+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Servers have been off all night - who is working in this game ?????

Hi guys - just to let you know

the servers have been down all night long ...... Even server reset did not work... And reset anything..

What the hell are you doing ?

Do you care about this game...

Not even any staff in defiance data discord that we can message - so weekends are messed up for anyone wanting to play this game....

I actually was busy last night - and had an early sleep but for the players who wanted to play - i feel sorry for......

But you have now probably turned away a lot of players because of your lack of interest or even presence - because who the hell is monitoring this game or the servers?

I do hope that this is not the only game that has gone down.. .because only when you find a dent in your income stream... Maybe you will take notice... That the new server / cloud deal you did ... Is a complete failure.........

Yup i am ranting - because i am so fed up....... Every day - you do not know what is going to happen in this game.....

Yep, not sure exactly when the issue started but I first noticed it at 15:45 Mountain Time yesterday so >15 hours ago. The "Game" server itself was still working, i.e. my main account/toon was logged in and playing right up to when I went to bed around 22:00 Mountain time, but was not able to login any other accounts. Now that the nightly reset has happened I cannot login at all. I think the "Game" services are probably fine. The Connection service seems to be down and out for 2050. Basically here is what I am seeing:
    1. login to Glyph
    2. PLAY
    3. Character Screen loads
    4. Play
    5. CRITICAL - Your connection the the Defiance servers has times out.
    I'm Updating 2013 and will see if it is working...
    ... D13 is up and working, shot a few hellbugs with Bombardier... miss that weapon, was my favorite, I hope it comes to 2050 some day (pretty please), ghost town in there though I jumped around to a few places and only ever saw one other player.
    UPDATE: Updated PS4 Def 2050 and it is working fine also. Seems to be a PC NA issue only.
    PC/NA, D2050, IGN - Freddy Freenbeen, Clan - Triade

Hello?
    Is anybody IN there?
    Just nod if you can hear me.
    Is there anyone home?
    PC/NA
    Clan:
    Triade Toons: Tesla Whitenoise, Tex Arcana, AJ Katastrovich.
    "The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down. Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee".

Still unable to connect... 19 hours+ and counting.... I would hope that Gamigo minimally extends all "time" based boosts purchased (I currently have skills boost purchased) and gives everyone a days worth of PG for this...

Same here. East coast has been down for about 48 hours now. Labor Day weekend. Maybe no one is working?

Tried again... almost 24 hours now, still cannot connect. Clearly second rate support, not one employee monitoring servers/forums to ensure that services are working and communicating status to customers. Extremely disappointment. I have stuck with this game through thick or thin but I think it is seriously time to consider moving on....

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch909 View Post
    Tried again... almost 24 hours now, still cannot connect. Clearly second rate support, not one employee monitoring servers/forums to ensure that services are working and communicating status to customers. Extremely disappointment. I have stuck with this game through thick or thin but I think it is seriously time to consider moving on....
    On the one hand - If AWS services are down, they technically are our link to the game itself, and Trion/Gamigo front end Glyph loader pass off our login to AWS.

On the other hand, there's little or no reason why Some of our CM support staff can't/don't work on days that others have off.
    Clearly there is no reason to have several people all CM to the same game forums (for example) and work exactly the same hours/days as each other while leaving NO ONE to work other days at all.

This is clearly above the heads of our CMs. They aren't the ones to set their hours and schedules.
    It is the suits in the infrastructure that runs TRION/Gamigo's oversight of the game that are responsible for the lack of communication.
    If the issue is indeed AWS, there should be SOME one at TRION/Gamigo to officially tell us that in a timely manner.
    That time has come and gone, we're now in actual finger-pointing mode for the failure of the companies to even address our issues with as little as an official statement, and they're failing miserably, again.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

I'd have to somewhat agree with crasher's prior statement.

While it seems clear this is on AWS, it's a bit sad no one from Gamigo's commented at all. It's not Labor Day weekend in Europe, it's just another normal weekend.

Does anyone have CM duties this weekend? Sure I don't expect you to fix the problem, but I'd like to know if you read the initial threads showing up yesterday reporting this problem, then turned around and PM'd someone in the US who's job it is to be monitoring the servers this weekend, so that someone in Austin or Chicago contacted AWS to find out when they plan to have the issue resolved. Then get that information back through the chain back to the CM who's job it is to chat with us this weekend... and you know... let us know what's going on and a time frame to anticipate a solution, if there is one.

Maybe that's happened. Maybe not. But yes, this is what I expect from a professional MMO gaming company... even for Defiance/2050... and seems the ball's been dropped, repeatedly, this weekend. Maybe it hasn't been, but we don't know... so don't be surprised if your professional ego's come back from this weekend sore with bruises from the community.

I'd like to think this is a learning opportunity for Gamigo... we'll see.

2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

Does anyone at the company even know things are down? I have to wonder. I was in Defiance 2013 today and that was glitchy as heck too. My day job is working with an enterprise monitoring solution that can send out alerts if anything is down, and tell where it is down. This is whether it is AWS, the servers Defiance runs on, even services, CPU, Memory issues, all of it. This isn't really a difficult thing guys. Monitoring means proactive alerting and an opportunity to serve your customers better and faster. There are many solutions for this out on the market. Take a look at SolarWinds.com or any of the other vendors out there. Get it done please! All of Trion/Gamigo is getting a BIG black eye with poor customer service here.

Chaos Crew: Char Rath, Tarl Trax in Defiance

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Char Rath View Post
    Does anyone at the company even know things are down? I have to wonder. I was in Defiance 2013 today and that was glitchy as heck too. My day job is working with an enterprise monitoring solution that can send out alerts if anything is down, and tell where it is down. This is whether it is AWS, the servers Defiance runs on, even services, CPU, Memory issues, all of it. This isn't really a difficult thing guys. Monitoring means proactive alerting and an opportunity to serve your customers better and faster. There are many solutions for this out on the market. Take a look at SolarWinds.com or any of the other vendors out there. Get it done please! All of Trion/Gamigo is getting a BIG black eye with poor customer service here.

Chaos Crew: Char Rath, Tarl Trax in Defiance
    Maybe they do the monitoring on their end, but either fixing or passing the relevant info down the chain isn't in their priority chain.

Other than that, I'm left continuing to believe that we, the 'customer' are just too low in the food chain to be taken into consideration at all.

Que será, será?
    Que será, será.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main