+ Reply to Thread

PS3 controller buttons not working!

Hi, when I started defiance after buying gold and downloading the game I discovered that controls freeze up and some buttons do not work immediately after starting the game. Sometimes no buttons work and sometimes r3 doesnt do what it should in conjuction with the other buttons. I have never been able to acces my cart, the salvage menu, the menu wheel or basically any menu.

When I click on the woman to start a mission sometimes the only button that works is back and sometimes no button works at all.

I have tried reinstalling the game and 2 functional controllers. Nothing fixes it.
    I tried to get a refund from psn and they demand I try a lan cable instead of wifi along with loads of other things to try. I will not buy a lan cable for a broken game surely it should work over wifi? wtf are they talking about?
    They refuse the refund despite i sent a video showing the controller not functioning unless I get a support ticket, from trion, buy a lan cable, boot in safe mode and other stuff.

I am now not going to buy a ps5 next year so with all the games I would have bought they have lost out on $£2000 or so and they do not care.

I reported this issue the day after i bought the game and they are treating me like i have been playing it for ages.

Does anyone know the fix or how to get a refund on a broken game without them demanding more hardware is purchased? surely if wifi is a problem it should say that on the game purchase page.

I am seriously pissed off
    EV

Quote Originally Posted by esotericvoid View Post
    Hi, when I started defiance after buying gold and downloading the game I discovered that controls freeze up and some buttons do not work immediately after starting the game. Sometimes no buttons work and sometimes r3 doesnt do what it should in conjuction with the other buttons. I have never been able to acces my cart, the salvage menu, the menu wheel or basically any menu.

When I click on the woman to start a mission sometimes the only button that works is back and sometimes no button works at all.

I have tried reinstalling the game and 2 functional controllers. Nothing fixes it.
    I tried to get a refund from psn and they demand I try a lan cable instead of wifi along with loads of other things to try. I will not buy a lan cable for a broken game surely it should work over wifi? wtf are they talking about?
    They refuse the refund despite i sent a video showing the controller not functioning unless I get a support ticket, from trion, buy a lan cable, boot in safe mode and other stuff.

I am now not going to buy a ps5 next year so with all the games I would have bought they have lost out on $£2000 or so and they do not care.

I reported this issue the day after i bought the game and they are treating me like i have been playing it for ages.

Does anyone know the fix or how to get a refund on a broken game without them demanding more hardware is purchased? surely if wifi is a problem it should say that on the game purchase page.

I am seriously pissed off
    EV
    Ethernet cables are only like $2 tho. Wired is better for any game not just Defiance

It is a matter of principle.
    They do not say you need a wire to play the game, so they should give me a refund.
    All my other games work fine with wifi.
    Anyway it is a control issue not a net issue so what is the point in buying a wire?
    Not only that but I don't want a wire across my living room.

Defiance is a fussy game with controllers , it needs to be a new controller or it starts wandering and not working properly. I have been through 23 controllers in my time in defiance they will work ok in other games but not defiance

That reminds me I actually had that prob too with controllers before, been a few years since I played on Xbox, but if the sticks start creeping it won't work right, i even had it start unstarring things in my inventory bc it was pointing ----> or <--- just a little when I opened the dialog for it.

Well that makes more sense than playstation support ever made.
    I have ordered an new official ps3 dualshock controller.
    Lets see if that fixes it.
    I will not be buying 20 though, that is like a scam between trion and sony to sell more or something.
    Thanks

If u can solder you can replace the little modules for the sticks, have done it a few times and makes the controller like new nice n smooth and cheap only couple dollars vs a new controller. They use hard solder from the factory though so need a 60w soldering iron to get them out. All ya need other than that is some long security torx bits (also cheap)

[QUOTE=esotericvoid;2166778
    I will not be buying 20 though, that is like a scam between trion and sony to sell more or something.
    Thanks[/QUOTE]

That was 23 controllers over 6 years and nearly 13000 hours of game play with 20 toons