+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: any news about new event

Quote Originally Posted by Poestis View Post
    You said you had 1000 rep with each faction, 1000 rep with each faction isn't max rank, max rank is 1500 rep at Rank 8 each faction including Tarr and Echelon. Have you had every faction at 1500 at once? I am just curious too because my friend says he has a screenshot of it but has never showed me, lol. I think it was a inside joke, or a way to him to believe people would quit the game if they knew otherwise, but I really have no idea because my Echelon and Tarr are the only one's yet to be maxed.

no you didn't understung . you didn't read from the begenning

i have rank 8 (max rep i think) with all of them except echelon rank 5 and paradise ( dont know because exist only in events)

I have 1000"s of each faction money.

talking max rep by max rank and i think rank 8 is the max or its bugged with me
    PS4/EU
    sisqo32
    clan FR
    assault/engIneer

Keep in mind it's only a game

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarran View Post
    Love it, Light Energy... nice research there.
    Thanks

I'd known Bonesaw was back. One of my conversations with Zephkial, he shared he'd given a highly sought after directive to Bonesaw to add some movement speed to Engineer. Which is both fun and was quite useful tracking down Motherload... and providing entertainment value to friends of mine who watched me zoom into place for shots on ML only to watch ML's hammer back swing send me flying time and time again.
    Aha . Yes, that ability is fun and quite handy at times. That is a downside of this class system (not being able to mix and match perks / abilities): I have Blur on most loadouts in classic Defiance, but I wouldn't want the Assault class on every loadout in 2050 just for the speed ability ... so the feature in the Engineer class is appreciated.

You show Ben Wang was one of the few who were retained.
    Erm ... I'm not sure Ben Wang was actually retained. His profile says he is still with Trion, so I think that just needs to be updated .

There may be more, and it's encouraging to see Gamigo recognizing those programmer's value to Trion's former products.
    Yes, well at least they should have some experience with the code and know their way around it. Having a fresh pair of eyes can have its advantages, but it can also mean a lot of time is needed to get acquainted with the code.

So, yes... I understand your point, LE, there's more of a team involved in any project you don't see.
    Indeed ... and few people ever talk of them.

In deference to Rarnok, he earned my recognition with being more forthcoming with useful information for years on the livestreams, when there also was a clear tendency to withhold answers to our questions.
    Yes, I get that. But he was one of the few allowed on camera ... it's like the Programming Team was locked away in the Trion basement . They might have been able to provide more insight if given the opportunity .

Unfortunately, introducing other members of the team on those livestreams kinda fell flat at times, since not everyone's programming skills adapt well to discussion with customers on a livestream...
    Yeah ... but that is why having several people on the livestream helps . And maybe if they had more practice ... the other members might have become more at ease with it.

In a related topic, some game dev companies regularly list each bug fix or tweak to coded behaviors on every patch note. It's easier to acknowledge the activity of the programmers efforts behind the scenes and garner some credibility for the company when detailed patch notes are released.
    Ah, that sounds good. It's nice if there is some kind of acknowledgement and traceability. It reminds me of those little notes you get with some products where it says "packed by [packer's name]" .

Trion's and now Gamigo's take on patch notes still seems to be silence is better, as if they never wish to acknowledge there was a problem at all. I've recommended in the past, and now... that they re-evaluate that stance... that they'd look better by acknowleding the efforts of their 'silent' programmers by doing so.
    Ah yes. More comprehensive patch notes would be nice, with fewer stealth changes. I would have thought that they must log changes internally anyway (for their own records).

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    The investors insist any money coming in to 'run' the game gets diverted into more projects that generate NEW income, and less or none to fixing existing content.

Sounds like a house of cards if you ask me. Especially for a free to play game. Warframe bug fixes everything every update, and listen to their existing customers. The new Warframe Grendel that eats enemies and rolls around as a giant fat ball smashing enemies coming out soon in the next update was actually almost entirely my idea on their forum I posted a year and a half ago. Through this listening they have a great flow of new players, revenue and constant new content, so they are set. Defiance 2050 isn't set, as far as I can see. I quit Red Dead Redemption Online when all the content they were coming out with was only competitive, they weren't listening to their base audience, who are mainly ALL Coop kind of people.
    Defiance Corps (2050)
    Clan Co-Leader
    Poestis - Bauchie

In game type: /played
    Power Rank 5000 in 21 days played time.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Sounds like a house of cards if you ask me. Especially for a free to play game. Warframe bug fixes everything every update, and listen to their existing customers. The new Warframe Grendel that eats enemies and rolls around as a giant fat ball smashing enemies coming out soon in the next update was actually almost entirely my idea on their forum I posted a year and a half ago. Through this listening they have a great flow of new players, revenue and constant new content, so they are set. Defiance 2050 isn't set, as far as I can see. I quit Red Dead Redemption Online when all the content they were coming out with was only competitive, they weren't listening to their base audience, who are mainly ALL Coop kind of people.
    There was an article I read months ago when I was looking into online discussions about who was on the board of directors Vs investors in the game we play.

It was about how Defiance IP had been leveraged several times to try to bring new money in for another shot at development and restructuring after several attempts to turn a profit.

I can't recall the search terms I used, but the take-away was that more and more shares had been let out to investors until they ended up owing more money being disbursed to the investors based on repayment schedules than the game was bringing in, and explained how staff was being trimmed regularly hoping to weather the financial storm until they were able to right the ship.

Apparently that never happened, and they had to divest the IP to pay back the investors.

My personal view is that the game should never have been released using the 'buy once, play forever for free' model, and if subscriptions had been the initial model - there would have been enough money in the monthly income to have allowed them to keep the lions share of the devs who were let go after release and before all the loose threads in the code were finalized after release.

The release schedule was a hard date, and they had decided (as is common practice in much business) to 'release it now, and tie up the unfinished stuff towards the end of the story progression before the gaming player based got to that point', but that became impossible after the release and massive developer purge.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 31XX main, I have others, but since there's no trading - I put my other 3 2050 accounts and multiple 'toons (4 accounts, 8 'toons in total) on hold.

You said you had 1000 rep with each faction, 1000 rep with each faction isn't max rank, max rank is 1500 rep at Rank 8 each faction including Tarr and Echelon. Have you had every faction at 1500 at once? I am just curious too because my friend says he has a screenshot of it but has never showed me, lol. I think it was a inside joke, or a way to him to believe people would quit the game if they knew otherwise, but I really have no idea because my Echelon and Tarr are the only one's yet to be maxed.
    I have max rank in everything, and I can tell you that you can't just go out there and buy some OJ of your choice. It's still the same: you can buy the vendor max rank package, which offers a random possibility of getting a random OJ weapon/shield of that vendor type.

The chance to get an OJ instead of purple seems to be about 15-20% (never collected stats, that's just a gut feeling), and then you get a random weapon. So for example, if you want an OJ M249, you go to top-notch vendor, spend 120 on package, and then there's 15-20% chance your weapon will be OJ, and then you get a random weapon type, so about 1/12 to get your choice of m249. So it's a total crapshoot, about a 1-3% chance you'll get what you want. And then the gun might be 5 stars only and the bonus might be good or not.

If you're trying for a fortified rebel, it's even worse. You get the same 15-20% chance to get OJ. Then 50% to get fortified (other 50% are Invigorated). Then there's the PR of the shield, which will be between 4951 and 5000 (assuming your PR is 5k). So that's a 2% chance to get 5k shield. Add it all up, and it's a minuscule one fifth of a percent chance you'll get a 5k OJ fortified rebel.

In other word, rep vendor are worth diddly squat. Don't bother with the weeklies, other than the grid weekly if your MP is below 100 or if your grid matrix isn't mostly filled with polished or better.

The paradise vendor has outfits and protos, so it's the only type or rep worth anything.

+ Reply to Thread