+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Hi solsubzero,

We care and understand that it is frustrating for a gamer to not be rewarded for completing a mission. In this case, completing the major Arkfalls in the Hulkers Hell event. We want to know what kind of rewards you would like to see and how they should be given in your opinion. We can definitely discuss this and recommend this to be implemented. What do you think?
    Realize that once the daily supply of PG is exhausted, (it could be at a single event occurrence) there's no reason to continue going to events at all for the next 23 hours.
    • Start with a minimum of 20% of the battlefield pickup loot at the event being made event related.
    • And in passed events - Hulkers dropped loot on death, which they no longer do. At least make some of the Hulkers drop loot, and it should be exclusively event related loot.
    • Give a decent distribution of mods to weapons. It's completely pointless to get 35 weapons and 12 mods.
    • Don't do something lame like drop weapon systems A, B, and C while dropping mods for weapons systems D, E, and F.
    • We really don't want you to fix the drop rate by increasing the drop rate of grenades at 40 levels below equipped to 85% of the drops, and making weapons/mods drop at 15%, and green.
    • Make some of the event reward loot contain a useful distribution of crystals from passed events, so the Synergy Matrix doesn't clog with mostly empty matrix lines containing rough crystals that wont ever be useful.
    We're not looking to make a deal with The Devil where some quirk of the drop rate is tweeked to give us more garbage while claiming to increase the drop rate and telling us the drop rate was fixed.

Having hit the scrip cap of 999,999 and then having to sell dozens and dozens of weapons/mods/grenades to the vendor for '0' gain is seriously demotivating, too.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    • Start with a minimum of 20% of the battlefield pickup loot at the event being made event related.
    • And in passed events - Hulkers dropped loot on death, which they no longer do.
    • Give a decent distribution of mods to weapons. It's completely pointless to get 35 weapons and 12 mods.
    • Don't do something lame like drop weapon systems A, B, and C while dropping mods for weapons systems D, E, and F.
    Standing ovation for these suggestions...

Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.

DEFIANCE 2050 XBOX ONE/PC/STEAM DEFIANCE D13 XBOX 360/PC/STEAM
    Hi solsubzero,

We care and understand that it is frustrating for a gamer to not be rewarded for completing a mission. In this case, completing the major Arkfalls in the Hulkers Hell event. We want to know what kind of rewards you would like to see and how they should be given in your opinion. We can definitely discuss this and recommend this to be implemented. What do you think?
    Bring back how it use to be! Everything that drops at the event, is event stuff! If there is a mod or gun on the ground! It's the event synergy! Give people a reason to keep doing the events!
    CLAN: LEGENDARY GUNS

I will put it in plain language from my perspective: Having an event that has no real benefit to attending it makes this game...not worth attending.
    -Event cache has a high chance of NO event related items in it? - Makes that purchase pointless.
    -No event-related Mods or Weapons dropping on ground? - Add that to the list of things that make the event pointless.
    -The ONLY reward worth pursuing for myself is the added inventory slots. -Once that's done: The event becomes just another Arkfall.
    -Last thing: With a low chance of getting appropriate mods (Of even GREEN quality, FFS!); the weekly reward item becomes just another inventory slot item that will (probably) never get used. And probably dismantled.
    *Sigh* #wtfisthepointofthisgame
    PS. AND WE CAN'T TRADE. - Even a limited trading system would at least allow us to mod up and item to a somewhat acceptable level. But No-ooooo.
    I would be happy if the trading system was mods only: Leave weapons, scrip, etc out of it. Just mods.
    PC/NA
    Clan:
    Triade Toons: Tesla Whitenoise, Tex Arcana, AJ Katastrovich.
    "The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down. Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee".

DEFIANCE 2050 XBOX ONE/PC/STEAM DEFIANCE D13 XBOX 360/PC/STEAM
    Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    [*]Don't do something lame like drop weapon systems A, B, and C while dropping mods for weapons systems D, E, and F.
    This is what has been happening to me for a long time now! The game always seems to drop me event mods for event guns I do not have!
    CLAN: LEGENDARY GUNS

Hi solsubzero,

What we the player's would love to see is just be rewarded at the end of event arkfall's for their participation. buy that i mean reward the players with (EVENT) related items and not non-event related items. it's the (ONLY REASON TO PLAY) farming enjoying the game give players a reason to stay online like other games that's all i want it to be fare to the players. it becomes no point to play the game after players finish their daily missions and spend the only PG they have on 4 event box's. #REWARDTHEPLAYER

If they would change the drop rate and give a reward at the end more players would likely spend money on this game
    Like it was in the early years of defiance 13
    The way trion changed it thinking they would make more money was a joke
    You know if gamigo gave a bit the return to them would be alot more among players

To be fair, the distribution is better than it was in past events. Far from comprehensive, but much better. To improve:
    1-Completely take away the event grenades and shields. At least take them out of the event boxes we buy with PG.
    2-Find a way to make synergy crystals improve. For example, 3 rough turn into a cut. 3 cut turn into a polished. 5 polished turn into a flawless. I just bought 5 boxes with PG and 4 of them were cut crystals that I already had, so a total of 2000 dust. This is kinda crap cause I still have 2 slots empty on that line and all I keep getting are the 4 same cut crystals every day.
    3-I suppose after 4 weeks of event I'll probably have a bunch of mods, so maybe this is balanced not so bad already. But almost all of them are blue, so not very good for a 5k player.
    4-As other players have said, the stuff we get at the end of a major is ALWAYS crap, and worst, it's crap that's not even event-related. Why not??? I understand that if the game rewards the players with something like what's available in a PG box, then someone could hit 12 majors/night and it will be like getting 144 extra PG, and that would cut on purchases of lootboxes, but still, there needs to be something consistent, like event majors rewarding event stuff!

Event Rewards Feedback

Hi solsubzero,

Hello Pax,

Although I am not the OP, I will say that this thread is a reoccurring discussion. Even though the current event cache setup is a step-up from what it was with the Ark Chests from last year (6 items minimum with Purified Gulanite vs 4 with Ark Keys), it could still be improved on.

1. Event-related mods have been one of the major topic points, with it being rather difficult to obtain a full-set of event mods for the event weapons. As already discussed above, having ONLY event items drop at the event arkfalls (both as completion and on the ground), would be a solution. Even if it is only mods that this can happen with, I feel that is at least good enough for a good portion of the community.

2. Trading- It has already been stated in the past that trading will not be coming to 2050 due to how the power system and that worked. This was, however, stated before mods got changed to scale based on a weapon's power rating. This meant that instead of mods always having a power rating and different values for each mod, they essentially have no power rating or value until they are put onto a weapon. The values will still have a cap due to quality of the mod and not the weapon, but until a mod is slotted onto a weapon...they do not have a power rating and thus have no value. From my understanding, this means that mods would be fine with trading, especially event-based mods. Even if someone does not have high-quality mods, I feel that most would be okay with at least just being able to fully-mod the event weapon with event mods.

3. Only event items in Ex Inanis vendors- This is something that myself, as well as others I think, has suggested in the past. I am unsure how much extensive work this would require, but instead of what is normally found in Ex Inanis vendors found at a major arkfall's end...have those items instead be ONLY event items. As an example, instead of the Exceptional Synergy Cache which grants any non-event Synergy crystal from Cut-Flawless quality...have it instead be Exceptional [Event Name] Synergy Cache which grants only [Event Name-Related] Synergy crystals from Cut-Flawless. Another example that would be for weapons...instead of say, Gray .45 VBI, it would be [Event Name-Related] Gray .45 VBI. Again, I am unsure how much extensive work this would take and if it would even be feasible to do for every event going forward as of right now, but I feel that this is something more in-line with what the community would like to have take place.

4. Having another way/other ways of obtaining Prime Weapons and Flawless [Event Name-Related] Synergy Crystals- As it stands right now, these two types are, arguably, the rarest items in the Hulker Hell caches. Branching out more from the other ideas combined, I feel that there could, perhaps, be another means of obtaining these items. Depending on how frequent Flawless [Event Name-Related] Synergy Crystals appear in the Ex Inanis vendors at the end of major arkfalls...would be a factor as to how this would be handled.

Prime Weapons would be different though, as following the current Ex Inanis vendors in 2050, there are no weapons that match those in their vendor stack. As such, there is a possibility that these would not be made obtainable (with an exceedingly rare appearance) as a direct buy. With that in mind, this would mean that, without other solutions, the ONLY way to obtain a random Prime weapon would be through those Event caches. Once those daily "free" 0-6 buys are gone, this leaves having to spend a boatload of money (may not be that much depending on someone's luck) just to even get ONE Prime [Event Name-Related] weapon. Another random way of obtaining a Prime weapon could be added, such as getting one from an arkfall completion reward. Although this would promote people to play the event more, I am unsure if this extra addition alone would be enough.

So what I am suggesting is this: offer another way/other ways of obtaining Prime weapons. This method or methods would GUARANTEE at least one Prime weapon of the Ark Hunter's choice. I had a couple of ideas for this, one of which has already been done in the past, but would be more...extensive.

Idea #1: Have the selection of all the Prime weapons for that event or (if that would be impossible to do) have an Event Prime that is DIFFERENT from the other current Event Primes (see this thread for the time that it happened) be available through Pursuits.

For the latter:
    I do not feel that it should be done similarly to how it was back during Event Horizon, as that somewhat deterred people to buy Event Horizon caches (For some, it was buy the caches or miss out on a guaranteed Prime weapon). If it is done the same way, I feel that it should be done differently by making it longer than 1 week, (such as 2 weeks, or even have it be another Pursuit added in along with the Inventory slots and Title at the Event's beginning) or have it be completed a different way (such as killing a huge amount of the enemy type related to the event).

For the former:
    It could be done that, after completing the Pursuit, players would have the option of picking a Prime of their choice. If it is able to be done, just have the Pursuit locked after picking a Prime from Pursuits. If something like that is not able to be done or would be too difficult to do so, then...

Idea #2: Have the current Event Prime weapons be made available through the Ex Inanis Lapidary vendors at Last Chance and Earth Republic Camp. After maxing out the Synergy Matrix, typically the only thing left to spend Chromatic Dust on is the Superior Synthesized Crystal Chest. However, after someone has obtained all Flawless Synergy crystals, these two vendors become obsolete (with us Ark Hunters left to waste Chromatic Dust at that point). Having Prime weapons be made available there would give some reason to use these vendors again. The cost? If Chromatic Dust is used for the Primes, then I would say somewhere between 20,000 - 50,000 Chromatic Dust. Whether Chromatic Dust is or is not used, I would say somewhere between 200,000 - 500,000 Scrip. Since Scrip is not used for much stuff, this would at least give people a reason to use their Scrip. However, if this idea does not work, then perhaps a mix of the two would be satisfactory...

Idea #3: Complete a special pursuit that awards either a special new type of currency or award a tremendous amount of Paradise Territory reputation or Hunter Commendations. With either of these 2, the Prime weapons would be added to the associated vendor for the event's duration. The amount given from the Pursuit would be equal to the cost of the Prime weapon. The amount I was thinking was 750...or even 500. Anything under that 500 cost is something that I feel would lessen the value of Prime weapons.

Implementation involving any of these three ideas is something that I feel would help those players who are not able to get a Prime due to certain conditions...conditions that which are out of their control (randomness mostly).

As my post is long enough already, I would like to end it with this: although some of the suggestions that were in this post are new ones (that I am aware of anyways)...there are some suggestions that have been made before. Since you two, Pax and Medjed, have only recently been assigned to Defiance and Defiance 2050, it is likely that both of you have not read similar threads that have been made in the past. To save the both of you some trouble, here are 10 threads (in order from most recent started date-least recent started date) that have been made discussing the caches in some way, shape, or form. It is likely that some of the ideas here will not be reiterated again since this is the 3rd event in a row with this event cache system...so I would like to get these threads noticed again for more feedback on this system. Enjoy!

here;

here2;

here3;

here4;

here5;

here6;

here7;

here8;

here9;

here10

PS: Note that there are other forum threads similar to this, but those are not too much different than the ones posted here. Thanks for looking into the feedback about the way event rewards are handled. Whether or not it was passed on in the past, it is nice to still see attention on the situation.
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

We care and understand that it is frustrating for a gamer.
    Are you sure about that?
    Because it was not shown with the RNG in the event caches.

Horizon.

99 Problems.

+ Reply to Thread