+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2050 PvP: Rockets

This post is from a PC perspective and focuses only on the PvP aspect of the game.

Rockets are the easiest weapons to use in PvP. While they have travel time, they also have a massive blast radius that makes dealing damage not difficult.
    The problem with rockets is the wide AoE mixed with their very high damage per shot. If you don't play D2050 PvP but played D13 PvP, for context just picture the DC-7 Swimming Swan in pre-crit PvP but with a bigger mag, higher fire rate and much bigger blast radius.

Rockets are a weapon that deals high damage but doesn't have an aim requirement: anyone can just pick up a rocket and do well by shooting at the ground near a player.

You might say "By that logic wouldn't detonators be overpowered as well?". And the answer is "No", as Detonators have much lower blast radius, have a projectile curve and deal much less damage than rockets. Detonators should be the baseline for explosives in PvP as they're actually balanced (Except for the Pumpkin Patch and the Nexus, due to their terrible screenshake and FX respectively).

My suggestion is the following: reduce the Blast Radius of rockets in PvP by 60% so that it is lower than Detonators, to compensate for their high damage and straight flying rockets. They would still excel at flushing out people from behind cover as their Blast Radius would still allow for that, and they'd still deal very good damage if you shoot close to someone.
    Jump really high!

If you ever believe the Blast Rifle/Tempest is a fair weapon:

the reason you feel the rockets are op . is 2050's bad design .in d13 the reason this isnt a issue is because we can add the perk blast shield , we cant do that in 2050? what didnt you bring up the nades? they have the same exact same issues as rockets ?

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    the reason you feel the rockets are op . is 2050's bad design .in d13 the reason this isnt a issue is because we can add the perk blast shield , we cant do that in 2050? what didnt you bring up the nades? they have the same exact same issues as rockets ?
    Guardian has Shrug Off which is essentially blast shield. And it's not enough to reduce rockets's power since their Blast Radius is so big. Much bigger than their D13 counterparts btw.

Nades can't be thrown 2+ times a second every second.
    Jump really high!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    Guardian has Shrug Off which is essentially blast shield. And it's not enough to reduce rockets's power since their Blast Radius is so big. Much bigger than their D13 counterparts btw.

Nades can't be thrown 2+ times a second every second.
    infinite nades,and radius is a bit extreme . not all classes have that perk. just like not all classes dont have heal stims. to me the radius is the same . we just dont have the damage reduction perks like in d13.

This post is from a PC perspective and focuses only on the PvP aspect of the game.

Rockets are the easiest weapons to use in PvP. While they have travel time, they also have a massive blast radius that makes dealing damage not difficult.
    The problem with rockets is the wide AoE mixed with their very high damage per shot. If you don't play D2050 PvP but played D13 PvP, for context just picture the DC-7 Swimming Swan in pre-crit PvP but with a bigger mag, higher fire rate and much bigger blast radius.

Rockets are a weapon that deals high damage but doesn't have an aim requirement: anyone can just pick up a rocket and do well by shooting at the ground near a player.

You might say "By that logic wouldn't detonators be overpowered as well?". And the answer is "No", as Detonators have much lower blast radius, have a projectile curve and deal much less damage than rockets. Detonators should be the baseline for explosives in PvP as they're actually balanced (Except for the Pumpkin Patch and the Nexus, due to their terrible screenshake and FX respectively).

My suggestion is the following: reduce the Blast Radius of rockets in PvP by 60% so that it is lower than Detonators, to compensate for their high damage and straight flying rockets. They would still excel at flushing out people from behind cover as their Blast Radius would still allow for that, and they'd still deal very good damage if you shoot close to someone.
    The same reason why you have trouble with hackers is the same reason why you made this post, your style of play. I once suggested to you to play more aggressive you once said that doesn't work on PC. I have no doubt that you are truly skilled but are you a great killer meaning can you overcome other players tactics by just killing them? Until you set aside your pure skills for the power to kill you will always have the same problems.

Quote Originally Posted by AZRA2050 View Post
    The same reason why you have trouble with hackers is the same reason why you made this post, your style of play.
    Dude, what? Are you saying that my style of play is what gets me killed by someone flying under the map firing aimbotting with a bolt action sniper rifle firing faster than a tachmag pulser?

I once suggested to you to play more aggressive you once said that doesn't work on PC. I have no doubt that you are truly skilled but are you a great killer meaning can you overcome other players tactics by just killing them? Until you set aside your pure skills for the power to kill you will always have the same problems.
    The only playstyle that works decently against rockets is staying at near render distance and sniping the rocket users. Rockets dominate every other range easily except super close range. And nothing says the rocket user can't carry a shotgun to deal with that weakness.
    Jump really high!

Dude, what? Are you saying that my style of play is what gets me killed by someone flying under the map firing aimbotting with a bolt action sniper rifle firing faster than a tachmag pulser?

The only playstyle that works decently against rockets is staying at near render distance and sniping the rocket users. Rockets dominate every other range easily except super close range. And nothing says the rocket user can't carry a shotgun to deal with that weakness.
    I am telling you what worked for me, if you want we can have a private discussion on this matter. This was my final reply to this thread.

I am telling you what worked for me, if you want we can have a private discussion on this matter. This was my final reply to this thread.
    Alright, I'll send you a PM.
    Jump really high!

Alright, I'll send you a PM.
    mashing the jump button .

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    mashing the jump button .
    The biggest radius RLs have 6.0 meters blast radius that can be increased with rolls and mods. That's 3 times the height of the player character. The only thing that can jump that high is the Super Blitz.
    Jump really high!

+ Reply to Thread