+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

The Defiance Team is changing

Hello Ark Hunters!

We have some important information about the team.
    First, we'd like to introduce 2 new Community Managers for Defiance!

On top of this, a new Product Manager reinforces the Defiance team.

Please welcome CM Pax and CM Medjed as well as PM Sarenya to the team! Woohoo!
    CM Pax and CM Medjed will be your main point of contact for both games of Defiance.

What about the other CMs? Selene, FireWarrior and Erinnyes will start working on other games from now on. We will miss them in the Defiance CM team but we also wish them good luck on their new adventures.

Please, give our new Team Members a warm welcome!

Best regards,
    Your Defiance Team

Quote Originally Posted by Erinnyes
    My little pizzas,

It pains me to say Goodbye to you all as I loved working with you so much. You guys have taught me many things and I would like to thank you all for this. I'm sad that I will not be part of Defiance as I grew fond of this game and the amazing and passionate community that you are.

New opportunities beckon as I will now start a new and exciting journey on ArcheAge and Trove!

I hope that in the future I will be able to see you on an Arkfall (you will not get rid of me that easily haha)

Missing you already,

Erinnyes

Quote Originally Posted by xFireWarriorx
    This might come as a surprise, but I have not been able to devote as much time to this game as I would have liked. Today I say goodbye to Defiance as I begin my new role as Community Manager for Ironsight.

Your new CMs are eager, competent, and fun! I hope you'll still have a great time playing Defiance and Defiance 2050 for years to come!

Quote Originally Posted by CM Selene
    Hi all,

I am here to say goodbye. It wasn't a long journey, but definitely a memorable one. I had fun while working on this project and I sincerely hope to have helped some of you.

Now, other projects are calling me. You can find me on WolfTeam and Ironsight, so come and say hi if you wish on the respective Discord channels. You are probably not happy about all these changes, but have faith and be assured your new CMs are two extremely responsible professionals.

Have fun!

Selene

NEW TO THE TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by Sarenya
    Hello Ark Hunters,

My name is Sarenya and I am joining the Defiance Team as the new Product Manager. I’m glad to be part of the Team and am excited that I finally get to work on a shooter game.

A few words about me: I like playing games of all sorts whether they’re video or board games. Although I play many other genre games, I prefer Ego Shooter, MOBA, and MMORPG. My career started in the gaming industry as a Game Master. At gamigo, I started as a Community Manager and then soon after moved on as Product Manager for another game title. Now I am very happy to be at Defiance, especially since I get to play the games that I am working for, so you might see me incognito in Defiance. 😊

If you have any questions feel free to contact your Community Managers as they are eager to answer your questions and forward your feedback as well as your suggestions to the Product Team.

I look forward to working for you on the game since you are an amazing Community.

Good luck and have fun!

Sarenya

Quote Originally Posted by Pax
    Do I have a signal?... Perfect.
    Pax signing in...

Hello Ark Hunters,
    our Headquarters has sent me as one of the new reinforcements on the battlefield.

For over 10 years, I've survived many battles and am an experienced fighter. Having skills and stones with both very heavy and very light equipment, there are many roads to justice killing the enemy on sight.

I'll join you on the battlefield soon. But first, let me check my new gear and test it on some of these HellBugs. Who would have imagined my assignment would be to kill bugs, heh? Silly, isn't it?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by Medjed
    Hello Ark Hunters!

I‘m still new to the Defiance games so please bear with me while I complete my main missions.

Something about me? I like to play games. Mostly RPGs, adventure games and shooters. I always spend a lot of time choosing an appearance whether it’s a gun’s skin, vehicle or a brutal soldier’s hairstyle. I also would never skip an opportunity to eat some hamburgers and chips therefore, if you’re planning a pizza party, invite me in and I’ll bring some snacks with me! But then a workout will follow… but it makes me happy, hah!

Now it’s time to grab my rifle and take down some waves of Mutants!

Looking forward to meeting you all!
    Medjed

And here we go again... exit old CMs, enter new CMs.

SMH my head

#shambles

Hi there and welcome.

Sorry, don’t want to seem rude. But let’s get to it. When is the next event?! Whichever one it is.

Red face Welcome!

We are going to have to wait for these new CMs to learn the game they are CM'ing for, so when chatting with them please don't use too many abbreviations and game-speak, also they will have to have anything you're speaking about fully explained or they won't get it, they're not veterans to Defiance.

I'm only saying this because we all know they will get hit like a torrent from all the player frustrations and issues veterans know and have about the game they've played for years.

And yes, please many many more events, gawd, even 1 event would be nice.

Only event I see happening at this moment is a round of "CM musical chairs".

**Benny Hill music intensifies**

These are intelligent and educated individuals. I don’t think learning game speak is a concern.

Most pressing for me:

• when is next event

• what’s bugs are to get fixed, when

• is anything new coming

Just want it pointed out that we are STILL waiting for clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackIceWidow1 View Post
    These are intelligent and educated individuals. I don’t think learning game speak is a concern.

Most pressing for me:

• when is next event

• what’s bugs are to get fixed, when

• is anything new coming

Just want it pointed out that we are STILL waiting for clarity.
    Still waiting for clarity? With this i would agree - however that would suggest that there was clarity from the devs and the community team to start with - which there has not been at all in any regard.

From Twitter to the forums - there has been nothing at all regarding anything that could be seen as productive to the current player base. All we have had is a complete lack of communication and only been given information regarding problems after these problems have become a major concern for the player base overall. The information should have been given freely in the first instance - especially after stating previously that clarity and transparency was going to be a top priority moving forward.

The forum problems as well as the store being down for days/weeks - the server problems that have plagued defiance since the server migration which we were all led to believe was just some routine maintenance for Glyph - The lack of event despite it being hyped up and the players being told that it was (and apparently still is) coming - only to have a post after problems had arisen saying that it was being postponed, with no ETA.

And so now after all of this - we have yet another community team and product manager - welcome to them - but i really hope that they are ready for no doubt the barrage of players that are gonna be asking all the same questions that have been asked for months now. They will be the ones at the forefront meeting the player base head on but I dont see that they are going to be armed with any more information or answers that the community is looking for.

Server migrations and problems as a result - the players should have been told before the fact - maybe then we might be a little more understanding. Light energy suggested exactly this in a previous forum post.

Due to the above and the event having to be postponed - maybe if we had been told about the server transfer in the first place - again maybe players would have been more understanding.

But the clarity wasnt there and the info not given so I have to say - devs and community team - what did you expect??

I can only hope that moving forward the people who have the info that players see as important, share the information freely and with the clarity we were previously promised.

Devs and community team - the player base here awaits a response - and it may be an idea to address this sooner rather than later - at the every least an official announcement in some regard suggesting as to what the status is of the game moving forward.

Information and clarity should be the priority - not the excuses after the fact.

Not sure where you got from me that any clarity existed in this game? STILL waiting doesn’t imply that any existed.

But if you need to rant, go ahead.

Yay,let's replace the already incompetent CMs with newer and much more incompetent CMs. I have little hope for the game and for the players. They will focus more on d2050 and less on d13 until players stats drop off the map so they can shut it down.

Probably the best response post every. Seriously. The changing of the guard and no communication is all about keeping people in the dark spending money because no one would have paid for Patron knowing **** would be so defective on all platforms.