+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    Member Yoshimitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJack View Post
    He is jealous. Misery loves company. For whatever reason his Defiance experience is lacking therefore he doesn't want anyone else to enjoy it.

    Great idea, I need more inventory too. Time to spend some bits.
    This sounds like it
    Live by the sword, die by the sword.

  2. #22
    It’s been about 7 years for D13 and during this time it’s been bugs and and numerous suggestions provided by players. What’s been done?

    You can suggest all you want. I’ve been here the whole time from 13 to 50. I’ve seen nothing. The same bugs in 13 carried over to 50.

    Results are what matter. What are they?

    You say I hate the games? No, I’m a fan or I wouldn’t have been around since day 1. If you know this game and it’s problems you have to be a fan to stay. So, obviously I don’t hate the game. Extremely disappointed and frustrated better describes me.

    Like many OG players we’re tired of empty promises and a stagnant game. My point is, if they done nothing to 50 what makes you think they’ll fix 13 first? And since its an older platform it just doesn’t make business since to fix first.

    Want evidence, if 360 was a priority it wouldn’t have been down two weeks. During that time 50 was up and running.

    I don’t care what game is better. But I’m a realist. They don’t have the resources to handle both game versions. So, one version is going to suffer more than another. Guess which one it is? And since both versions are suffering right now it makes it even worse for whose 2nd in line.

    So, go ahead and bash me and continue on with all your “13” is better stance. That’s not the issue. I’ve said enough on this and my position is clear.

  3. #23
    Member KevinVonBach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Haddonfield
    Posts
    2,667
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackIceWidow1 View Post
    Like many OG players we’re tired of empty promises and a stagnant game.
    This is exactly where I currently stand on the subject.

    #shambles
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Before we announce the winners please consider that due to no clear information, we couldn’t determine the winners."
    Imagine thinking a recycled event is more important than server performance in 2021.

  4. #24
    Member DAVIDMCHICAGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    DEFIANCE 2050 XBOX ONE/PC/STEAM/ANDROID DEFIANCE D13 XBOX 360
    Posts
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    This is exactly where I currently stand on the subject.

    #shambles
    Same here!
    LG CLAN FOUNDER XBOX ONE

  5. #25
    Member Light Energy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    PC EU
    Posts
    1,549
    Just responding to the resurgence of the requests to "shutdown Defiance" (which a few players seem to be making):

    Alluding to what was said in this old thread: If you don’t like the service or the food and want to leave the restaurant ... then fine, I get that (I can see plenty of reasons).
    But don’t ask for the whole restaurant to shut down just because of your own experiences or feelings ... and regardless of the fact that other people are still eating. Please consider all the players (some of whom might be clan-mates or friends or just people on other platforms or regions) who want to continue playing Defiance (either version).

    Irrespective of my own opinions on classic Defiance and Defiance 2050, I would never ask them to shutdown the servers. I don’t subscribe to the attitude of: "If I can’t enjoy Defiance then no-one can." If you don’t like something, why ask for it to be taken away from everyone else?

    When the XBox 360 and PS3 platforms cease to be, classic Defiance could still remain as a PC only game.
    Both versions on Defiance should (theoretically) be cheaper (and more efficient) to run on the new cloud platform, since resources are dynamically allocated. That's one of the key advantages of a cloud platform: the variable costs should scale to the demand, so a game that only has 100 players uses fewer resources (and costs less) than a game that has 5,000 players. This is clearly important when a company such as Gamigo has so many games (they state 30+ MMO's and 500+ casual games ... not sure how many of those are on the Gamigo Cloud Platform).

  6. #26
    Member NAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Canada EH!
    Posts
    150
    D13 on Xbox 360 Na/EU should be first atm as we can't play(latency issues since migration). If you have a 360 dust it off and come run some expos with us on 360na lol you won't stay long I promise.

    Now it's easy for us daily players to see why these games are dying, (not responding to tickets, lack of communication on the forums, slow content releases, server QOS/stability, ect... )

    But just killing d13 off, I don't see it. However if they can't fix the lag on 360 I can see them taking it off 360. If they do that I'd hope a toon/inv migration to another working platform could happen but I wouldn't hold my breath.

  7. #27
    Member mahatma andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Destiny 2, Valheim, soon - Dying Light 2
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    When the XBox 360 and PS3 platforms cease to be, classic Defiance could still remain as a PC only game.

    Exactly 100%

  8. #28
    Just my opinion. They need to shut down D2050, its a downgraded version from D13. Upgrade and focus on D13 instead. If they do shut both games down, at least make D13 playable offline(single player), that's all i ask. I only play D13 though, never gets bored IMO, but we could use some events all the time to keep players busy a bit.

    On another note, i guess the OP is right about one thing, the devs/team does not care. 3 pages and not one GM/CM has said anything. My advice, stop giving the company money until they wake up and do something.

  9. #29
    Member KevinVonBach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Haddonfield
    Posts
    2,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze34 View Post
    Upgrade and focus on D13 instead.
    Upgrade and focus on a game that for two of the three platforms it's playable on, has one foot in their proverbial graves?

    That's about as 4Head as it gets.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Before we announce the winners please consider that due to no clear information, we couldn’t determine the winners."
    Imagine thinking a recycled event is more important than server performance in 2021.

  10. #30
    I think you know what i meant. They could just make the original for the next generation, or change 2050 into D13 and proceed from there. Either way, 2050 sucks and the original is a million times better with more players(even though both games are dying)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts