+ Reply to Thread

Community Manager message to your burning questions

Hi all,

I'd like to address some of the questions you guys have brought up regarding the Midsummer Mutiny event and other.

Why was Midsummer Mutiny postponed?
    As you all know, the event was planned to go live beginning of this month. During this time we had the Data Centre migration planned. This is a manual and delicate operation, during it some issues occurred. Some of these issues have already been addressed and some are currently being worked on. Due to this, the event had to be postponed.

So, is the event still happening?
    Yes, the event is for sure still going to be happening. We want to make sure that the event goes live in a smooth way so that you do not encounter any issues along the way. All I ask from you is patience, we wish as much as you to have the event live as soon as possible.

What is happening with Py'Numbra?
    We have heard your feedback about Py and we are working on your request to add items again. Though, we still do not have an ETA when the items will be available again on Py.

What's up with Xbox 360/NA?
    The server is experiencing latency issues affecting gameplay in many different ways. This is one of the issues we are currently working on but do not have a fix for yet. As you know, we recently moved to a new hardware infrastructure to increase performance - we are still working on a few things.

Thank you for your understanding during this time. If you have any other questions, please let us know and we will do our best to answer them.

Regards,
    The Defiance Team

Quote Originally Posted by erinnyes View Post

We have heard your feedback about Py and we are working on your request to add items again. Though, we still do not have an ETA when the items will be available again on Py.
    Thank you for this! All I wanted to know is if Py was dead or whatever. If it is going to be awhile before he gets something to sell can you please let us know on here so we can stop looking for him when he's empty?

Hi all,

I'd like to address some of the questions you guys have brought up regarding the Midsummer Mutiny event and other.

Why was Midsummer Mutiny postponed?
    As you all know, the event was planned to go live beginning of this month. During this time we had the Data Centre migration planned. This is a manual and delicate operation, during it some issues occurred. Some of these issues have already been addressed and some are currently being worked on. Due to this, the event had to be postponed.

Yes, the event is for sure still going to be happening. We want to make sure that the event goes live in a smooth way so that you do not encounter any issues along the way. All I ask from you is patience, we wish as much as you to have the event live as soon as possible.

What's up with Xbox 360/NA?
    The server is experiencing latency issues affecting gameplay in many different ways. This is one of the issues we are currently working on but do not have a fix for yet. As you know, we recently moved to a new hardware infrastructure to increase performance - we are still working on a few things.

Thank you for your understanding during this time. If you have any other questions, please let us know and we will do our best to answer them.

Regards,
    The Defiance Team

While I appreciate this post....this is something that should have appeared from the getgo. It tells us nothing that we already didn't know, but if this was told to us from the beginning it might have soothed alot of the ruffled feathers in the community. Prolly not...but it might have.

I would politely suggest that gamigo throw whatever they have at solving this problem asap before more people leave for good. Especially with the release of BL3.....this is a real issue.
    Liam Devlin - Leader/Chaos Crew D50

"To boldy go where no fist has gone before"

Hi all,

I'd like to address some of the questions you guys have brought up regarding the Midsummer Mutiny event and other...
    Thank you for this update . I am pleased to hear that our Py'Numbra feedback has been taken onboard.

Personally, I think we should have been told about the Data Centre migration from the start.
    IMHO players should be told about important changes like that which might affect us (and the more info from the team, the better).

According to the announcement, we just thought it was going to be a 4 hour Glyph Server maintenance.
    We were not told about the Data Centre migration until later (more so after the problems arose).

I am aware that the people at Gamigo didn't know for certain they were going to encounter the difficulties beforehand, but I think someone should have at least considered the possibility (to me that is one of the basic rules in resilient business operations – being prepared for things going wrong).
    Since Gamigo did know about the planned Data Centre migration, someone could have at least mentioned it from the outset. Informing the players might have helped manage our expectations .

The initial announcement could have said something like (additional text in red):
    Glyph Server Maintenance - Sept 5
    Starting on September 5 at 2 AM PDT / 11 AM CEST for approximately 4 hours we will have a Glyph server maintenance (and Data Centre migration) that will temporarily disable the forums and new purchases on PC platforms. In-game purchases made using existing credits, console purchases and purchases made through steam should still be possible.

During this maintenance, the game should still be playable, but the forums and PC purchases will be down.
    We also intend to perform a migration to a new Data Centre during this period. This is a manual and delicate operation and it may cause significant delays to the restoration of various services. In a worst case scenario, this could mean it will take several days or weeks for the forums to become available again (and even delays to when Midsummer Mutiny goes live).
    For any news or updates, join our community Discords and look for messages on Twitter during this maintenance.

Thanks so much for playing and understanding everyone.
    Edit: I can anticipate that you guys (the Defiance Team) might say: "We didn't know the migration was going to get messed up."
    To which I would say: "Fair enough . But you at least knew about the migration ... we did not".
    Just as we were not told about the staggered (meaning it was not all platforms and regions in one go) migration of Defiance to the cloud servers beforehand.
    I only discovered that back in May, by looking on the Rift forum. The announcements on the Defiance forum just talked about "maintenance".
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
    Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)

Thank you for the answers, please keep up the efforts, we love playing this MMO!! =)

Too little too late...moved on as have most of my friends..your lack of communication has killed off the player base.

we still do not have an ETA

This is the company philosophy of Gamigo.

Absolutely sad to see the lack of regular info updates from Gamingo.

Literally tumbleweed city from their end of the spectrum.

#shambles

Quote Originally Posted by The Fenian View Post
    . Especially with the release of BL3.....this is a real issue.
    Best thing is Gearbox has already thrown out a patch to address some major concerns for Borderlands 3. Meanwhile, the search continues, years later, for a stable defiance infrastructure that doesn't critical error players out on a regular basis.
    IrathientLivesMatter | Kasumi | Sgt Engee | Veedo

Quote Originally Posted by neko_gunner View Post
    Best thing is Gearbox has already thrown out a patch to address some major concerns for Borderlands 3. Meanwhile, the search continues, years later, for a stable defiance infrastructure that doesn't critical error players out on a regular basis.
    Makes me happy to see many PSN friends playing BL3... I hear nothing but good things about their games.