+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    Hmmm, I don't think you people understand the difference between probability and random number. Now how "random" numbers are generated by a computer or used by the programmer.
    Sure we do.
    They programmed a random number generator that has strictly defined parameters for results they want to get.
    The results suxor because they programmed the results to suxor.

The results aren't 'random from 1 to 1,000,000' with all possible results being equally obtainable.
    Probability has little to do with it when your thumb is on the scale.

They have programmed categories of 'certainty' into the rewards....
    The certainties are not evenly distributed among the players, and they don't give players equal chances at the same pots of loot.

It's the unequal possibilities of all players to get the same shot at the same loot pools, as well as the loot pools being skewed to suxor that we have issues with.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

I have to agree with crasher! They appear to give you (if your lucky ...) what they see you don't use. I don't like or use snipers excepect 4 dailies tied w/pistol @ lvl 7 for me. My choice is assault rifles @ lvl 60+ and full auto weaps. But my first rare was a sniper, then for events I got a Prime Cosmic sniper, 2 Prime Precision snipers, and for this event my only Prime is a sniper! Guess I should trade with crasher but that's another story ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Fireguard View Post
    Look there is a random generator in every programming language. It depends however on a seed number and because there is a near infinite combination of seed numbers then you can get about as random as is possible. However it appears that the seed number is only generated when you start your toon. It follows you from that point on. Some seeds are pure crap and hardly ever generate a number that would be a hit in the game to give you anything good. Some generate numbers that gets almost immediate good hits and very often.

I can say that mine is pure crap as is far to many of us in the game. It would be more fair to all if the seed was generated new each day or at some specified point in the game to randomize further to give players a fighting chance.

If your seed is crap the way it is now it will always be crap. That does not mean that a good number will come up now and then but so very rare as to be impractical for the player. This is why so many people can't get a good shield or grenade when others seem to get a new good one weekly or better.

This is also why RNG games suck so badly.

Yes there is a generator function called random in all programming languages (c java+...) but the reality little different in programming due to the fact that computer are dumb AKA binary they only understand 0 or 1
    Let me give you an exemple because they is so boring
    Wifi code generator : he is better under unix but still work under windows, it give you any wifi code. What's he do knowning that 9 cases. get all combination possible from 0 to 1 and a to z and its countable slot but still countable computer doesn't get tiredand very fast(did you see last terminator movie ?lol ) so he will get you the code.

second exemple take gambling on horse racing ( wan to give you the exemple of card game blackjack but not sure all people knows how to play it because there is a very very good book wrote in 1901 by Charles Gallois called "the game theories "talking about countable numbers and give method to know if there is a martingale in uncountable numbers like R or I but you can see the movie "beautiful mind" telling the story of John Nash a great mathematician died 2002 he used those theories and he was nobel prize in economics in1998 ) so let back to horse race .
    Let tell that 10 horses racing and you gamble in 3 of them in order ( same as the game you have countable items and you want one of them )
    With out getting to boring details ( I known it's boring because am professor at Sofia Antipolis University of Nice and teaching people math in financial way bench mark black and Scholes sp500 ....knowing they will still broke lol ) you're horse winning is not random its probabelety if his leg not good count if.... you probability of winning is 10`3= 1/3000 ( if all horse doesn't have back history) so if you buy 3000 ticket you will win (you'll have all combination possible but budget will suffer)

Sorry if I didn't get the idea clear but all that to say random like luck are some words that doesn't exist.

By the way I didn't get anything that I want from this event not even pumpkin head lol all crqppy grenades and weapons without mods so useless.

Hope I helped someone somewhere.

Edit : sorry guys this post is out of topic
    PS4/EU
    sisqo32
    clan FR
    assault/engIneer

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    Sure we do.
    They programmed a random number generator that has strictly defined parameters for results they want to get.
    The results suxor because they programmed the results to suxor.

The results aren't 'random from 1 to 1,000,000' with all possible results being equally obtainable.
    Probability has little to do with it when your thumb is on the scale.

They have programmed categories of 'certainty' into the rewards....
    The certainties are not evenly distributed among the players, and they don't give players equal chances at the same pots of loot.

It's the unequal possibilities of all players to get the same shot at the same loot pools, as well as the loot pools being skewed to suxor that we have issues with.

You obviously understand nothing of how a pseudorandom number generator works. You obviously know nothing about statistical distribution of random number either.

But don't feel bad about that, most people don't.

LOL Seems I am way out to the side of that statistical distribution curve.
    Quoting Crasher; "You're really not even trying, anymore."

Really lad it is just a lack of consideration and communication as always. In the larger scheme of things their customers do not matter.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    You obviously understand nothing of how a pseudorandom number generator works. You obviously know nothing about statistical distribution of random number either.

But don't feel bad about that, most people don't.
    OK.
    Programmers can't program a generator that that will:

• Give you a random whole number from '1 to 1000' 100% of the time,
    • Give you a random whole number between '2 and 5' 99.9% of the time,
    • Give you '666' one time out of a billion rolls.

How silly of me.

I feel so much better now.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

+ Reply to Thread