Is that the new event? ZOR?
    https://twitter.com/DefianceGame/sta...46663498297346

if yes when ? any news?

thanks to all
    PS4/EU
    sisqo32
    clan FR
    assault/engIneer

That looks more like Old Defiance rather than 2050. Lack of outfit definition, Blur, and swords...
    Quoting Crasher; "You're really not even trying, anymore."

Really lad it is just a lack of consideration and communication as always. In the larger scheme of things their customers do not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Fireguard View Post
    That looks more like Old Defiance rather than 2050. Lack of outfit definition, Blur, and swords...

THIS IS EXACTLY what we were talking about in the other thread about how both games get mixed in the media... It's under the Defiance 2050 account but it doesn't say the hashtag for it, so I don't even know if it's for the old or the new. Common.
    Defiance Corps (2050)
    Clan Co-Leader
    Poestis - Bauchie

In game type: /played
    Power Rank 5000 in 21 days played time.

DEFIANCE 2050 XBOX ONE/PC/STEAM DEFIANCE D13 XBOX 360/PC/STEAM
    This is a d13 picture! Pretty bootleg if you as me! These teasers are the worst!
    CLAN: LEGENDARY GUNS

they tagged MidsummerMutinyEvent is that a d13 event ?
    unfortunately i never played D13
    PS4/EU
    sisqo32
    clan FR
    assault/engIneer

Hopefully Zor wont be invulnerable 90% of the time when he's outside the Arkfall Wreckage arena. It can be pretty annoying.

Midsummer Mutiny is a D13 event but it could come to us at some point.

Zor is not invulnerable 90% of the time but his decoys are. Look for the differences in the sword color on his decoys to see when they change. However Zor can be damaged even if his decoys can't.
    Quoting Crasher; "You're really not even trying, anymore."

Really lad it is just a lack of consideration and communication as always. In the larger scheme of things their customers do not matter.

To help clarify things: reading this thread, it seems new players (who have never played original Defiance) might be getting confused by other players saying "it looks like old Defiance".
    Practically all 2050 events have the same name as events in original Defiance, and they are often inspired by them .

Midsummer Mutiny in original Defiance has Dark Matter ... along with Enforcers and Bulwarks etc. It did not have Commander Zor.

From the recent tweet, I would guess they have created a new version of Midsummer Mutiny for 2050 ... which has Zor and his clones at the event finals (something which has never happened before ).

This would follow on from the new Motherlode event we had for 99 Problems in 2050, where we had this big boss in the open world for the first time (he never went in the open world in original Defiance [at least, not on the live servers ]).

I asked Mobi last night and he has confirmed it is also for PCNA and PCEU.
    He has asked them to include hashtags on twitter for both PC servers.

Also confusion like this is happening. which is why I asked for clarity on my post re Twitter and social network sites to be sorted out.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-defiance-2050

Quote Originally Posted by Ctss3xxy View Post
    I asked Mobi last night and he has confirmed it is also for PCNA and PCEU.
    He has asked them to include hashtags on twitter for both PC servers.

Also confusion like this is happening. which is why I asked for clarity on my post re Twitter and social network sites to be sorted out.
    Official clarification is always nice .

If one tries to go by the Twitter hashtags alone, it might indeed be confusing at times.
    This and the character limit are just some of the reasons I don't like using social media like Twitter .
    In the "old days" it was easier to wait for more concrete details to be put on the forum by the Defiance Team.

Regarding the issue of whether events etc will be put on PC or not: based on my limited knowledge of how things work on the Dev Team's end and experience with Defiance ... I would logically assume (and therefore acknowledge is it only an assumption) that:

An event will always be run on both PC and consoles (until if and when Gamigo changes this!).

They are highly unlikely to skip PC, because:
    1) The do all the development on PC.
    2) Their internal servers are for PC.
    3) PTS was PC only (i.e. this testing period is only available for PC).
    4) They try to keep all platforms and regions* for a particular version of Defiance the same and in sync (as much as possible, presumably because it's easier to maintain only one version of the code).
    *These are: PC, PS4 and Xbox One for 2050 or PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 for original Defiance.

Of course, there may be some exceptions at different times. Consoles may have some delays with certification sometimes ... or problems with particular consoles may cause delays and require extensions.

At the moment, as far as I am concerned, Twitter seems to be mainly replacing the role of the livestreams in terms of trying to build hype. Sure, it's nice to have a sneak-peek of future events and whatnot ... but personally, I like to wait for full, more comprehensive announcements and / or patch notes ... even though these are usually only published on the first day of the event (or later).
    It would be cool if we had an official forum announcement, a few days or maybe 1 week prior to an event, with more details (where they are not restricted by the character limit).

+ Reply to Thread