Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fenian View Post
    I love how they announce that the server will be down for 10 HOURS....but no reason why. Surely they arent incompetent enough to actually need 10 freakin hours for maintenance.

FYI erinnyes....WE.....the people you see on these forums, and the ones that still remain loyal to the game and play it with its many, many, many flaws, are also part of the "Defiance Team." That is something I think Trion, and now you and Gamigo repeatedly keep forgetting.
    I have a feeling it will be for moving the servers to the cloud platform. Only reason I can think of for listing it as 10 hour downtime, when the 2nd highest pre-determined downtime was 6 hours for EU...updates and that have usually been listed as 4 hours, with sometimes taking more (or less) to go through.
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Quote Originally Posted by alienstookmybeer View Post
    Sounds like it's time for the great migration to amazon servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guider View Post
    I have a feeling it will be for moving the servers to the cloud platform.
    Yep ... most likely migration to the Gamigo Cloud Platform. That's the most obvious reason for such a long expected downtime.

Only reason I can think of for listing it as 10 hour downtime, when the 2nd highest pre-determined downtime was 6 hours for EU...updates and that have usually been listed as 4 hours, with sometimes taking more (or less) to go through.
    PC might be done in the 6 hours (like the estimated downtime for EU) ... but then Xbox One and PS4 have some extra steps, which explain the subsequent delays for those platforms, as mentioned here:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?326340-Downtime-Defiance-2050-PC-PS4-XB1-EU-ONLY.-Network-Maintenance

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackIceWidow1 View Post
    10 hours is a long time. Can you please tell us what is being done to the game in this 10 span?
    They have to peel the data bits off the DAT, polish them, and re-glue them to the tape.
    It has to be done one-by-one, or else somebody will mix 'em up.
    It's really very intensive work.

Remember those old sci/fi movies, in the computer room?
    Blinking lights and spinning mag tape reels?
    And then there would be smoke and showers of sparks?

Yeah, thats what happens if you glue the data bits back on in the wrong order.

Don't ask me how I know this,
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

I have a feeling it will be for moving the servers to the cloud platform. Only reason I can think of for listing it as 10 hour downtime, when the 2nd highest pre-determined downtime was 6 hours for EU...updates and that have usually been listed as 4 hours, with sometimes taking more (or less) to go through.

I had thought this was already done.......but again it would have been better to have been told this by the gd CM instead of some vague bs.
    Liam Devlin - Leader/Chaos Crew D50

"To boldy go where no fist has gone before"

5.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #15
    Hey guys,

The maintenance will start in 30 minutes.

Will keep you updated!

Quote Originally Posted by erinnyes View Post
    Hey guys,

The maintenance will start in 30 minutes.

Will keep you updated!
    good luck with the maintenance. I hope all goes well. ^_^
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fenian View Post
    I love how they announce that the server will be down for 10 HOURS....but no reason why. Surely they arent incompetent enough to actually need 10 freakin hours for maintenance.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Why add content to either game when people routinely gamble on bit store trash? 4Head

My God, this made me play D13 again after a long time of absence... I never thought I'd say this but I hate D13 now.
    Get the D50 servers up quickly you godless heathens.
    Terror on D50 PC NA

Raay Charles on D13 PC NA
    Walking Terror on D13 PS3 NA

So,
    Where are the notes on why your product is going to be out of service for so long?
    If it contains any information on bug fixes, than I don't mind.
    Otherwise...there are systemic problems at your end.
    PC/NA
    Clan:
    Triade Toons: Tesla Whitenoise, Tex Arcana, AJ Katastrovich.
    "The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down. Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee".

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Superior View Post
    So,
    Where are the notes on why your product is going to be out of service for so long?
    If it contains any information on bug fixes, than I don't mind.
    Otherwise...there are systemic problems at your end.
    There is none! Everything is so secretive here! Not sure why they can't tell us what is actually happening in this ten hour operation. There is some speculation they are moving the servers to there cloudbase platform.
    CLAN: LEGENDARY GUNS

Closed Thread