+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Clarity needed over twitter posts for defiance 2050

I would like some clarity over the confusing Twitter posts that are being posted for Defiance2050 game

1... The attached screenshot .... Does this exclude those on PC ?

2... Can you confirm that everything posted on that Twitter account is for DEFIANCE 2050 game only and not the original Defiance Game?

3... Can you update the DEFIANCE FORUMS - and post links for these TWITTER posts so that you maximise the full social network of the game? Also - updated FACEBOOK for DEFIANCE 2050 would be useful too, as many players use different forms of looking for information on the game.

4... Look forward to the 3 social platforms being updated in the future at the same time. Thanks.

https://flic.kr/p/2h2iRYr

I'm confused as to why they asked me: "how would you improve the game" over Twitter a few days back.

Sounds like a developer problem to me, I never claimed to have that kind of knowledge.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    I'm confused as to why they asked me: "how would you improve the game" over Twitter a few days back.

Sounds like a developer problem to me, I never claimed to have that kind of knowledge.
    I'm sure they value your opinion, as a seasoned traveler...

These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    I'm sure they value your opinion, as a seasoned traveler...

How to improve 2050?

Well lets start with some much needed bug fixes. There is plenty to do here and it would not all have to happen at once. Especially if there was some signs of things getting fixed. It would provide hope that the platform is going to be here for the long term. But not just one bug fix and forget the rest. This would need to be an ongoing process so that people will see that it is moving in the right direction.

Opening up the maps again. Not just opening the maps again but showing that there is more functionality like the devs said there would be as they reopened those. We know it will be some amount of work adding those new functions but you have to start somewhere or it will never happen at all. Get the maps reopened and add as you go.

Bring back in the other known enemy groups. We need more to do.

We do not need forty two million more crap weapons added. Yes I know some folks get off on having that huge collection of weapons but we have most everything we will need already. More than anyone will use. I certainly see no point in burst weapons and the like for instance. Streamline the experience a bit and maybe then balancing weapons will be an easier task. Just a thought.

Fix the drive ability of the vehicles. I have pointed out over the years that a heavy vehicle should not be affected by body english for instance where a quad may have to have some. If your not familiar use both the keyboard and the mouse to control your car. The mouse controls not only where you look but body english on the vehicle lean front to back. Totally unrealistic. Yet to counter steering and physics issues with the cars you have to use them or you are dealing with worse issues of the vehicles steering themselves in unexpected and weird ways.

We won't even go into the fact you can hit a tree or a rock and nothing happens other than you are stopped or bounce off them. But go forbid you hit a chicken as you will die in a fireball. I know that this was done to fix what happened at arkfalls but there has to be a better solution. Tarr races are so totally frustrating when you can't complete them due to these issues. Either that or get rid of the races. But we know that will never happen.

PvP... Well now we get to my biggest pet peave. PvP players complaints have caused us all grief in losing our best weapons to achieve a better balance for them. There is a way to fix this by having only two weapons usable in PvP period. Both will be balanced so that all players in PvP have the same abilities so it is up to player skill alone to win or lose. However gutting all the weapons for the few players who play PvP is a horrid fix when the majority of players will never play in PvP. This also creates a total nightmare for the devs to try and make a consistent balance on all the weapons for the few players who whine constantly about PvP imbalances.

Of course you can always just kill off PvP and get rid of the complaints and headaches all together LOL.

Finish creating new story-line. The Grid was off to a shaky start and then forgotten. There is so much more work that can be done there. The Grid is just one group that could use a good or at least better story-line.

Holiday events are great but really at this point that is all we have. When the Events are over and it is back to the grind, there is so little else to do once your at a higher level then most players are bored and leave.

You know it is easy to ask how to improve things but we have all answered these things over and over and it seems to fall on deaf ears. Which take me back to my primary complaint of lack of communication to the players on what is happening. We can forgive a lot and usually do. However what we can not abide is the silence. When folks are left in the dark they can imagine all sorts of bad things going on. When none of them may even have any basis in reality. We used to have better communications but now we have nothing. You can draw your own conclusions.

I am sure there is plenty I have not mentioned that needs addressed but anything here on this list is a start in the right directions. I will leave you all to take it from here.
    Quoting Crasher; "You're really not even trying, anymore."

Really lad it is just a lack of consideration and communication as always. In the larger scheme of things their customers do not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Fireguard View Post
    You know it is easy to ask how to improve things but we have all answered these things over and over and it seems to fall on deaf ears. Which take me back to my primary complaint of lack of communication to the players on what is happening. We can forgive a lot and usually do. However what we can not abide is the silence. When folks are left in the dark they can imagine all sorts of bad things going on. When none of them may even have any basis in reality. We used to have better communications but now we have nothing.
    Honestly, couldn't have said it better myself. Well done!

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Regarding PvP:
    Rather than nerf our weapons in PvE to satisfy PvP users - they should (with a disclaimer notice when entering PvP) just put a multiplication modifier on weapons going into PvP.
    Any weapons fine for PvE but OP in PvP ought have a .5 or .7 damage modifier added when entering PvP.

Simple, cheap, easy.

The crying could stay with anyone who wanted to nerf PvE players.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post

To be fair that is the social media team. They are just trying to keep people talking about the game. Its not like the devs are asking those questions.
    Xbox One
    Gamertag:SouthSide Stev0
    Character: Alyssia Hawklight(power level 46xx)
    Character2: Mariska(power level 30xx)
    Clan: ogs

XBOX360 (Pre ordered) NA
    Gamertag: SouthSide Stev0 (formerly: smurfsn1p3r4eva)
    Character: Alyssia
    Clan: (Former Founder of ATLiens (actually from Atlanta),
    (Current member of) II FALLEN II
    EGO: 5392
    Yes, I am a guy, that uses a female character. She has been around since Diablo(1996), and I have no intentions of retiring her, just because some of you men are scared you will get virtual cooties.

I am an admin on the defiance 2050 community club we are the #1 club for all your defiance needs on Xbox one.Come join us, we don't allow drama, or negativity towards our members.

Reputation is everything.

If they can make sure you only drive one vehicle in PVP then they can limit the weapons you use as well. As far as I can tell it is that or close PvP.
    Quoting Crasher; "You're really not even trying, anymore."

Really lad it is just a lack of consideration and communication as always. In the larger scheme of things their customers do not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    To be fair that is the social media team. They are just trying to keep people talking about the game. Its not like the devs are asking those questions.
    This is very true!
    CLAN: LEGENDARY GUNS

+ Reply to Thread