+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: D2050 Mods Trade

D2050 Mods Trade

Straight to the point, I somewhat understand why there's no weapon, shield, & grenade trade. Due to the power progression concept.

So how about allow us to trade mods. Why? Glad you ask xD;

1. By trading mods it will allow multiple players to completely mod their favorite weapon.

2. It will allow players to help their clan members and friends who are less fortunate and are unable to purchase a $50.00-$100.00 dollar loot boxes.

3. Mod trading will encourage players to grind even more for weapons, transportation increasing the player base, which is in much need according to the reports.

5. Player with a bigger wallets aka whales, will buy more loot boxes and pass down the mods it don't suite their play style or trade with clan members and friends.

6. It will strengthen the community and communication between player aside from arguing over a pvp match.

7. What do Gamigo gets out of all this?
    Well trading will increase the player platform , more players more sales

8. Gamigo for what is worth, you will be showing players that your are listening, not with empty words but in action.

Looking foward that this thread will get the proper support, from the Devs/Gamigo and the Players. Remember keep it constructed. Peace

Looks good, doesn't work.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    Looks good, doesn't work.
    Well, it could work, especially if they didn't try to figure a way to make it unpalatable to the players while claiming they were listening.

It could be a friendly gesture on their part if they made mod trading possible, even if they were to do something like players earning trading reputation through some mechanic like arkfalls/sieges/special missions that could be spent exclusively to pay for buying surplus mods from other players.

Players could spend rep to buy mods from other players, while the sellers would earn some sort of karma from selling.
    The point is that the seller wouldn't earn currency to buy other mods, as that would just lead to another currency that would rival scrip, which would create a different sort of inflation.

The detail that would have to be worked out would be mod valuation, as some pricing structure that led to a million trading-rep for a mod would just make it an unworkable situation.
    I know there are people who play these sorts of games as a way to become arms-brokers because thats what they enjoyed more than the game combat. We could/would attract some of those players back into the Defi world who left when trading was turned off.

Now figure out what to suggest karma would be spent on, to make The Company see this as a profitable situation for them to bother coding/implementing besides just attracting more players to the game who want to be arms merchants.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    Well, it could work, especially if they didn't try to figure a way to make it unpalatable to the players while claiming they were listening.

It could be a friendly gesture on their part if they made mod trading possible, even if they were to do something like players earning trading reputation through some mechanic like arkfalls/sieges/special missions that could be spent exclusively to pay for buying surplus mods from other players.

Players could spend rep to buy mods from other players, while the sellers would earn some sort of karma from selling.
    The point is that the seller wouldn't earn currency to buy other mods, as that would just lead to another currency that would rival scrip, which would create a different sort of inflation.

The detail that would have to be worked out would be mod valuation, as some pricing structure that led to a million trading-rep for a mod would just make it an unworkable situation.
    I know there are people who play these sorts of games as a way to become arms-brokers because thats what they enjoyed more than the game combat. We could/would attract some of those players back into the Defi world who left when trading was turned off.

Now figure out what to suggest karma would be spent on, to make The Company see this as a profitable situation for them to bother coding/implementing besides just attracting more players to the game who want to be arms merchants.
    This can definitely be very useful. As a college student, I am in support of this movement. My finances are limited after my book expenses and classes. There's literally little to none left in my budget, at least until I'd graduate.

Then, will I decided if this game is worth spending any money on it. Of course that's completely up to Gamigo, that is if they even show us that they are listening

Very doubtful this will ever get any traction with the company. It is all about the dollar at the end of the day. Any suggestion made that does not make them money directly will as always be ignored. They are a company who cares less about their clients than the money we represent. Jeeze you should know this by now. Heck they don't even bother to fix bugs anymore except those related to events as that is all they can get money from now days. If it wasn't for the money they would not even bother fixing those bugs.
    Quoting Crasher; "You're really not even trying, anymore."

Really lad it is just a lack of consideration and communication as always. In the larger scheme of things their customers do not matter.

this is a good idea, since mods don't have a PR; but what would people trade for them?
    scrip? seems like the new ark salvage (useless)
    other mods? some might still encounter difficulty completing their guns, but again a good concept
    D13:
    Insomniac Hunters: Tashinka, ZombieRahm Tak, Sgt Rasta, Purple Dude, tash.0, ZombieKupack Kurr,
    D2050:
    Terminators: tashinka, Stacy Tarr, pog mothoin, Bo Tarr, jek haint

psn: j599kbvvaak

no scammers, without mods. , this isnt d13. the just need to port d13. and get to fixing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashinka View Post
    this is a good idea, since mods don't have a PR; but what would people trade for them?
    scrip? seems like the new ark salvage (useless)
    other mods? some might still encounter difficulty completing their guns, but again a good concept
    The only trading that would make sense would be mod for mod. Green for green, blue for blue, pink for pink, oj for oj.

But don't hold your breath. Won't happen.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    The only trading that would make sense would be mod for mod. Green for green, blue for blue, pink for pink, oj for oj.

But don't hold your breath. Won't happen.
    Uhmmmm.....
    'Pink'?
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post

That's a good idea, trading should be earn, instead of just trading all across the board, that can lead to abusing trading mechanism

+ Reply to Thread