+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Your connection to the Defiance servers has timed out

    PC NA on Saturday 5:40 pm est. I load into the character selection screen just fine, but after pressing play it gives this message and won't let me into the game.

  2. #2
    Member Mitch909's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    KTAM Radio
    Posts
    38
    Having same issue. 15:45 mountain time, PC NA. Cannot connect after logging in through Glyph.
    PC/NA, D2050, IGN - Freddy Freenbeen, Clan - Triade

  3. #3
    same at 1845 eastern.
    Liam Devlin - Leader/Chaos Crew D50

    "To boldy go where no fist has gone before"

  4. #4
    Me also 6:56PM EST

  5. #5
    Same issue... I was able to login for a few minutes, but was disconnected within minutes around 1-2 pm Pacific and while able to login to character select... unable to load my character into the game. I tried for 15-20 minutes and gave up.

    Been trying again around 8:30 pm pacific and same bloody thing.


    I understand it's Labor Day weekend... and while the servers are clearly up and running from crasher's post in a general 2050 thread today... it's not clear whether anyone's responsible for monitoring and resolving this, this weekend.

    I'm aware whether the servers are up and running is monitored, but this issue has been occurring since the migration to the new cloud servers (assuming that's indeed what happened ~2 weeks ago during the overnight 12+ hour downtime)... and clearly it's not fixed and it doesn't appear anyone is able to monitor this situation.

    ... or, perhaps there really is nothing they can do to resolve this whenever it crops up until the actual bug is found and fixed.

    2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylarran View Post
    Same issue... I was able to login for a few minutes, but was disconnected within minutes around 1-2 pm Pacific and while able to login to character select... unable to load my character into the game. I tried for 15-20 minutes and gave up.

    Been trying again around 8:30 pm pacific and same bloody thing.


    I understand it's Labor Day weekend... and while the servers are clearly up and running from crasher's post in a general 2050 thread today... it's not clear whether anyone's responsible for monitoring and resolving this, this weekend.

    I'm aware whether the servers are up and running is monitored, but this issue has been occurring since the migration to the new cloud servers (assuming that's indeed what happened ~2 weeks ago during the overnight 12+ hour downtime)... and clearly it's not fixed and it doesn't appear anyone is able to monitor this situation.

    ... or, perhaps there really is nothing they can do to resolve this whenever it crops up until the actual bug is found and fixed.

    our dear friend baaasdhi has confirmed its working on fubar'd shard, as well. RIP d50...its been a fun ride.
    Liam Devlin - Leader/Chaos Crew D50

    "To boldy go where no fist has gone before"

  7. #7
    My connection has been timed out now for over 12 hours -- after a recent extensive down time for supposed server update and reboot - yet again more of the SAME OLD SAME OLD -- Got servers that can not handle the load of a North America long weekend -- guess the set up for a game that is not yet 2 years old is at best DISMAL !! -- 12 hour brown outs is inexcusable ---PERIOD--- Guess the question is --AM I EVER going to be able to get back on !!??? -- Just wondering!!!

  8. #8
    Member crasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Posts
    5,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefrastafru View Post
    My connection has been timed out now for over 12 hours -- after a recent extensive down time for supposed server update and reboot - yet again more of the SAME OLD SAME OLD -- Got servers that can not handle the load of a North America long weekend -- guess the set up for a game that is not yet 2 years old is at best DISMAL !! -- 12 hour brown outs is inexcusable ---PERIOD--- Guess the question is --AM I EVER going to be able to get back on !!??? -- Just wondering!!!
    Ask Amazon.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

    NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

  9.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #9
    Community Manager CM Selene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    101
    Hi all, Amazon being down has nothing to do with our issues. I just created a post on NA PC having login issues, I will update it as soon as I have more info: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-Issues-Sept-1

  10. #10
    Member crasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Posts
    5,596
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Selene View Post
    Hi all, Amazon being down has nothing to do with our issues. I just created a post on NA PC having login issues, I will update it as soon as I have more info: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-Issues-Sept-1
    OK, Fair enough, it was just coincidental with the AWS outage that affected other businesses at the same time.
    That puts the ball back in Gamigo's/TRION's court, again.

    So, who dropped the ball, and when can we be assured that this kind of stuff won't happen again because The Company is taking rapid steps towards insuring that this issue is covered in future by a procedure to guard against it?
    It's not an unreasonable request on our part.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

    NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts