+ Reply to Thread

Progress Report : Xbox 360 server data migration error @ Cm's PM's Dev's

Can we get some news on this issue, and if it's being worked on and how that's going?

The latency and lag in mind numbing, basically can only do solo expo's with being relatively OK at best,

Everything else depending on how many players around or doing same activity and if or if not you messed with your load outs or inventory can get real bad real fast...

And OMG trying to use vendors to buy or sell anything horrible, basically just forced to break stuff down with a work around I've learned to break items down full speed 1 by 1
    "Have highlighted items, spam right on dpad bunch of times, left on dpad once and proceed to break down items, repeat if can't full speed 1st try"

We were promised mid summer mutiny, doubtful that will come, should we not expect hulker hell event at this point and progress of fix?

You are seriously killing game and experience for us all and lack of anything or info on forum makes it even worst...

Please get this ish together and fixed, I enjoy this game and most importantly the player to player interactions, economy and barter system but all these problems are making it a ghost town and seemingly bleak future...

How could the data migration go OK on ps3 and PC but not 360 and take this long to be rectified? Was there seriously no precautions taken or ease of error fixes on mind should anything have happened?

Also if this does get fixed, get some better devs to then tackle game, it's gamebro engine is it not? How hard could these codes really be to tackle? Maybe some old elder scrolls Morrowind devs could use a job or the challenge as besides 1st dev team who did internship while in college the Morrowind team should be even more experienced with engine...

Idk what to say losing hope holding on by a string playing since 2014 has been a rocky road and not the good kind like the ice cream...

Please don't give up on this game get it fixed and get some better team members involved, og defiance is a great unique game just needs more love, or a full true port to Xbox 1 / Ps4 with a true inventory and account transfer one would think easier servers being cloud based now...

But I digress
    Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Totally Agree....Especially (tryin to get 1st college internship dev's) try 2 get it done right!!!!We've been 2 long 4 for game 2 be coded wrong!!!

Fingers crossed but i know better then to hold my breath lol. I left this game because its become insufferable to even bother logging in. When your entertainment becomes more work then your job its time to move on. Totally agree though a true d13 full port to the xb1 and other modern platforms would probably save this game if it was redone without the bugs. Transfer all equipment to the ported version and make sure not to dump on the pc version. Update them to the new version and watch the steam numbers climb again.........

Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYKING View Post
    When your entertainment becomes more work then your job its time to move on.

5.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #5
    I’m sorry we couldn’t give you a reply earlier. There’s still a lot of things going on a background and before we make an announcement, we need to clarify that said will be done.

For now there’s no clear information to answer your questions. There is a blocker that makes a really bad impression on us but it’s just a time matter and as soon and we get past it the game will get a proper development and updates.

Also, there will be a compensation to show our respect for your patient. As soon as I get a green light, I’ll make an information update for you.

Thanks for the honest response.

As other players have pointed out, the game is completely unplayable on xb360 and has been in a continuous service outage for over a month.

Given that there’s no timeline for repair, no customer care tooling to repair any issues, and no updates, I’ve now given up hope that D13 will get fixed and have moved on to other games.

As a longtime paying supporter of this game, I still had several thousand bits remaining in my account and lots of xbl points. I’ve since written off the defiance bits as worthless and have begun spending my xbl gaming dollars elsewhere. Almost everyone on my FL that played d13 is doing the same.

I’ve been saddened to see such a vibrant, veteran online community destroyed by a failed migration under the new ownership and new team.

However, I’m happy to hear that there’s finally a CM notice that there isn’t an ETA and that we shouldn’t even try to play until there’s an official announcement.

I wish gamigo all the best in fixing what’s left of this game and in attracting paying customers again— but I doubt many of the customers that leave will return. They’d be foolish to put anymore money or time into this platform given the instability, lack of investment, lack of communication, and significant downtime.

RIP D13.

Quote Originally Posted by Medjed View Post
    I’m sorry we couldn’t give you a reply earlier. There’s still a lot of things going on a background and before we make an announcement, we need to clarify that said will be done.

For now there’s no clear information to answer your questions. There is a blocker that makes a really bad impression on us but it’s just a time matter and as soon and we get past it the game will get a proper development and updates.

Also, there will be a compensation to show our respect for your patient. As soon as I get a green light, I’ll make an information update for you.
    Thanks for posting and giving us some info, that you guys are trying your best to fix Xbox 360 defiance, and haven't given up, and plan to have more news for us soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Daisy View Post
    Thanks for the honest response.

As other players have pointed out, the game is completely unplayable on xb360

As a longtime paying supporter of this game

veteran online community

I wish gamigo all the best in fixing what’s left of this game and in attracting paying customers again— but I doubt many of the customers that leave will return.

RIP D13.
    You will return "if they fix it lets hope" all old school or veteran players eventually return even if just to say hi you better too