Maybe TRION had something other than DEFI in the stable that Gamigo wanted instead, and Trion told them to just take it all?

    I have to shamefully admit that I love this game's premise and the whole concept of the storyline (plus the graphics and physics are what I'm looking for in a game) enough that if Gamigo would just SUPPORT the game - I'd be all in.
    I pay a subscription to ESO annually, because that game has new content and maps added all the time.

    If Gamigo would just stop sitting on their hands, as TRION did previously, and add maps as well thought out as what the original devs designed, and graphical content in line with what the original devs put together - I'd be all in here, and I'd be perfectly willing to pay a sub here, instead.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

    NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

  4. #4
    Member WhiteStrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    [2050]PC-EU (Inactive)
    Posts
    3,762
    Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    It makes you wonder why Gamigo bought the I.P. rights, if they're just going to let the game autopilot into a mountainside.

    Maybe TRION had something other than DEFI in the stable that Gamigo wanted instead, and Trion told them to just take it all?

    I have to shamefully admit that I love this game's premise and the whole concept of the storyline (plus the graphics and physics are what I'm looking for in a game) enough that if Gamigo would just SUPPORT the game - I'd be all in.
    I pay a subscription to ESO annually, because that game has new content and maps added all the time.

    If Gamigo would just stop sitting on their hands, as TRION did previously, and add maps as well thought out as what the original devs designed, and graphical content in line with what the original devs put together - I'd be all in here, and I'd be perfectly willing to pay a sub here, instead.
    They likely bought Trion due to Trove. Trove's by far the most successful Trion IP.
    Defiance is gone. Gamigo has been "not neglecting" the game for over a year, yet there's nothing new except for low effort arkfalls and bitshop items.
    I know it might be hard to quit a game you loved for years but you have to understand that it won't get better. Ever. If you like the game in it's current state, then sure, keep playing it. You're enjoying yourself after all. But if you aren't, don't hope for a better future for Defiance. Because it won't come.


    Spoiler:


  5. #5
    Member crasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    They likely bought Trion due to Trove. Trove's by far the most successful Trion IP.
    Thanks for that.
    I don't play games like Minecraft/Trove, they're not on my radar, so I didn't even give it a thought.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

    NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

  6. #6
    Member KevinVonBach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Slime Climb
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    It makes you wonder why Gamigo bought the I.P. rights, if they're just going to let the game autopilot into a mountainside.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Show me a game from the same segment range that doesn’t lose its audience after 7 years of existence."
    Warframe: "Hold our beer."
    Imagine peddling bit store trash rather than fixing the game in 2020.

  7. #7
    Member Sal Fireguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    It makes you wonder why Gamigo bought the I.P. rights, if they're just going to let the game autopilot into a mountainside.
    Autopilot into a Mountainside is exactly what I am seeing... We have lost the people who could fix bugs, make new content, communicate and more. Gamigo does not seem to want to support this platform in any way from where I sit.

    Looks very strongly like the writing is on the wall. It all pretty much fell flat when Zeph left as he was our last line of support.

    Maybe I am not seeing this correctly. If so maybe one of the devs or a real company rep and not some CM can come share a different perspective. Though to be fair I have to say that really there has been a total lack of any real communication on this platform since the buy out. So I do not see any new communication happening now.
    Quoting Crasher; "You're really not even trying, anymore."

    Really lad it is just a lack of consideration and communication as always. In the larger scheme of things their customers do not matter.

  8. #8
    Member KevinVonBach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Slime Climb
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Fireguard View Post
    So I do not see any new communication happening now.
    Likewise... which was another fabrication.

    And here we all are, after all this time... not even a sliver of "improved communication".
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Show me a game from the same segment range that doesn’t lose its audience after 7 years of existence."
    Warframe: "Hold our beer."
    Imagine peddling bit store trash rather than fixing the game in 2020.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Fireguard View Post
    Autopilot into a Mountainside is exactly what I am seeing... We have lost the people who could fix bugs, make new content, communicate and more. Gamigo does not seem to want to support this platform in any way from where I sit.

    Looks very strongly like the writing is on the wall. It all pretty much fell flat when Zeph left as he was our last line of support.

    Maybe I am not seeing this correctly. If so maybe one of the devs or a real company rep and not some CM can come share a different perspective. Though to be fair I have to say that really there has been a total lack of any real communication on this platform since the buy out. So I do not see any new communication happening now.
    Politely, I disagree as an Ark Universal Traveler. It's The Few Advertising Dialogues Of Discussions, Suggestions, And Advice, as if It's Speak for Defiance Universal Community, Who've Yet To Understand Defiance Universal, But Yet Want A Communication Network with the Ark Grand Hall, A Network The Few's Never Been Interested In Establishing, But Reading Their ABC's Credentials, One Would Be Under The Assumption, Vocabulary's Interested...

    (And There's Plenty Of Trails In Discussion's Puddings If Thoughtfulness Following.)

  10. #10
    Member Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    seattle wa usa
    Posts
    7,161
    Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    It makes you wonder why Gamigo bought the I.P. rights, if they're just going to let the game autopilot into a mountainside.

    Maybe TRION had something other than DEFI in the stable that Gamigo wanted instead, and Trion told them to just take it all?

    I have to shamefully admit that I love this game's premise and the whole concept of the storyline (plus the graphics and physics are what I'm looking for in a game) enough that if Gamigo would just SUPPORT the game - I'd be all in.
    I pay a subscription to ESO annually, because that game has new content and maps added all the time.

    If Gamigo would just stop sitting on their hands, as TRION did previously, and add maps as well thought out as what the original devs designed, and graphical content in line with what the original devs put together - I'd be all in here, and I'd be perfectly willing to pay a sub here, instead.
    Nailed it as is the usual Crash Man.

    I've learned to love the game for whatever I can get out of it anymore. For all the same reasons you do.

    These are not the days for creativity but raw profit it seems. Who knew horse armor would end up like this?

    No room at all in the budget for thoughtful creativity based content.

    Hey at least Cooper has the same voice all the way through now...
    1.05 shotgun mag boost? REALLY?
    PC/NA&EU, too many toons to list.
    "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."- Jayne Cobb.
    "Daredevil"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts