+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mods please

A simple way to help players complete some event weapons without totally devaluing event mods might be, perhaps py or even a runner could have a chance of an event mods cache which could give a random event mod of the past. Thats my simple suggestion.
    IGN - David Irwin * PSN - cruxkilla *

The easiest fix to this is to give the cleansing mods when you buy a hulker hell cache at the end of the hulker hell arkfalls. Also while doing hulker hell arkfalls the mods that drop on the ground should be the cleansing mods.

I cant tell y oh u how many hh caches I got at the end of an arkfall and it either had a regular gun or mods in it. What is the point of spending 12 pg to get the same weapons and mods you can get any other time.

It would be nice if they would do this, but I think they would rather you buy bits and then the hh boxes for 120 bits

DEFIANCE 2050 XBOX ONE/PC/STEAM DEFIANCE D13 XBOX 360/PC/STEAM
    Every weapon and mod on the ground should be event synergy! Period. That's how it was on the original Defiance! The way it is now is completely stupid!
    CLAN: LEGENDARY GUNS

Quote Originally Posted by mr8liner View Post
    The easiest fix to this is to give the cleansing mods when you buy a hulker hell cache at the end of the hulker hell arkfalls. Also while doing hulker hell arkfalls the mods that drop on the ground should be the cleansing mods.

I cant tell y oh u how many hh caches I got at the end of an arkfall and it either had a regular gun or mods in it. What is the point of spending 12 pg to get the same weapons and mods you can get any other time.

It would be nice if they would do this, but I think they would rather you buy bits and then the hh boxes for 120 bits
    Mods. guns, nades, shields and crystals from event cache are always event related.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    Mods. guns, nades, shields and crystals from event cache are always event related.
    I think that everyone is mostly annoyed that the event is focused on spending PG, and there is a finite supply of PG every day (unless one BUYS more), which severely limits one's participation in the 'event', and at that point the 'event' becomes just another boring arkfall with hulkers/infected/green fog being the only thing different than any other arkfall.

Which makes it even more annoying, considering the botched MM failure being followed by an event that for all practical purposes ends up like this - with no action/reward that makes it worth seeking/attending beyond just more of the stuff we do on any OTHER given day in the game.

72 PG equals exactly SIX chances every day at something event related being rewarded, with a high RNG probability of that event reward being generic filler that ends up being disappointing duplicate vendortrash that can all be gotten at a single daily event after doing the contracts like any other day.

Considering the limited time involved - there is a whole lot of potential good stuff that is going to be completely pointless obtaining when the mods that are key to those weapons are in such limited supply compared to almost every other event reward in the passed.

I completely understand the 'no trading' mechanic, it's just like not being able to trade XP or PG... you have to earn your way up, but the 'no trading' mechanic means probably 92% of the rewards are uselessly taking up inventory, never to be used, until they are deleted 5 minutes after the event ends because rewards are designed to be so low as to be functionally unobtainable.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    I think that everyone is mostly annoyed that the event is focused on spending PG, and there is a finite supply of PG every day (unless one BUYS more), which severely limits one's participation in the 'event', and at that point the 'event' becomes just another boring arkfall with hulkers/infected/green fog being the only thing different than any other arkfall.

Which makes it even more annoying, considering the botched MM failure being followed by an event that for all practical purposes ends up like this - with no action/reward that makes it worth seeking/attending beyond just more of the stuff we do on any OTHER given day in the game.

72 PG equals exactly SIX chances every day at something event related being rewarded, with a high RNG probability of that event reward being generic filler that ends up being disappointing duplicate vendortrash that can all be gotten at a single daily event after doing the contracts like any other day.

Considering the limited time involved - there is a whole lot of potential good stuff that is going to be completely pointless obtaining when the mods that are key to those weapons are in such limited supply compared to almost every other event reward in the passed.

I completely understand the 'no trading' mechanic, it's just like not being able to trade XP or PG... you have to earn your way up, but the 'no trading' mechanic means probably 92% of the rewards are uselessly taking up inventory, never to be used, until they are deleted 5 minutes after the event ends because rewards are designed to be so low as to be functionally unobtainable.
    The problem is the dichotomy that they should sell store things and get the loot better and it's impossible to make both in this event or any other events because if you get mods in final arkfall you won't buy it from the store . They're money maker so they give you free OJ weapon every end of the week ( if you finish 5 daily paradise pursuit) and got to buy mods from the store or those weapons will be useless. Very clever.
    I spended alot of RG and am getting only crappy things that has nothing to do with the event . Even I got an OJ mods (only one ) saying it's of explosives but I can't get the fusion with the right weapon (I don't use rocket launcher anyway it's just for exemple) and the event synergy is a trash am even interested.

I personally think that all event cash should be OJ and related to the event maybe not necessarily mods( what a green weapons doing in events cash )
    PS4/EU
    sisqo32
    clan FR
    assault/engIneer

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by sisqo32 View Post
    The problem is the dichotomy that they should sell store things and get the loot better and it's impossible to make both in this event or any other events because if you get mods in final arkfall you won't buy it from the store . They're money maker so they give you free OJ weapon every end of the week ( if you finish 5 daily paradise pursuit) and got to buy mods from the store or those weapons will be useless. Very clever.
    I spended alot of RG and am getting only crappy things that has nothing to do with the event . Even I got an OJ mods (only one ) saying it's of explosives but I can't get the fusion with the right weapon (I don't use rocket launcher anyway it's just for exemple) and the event synergy is a trash am even interested.

I personally think that all event cash should be OJ and related to the event maybe not necessarily mods( what a green weapons doing in events cash )
    On a side note:
    I hate the RNG that specifically gives you more weapons you don't use, and fewer weapons you prefer to use.

Add THAT quirk to the mix - give us event weapons we don't use, and then don't even give us the mods for them either.

I dont use dets, or pistols... got 5 dets, and 6 pistols, (one pistol is a prime/magnum) with a total of 3 mods combined. I use snipers... no snipers, no sniper mods.
    I have nothing but blue mods for my OJ retaliator paradise reward. But i have a metric tonne of jack-o-lantern grenades 40 and 50 lvls below my current lvl.

I know it's still early in the event, but geez....

Has anyone gotten an even shield? Do they exist?
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    On a side note:
    I hate the RNG that specifically gives you more weapons you don't use, and fewer weapons you prefer to use.

Add THAT quirk to the mix - give us event weapons we don't use, and then don't even give us the mods for them either.

I dont use dets, or pistols... got 5 dets, and 6 pistols, (one pistol is a prime/magnum) with a total of 3 mods combined. I use snipers... no snipers, no sniper mods.
    I have nothing but blue mods for my OJ retaliator paradise reward. But i have a metric tonne of jack-o-lantern grenades 40 and 50 lvls below my current lvl.

I know it's still early in the event, but geez....

Has anyone gotten an even shield? Do they exist?
    No event shields. That's a good thing. If there was no event grenades, it would be better.

I feel your pain about the guns/mods thing. I also log off the minute I'm done spending my 72PG. And the thrash is even trashier than RNG would make it look like, because there are some weapons and weapon types that one might not even play (I don't use remote-detonated detonators, yet I got an OJ big boomer). On top of that, they managed to choose the wrong weapon for the mechanic. Stacks just doesn't work well with sawed-off shotguns, bolt-action snipers and magnum pistols. So, yeah, they messed up again. We'll probably send everything to trash once the event is over for one reason or another.

But still, my and sisquo's point is valid. The better the drops, the less they will sell. And their job is to sell stuff. A while ago I suggested to stop selling stuff that's mostly ransom (other than vanity, everything they sell ends up being part of some random mechanic) and instead, rent stuff, so that it can create a recurring income instead of everything being one-time income. They probably don't have the programming power to make it anymore, so the point is moot, but it still stands that they need to balance the loot on the negative side to sell any event cache at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    No event shields. That's a good thing. If there was no event grenades, it would be better.

I feel your pain about the guns/mods thing. I also log off the minute I'm done spending my 72PG. And the thrash is even trashier than RNG would make it look like, because there are some weapons and weapon types that one might not even play (I don't use remote-detonated detonators, yet I got an OJ big boomer). On top of that, they managed to choose the wrong weapon for the mechanic. Stacks just doesn't work well with sawed-off shotguns, bolt-action snipers and magnum pistols. So, yeah, they messed up again. We'll probably send everything to trash once the event is over for one reason or another.

But still, my and sisquo's point is valid. The better the drops, the less they will sell. And their job is to sell stuff. A while ago I suggested to stop selling stuff that's mostly ransom (other than vanity, everything they sell ends up being part of some random mechanic) and instead, rent stuff, so that it can create a recurring income instead of everything being one-time income. They probably don't have the programming power to make it anymore, so the point is moot, but it still stands that they need to balance the loot on the negative side to sell any event cache at all.
    The random part is likely what frustrates some players. The caches in the store are the same ones as in the Hulker Hell vendor (with the exception of a guaranteed random legendary event weapon, or a guaranteed random legendary weapon and random prime weapon, but all still random regardless). I'm all for them making money, but considering someone could spend say.... $1000 on the 100 Hulker Hell caches, and possibly NOT get the Prime weapon that they want (once all of the Prime Weapons identities are discovered). Not to mention, someone could end up not being able to even fully mod the Prime that they want with event mods (although not as likely with 1000 items...it could still happen due to how the game handles randomness). All of which I find ridiculous to be honest.

Also, yeah. The loot needs to be tweaked some. I would guess that this event is a wider-scale test to see what happens with rewards without event shields. Next event we may see no event grenades or shields if this cache system stays. Having it be without both of those would solve a couple of issues just within those caches.

1. Players not having to deal with the lack of 5k drops.
    2. Only Synergy crystals, mods, and weapons would be dropping, and since grenades and shields have been taking up so much of the loot pool... it is very likely more players would be able to fully-mod their weapons.

Whatever they do though, is something that only time will tell.
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Itd be alot smarter to stop selling rng crates period. Sell bundles with vanity items and a matched prime and a vehicle skin. Be inventive bring in vehicle upgrades sell car upgrades and new skins. Sky is the limit if someone wants that money bad enough theres plenty of ideas long since posted. But theyd rather screw us with rng mechanisms clearly designed (poorly) in the houses favor so far as to literally drive the players away from gameplay. Love it when 3 Stooges run a game ip smdh.......

+ Reply to Thread