+ Reply to Thread

Is it still worth playing after reaching 5000K?

l have just reached 4k today, what will be there to do after you reach 5000K? Is there anything worthwhile to do afterwards or l did just waste my time?

Quote Originally Posted by Dymical View Post
    l have just reached 4k today, what will be there to do after you reach 5000K? Is there anything worthwhile to do afterwards or l did just waste my time?
    B. There is nothing to do at 5K that you can't do at 4K.

Well I've been stuck since August at 4999. If you do get lucky and get to 5k, you will be able to run tier 5 co-op, if you can find other 5k people to run them with you. You can get more 5000 items, show off to your friends and anyone you come across, and.... that's about it! Getting from 4k to 5k is going to still take some time. Maby even a few months. It will probably move quick at first, but then tank towards 5k! If you keep with it by the time you get to 5k, possibly just possibly there will be some major game improvements, but I wouldn't count on it. There track record hasn't been good so far!
    CLAN: LEGENDARY GUNS

5k get you only T5 and its crappy but make killing you harder if you have a good shield ( can take years to find or days)
    I got 5k T5 is difficult and at the end same vendor as T3 you wont get anything special like OJ mods .. . But like people like me stay playing because it's fun and also seeking crystal synergy (flawless) and that took time . Trying all VBI SOL amd TNT weapons on OJ and improve weapons skills.
    There is alot to do simple exemple get 600 monolith down you wont never get that pursuit or not at least soon.
    PS4/EU
    sisqo32
    clan FR
    assault/engIneer

First, don't expect to actually GET TO 5000, exactly. Modify your expectations, and anywhere above 4985 in your active loadout is just fine.

What you WANT is the power increases in damage the weapons do when they are 5k themselves. The damage increase in weapons from 4k to 5k is worth it. THEN, near 5k, is when you start the process of accumulating the OJ (or well rolled purples until you get the OJ's) weapons in styles you like, modded with purple/oj mods in the ammo types you want to be swapping in and out of as needed.

Do you like to snipe? A 5k OJ deadbolt with both dmg/crit bonus rolls modded with OJ power barrel and OJ incendiary ammo is a tool to pop heads with.

Want a weedcutter RL? A 5k OJ Barn Buster or Longshot modded with both a full damage radius and extra blast radius with OJ incendiary ammo, combined with the extra RL radius from Demolitionist class and wipe out hellbugs in swathes (and yourself if you get too close using a Rebel shield). Get another with corrosive ammo and all those pesky run around scrapper mobs are vaporized with indirect hits.

Best advice is, get to 5k first, then start building your arsenal.

2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

its not in a state where its worth playing before 5k let alone after, so no, no it isn’t

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth2 View Post
    its not in a state where its worth playing before 5k let alone after, so no, no it isn’t
    This game is fine if you like grindy mmos you just have to find your niche from it

8.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #8
    I cannot tell you if there’s anything specific after reaching 5k Power Rating but as new to the game I’d prefer 5k over than 4k just because I’ll be sure that there won’t be any better weapon dropping after 5k.
    Once I reached 3k I though that at this point I don’t need more because I’m getting pretty well with everything and I got some good legendary weapons. But the moment when newly dropped green ones were better than my legendary, I had to made an obvious choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Medjed View Post
    I cannot tell you if there’s anything specific after reaching 5k Power Rating but as new to the game I’d prefer 5k over than 4k just because I’ll be sure that there won’t be any better weapon dropping after 5k.
    Once I reached 3k I though that at this point I don’t need more because I’m getting pretty well with everything and I got some good legendary weapons. But the moment when newly dropped green ones were better than my legendary, I had to made an obvious choice.
    Remember Medjed... or perhaps you aren't aware at all... in the salvage matrix there is a feature Rarnok worked heavily on and had intended to be issued at launch (but postponed) which is called Reforging. You will have had to fully enhance the gun with salvage an max rank it first, before the option to Reforge appears.

Reforging allows you to take your aging well rolled legendary weapons (perhaps in a unique prior event synergy) and keep using them at (or catch them up to) your current level. It's a way you don't HAVE to lose anything great you earned on the way up to 5k, and bring it with you... just because you out leveled it. It will cost a good chunk of PG and scrip... so you won't do this with your entire arsenal, but a few high quality weapons.

2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

Depends on who you're asking, which is a question a Game Traveler never Meets, if one's Imaginative is Dashboard of a true Game World Traveler.

Two: Should one do Meet such the question...., correction, the Game Traveler's questioning their Game World's Imaginative out loud, which Gameplanets been witnessing quite often, which the Game World's Imaginative isn't the one in question, but rather the Game Traveler greeting/questioning their Imaginative, of just playing the Game, instead of becoming the Game.

Third: Meeting this question shouldn't be Gameplanet Possibility, since suffice to say, Game Traveler's are Leader Awe of Console's Controller.