+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Suggested rework of event PG caches, including 50 and 100 packs

I've recently put a few comments in on the "Medjed: compensation thread" on pages 11 and 12... in particular post #112 which serves as a precursor to this. I will try NOT to repeat most of that, and just hit the main points I'm recommending here for improving the 12 PG event caches, that are also sold bundled in 50 and 100 packs.

I've long held they are weak and don't provide enough value in paying $$ for the 50 and 100 packs. Having seen the RNG distribution from PG caches over 3 events running 4 alts in each event, lends some perspective.

I'm just... boggled... how anyone paying for those can find enough of value in them when most of it is right off the top vendor trash.

From Gamigo's perspective... making the PG caches more valuable would have more players buying them.

Sure we would obtain better items in game, but giving us better guns to WANT to mod up better, or if we had a genuine improved shot at getting the OJ versions of guns we wanted with that synergy via buying the 50 and 100 packs... I don't see how Gamigo loses.

Having implied/said the same, in many threads during each prior event for that matter... here are my proposed changes.

Guns: just remove blue rarity from the pool. No one's building those into playable guns. We want more chances to find guns in the types we enjoy shooting. We want more looks at those guns, due to random bonus rolls making most of those types we ARE seeking sub-par. More looks at getting what we are hungry for, means more people think they can find them buying 50 and 100 packs.

Shields: the same, no more blues. Other than new players, no one uses them. Decrease the overall frequency of shields propagating from the caches... we want guns and mods to put them in. Take that 25% chance down to 10-12%... something like that... roughly speaking.

Grenades: more of the same, no more blues. Same reason. Same decrease in overall chance to earn one as with shields. We only use 1 grenade per loadout and 2 guns. Why are grenades more frequent than guns currently? Drop them to 10-12% occurance as well.

Synergy crystals: actually I think the current percent chance is spot on here, even on rarity, even with on average only getting 1 flawless per event for every other alt is normal. Actually, increase the chance of higher rarity on those Paying for either of the bundles. It's a bit rediculous to pay and get nothing but useless dust, which has happened to me twice now. It does NOT give me any reason to buy more.

Mods: I actually have something entirely different to propose than the above mentioned RNG changes. What I am proposing is... additional, NEW 12 PG mod and weapon caches we can buy during the event that are specifically for each of the 4 different weapon types: High Cal, Mid Cal, Explosive and Shotgun.

Player only wants High Cal guns and mods? Go for it. I'd suggest removing the possibility of a Prime from these. Otherwise some players will only chase their one preferred Prime, or 3 if they chose the Mid Cal gun cache, 2 if explosive or High Cal, and change to mods once they have it. Gamigo's monetization kinda breaks down if you don't, then again, the chances are silly low anyway. Perhaps, increase the % Primes dropping from the primary generic 12 PG cache.

Additionally, Gamigo, you could sell on the bit store cheap $4-5 packs of 5 mods, all from the mod type you are after, one mod from each mod slot. Someone wanting to pimp out their PRIME with better purple and OJ mods could buy a dozen and try to perfect that new Prime they are so happy RNG blessed them with. You have OJ mid cals but missing mods? A new Prime that is short mods? Buy a few sets from the bit store and problem and the wait is solved.

PRIME 100 cache gun: give players a chance to improve their odds on what they seek. Since there's 8 types, give people 8 boxes to choose from, and 2 checks they can put to BLOCK what they DON'T want.

Why? RNG shows people get PRIMES from the event. They may not want to pay for another. They can block two PRIMES they may already have or don't ever want to begin with. They'd be more inclined to take a shot buying the 100 cache if their odds were better.

Similar poor RNG has hit other players, I'm far from alone in this occurance. The following 'insult' in the example that follows below could have been prevented with my suggested system. Paying customer satisfaction is something worth improving, yes, Gamigo?... even if it still is the immensely unsatisfying gambling mechanism... at least implementing my proposed mechanism gives paying customers SOME choice over what they DON'T want.

So these are my proposals. Chime in ark hunters. Let the dev's know what you think of them. Add some of your own, including tweaks to mine or completely different ideas.

-------------

The following paragraphs just flesh out more of the reason I'm posting this today. It's not constructive towards the post. Some of you might find something common in it, however... including a good laugh at my expense.

Take my example from this past Hulker Hell. My main and another alt (I've got 4 total) each got the Prime Magnum. For a few reasons I bought a 100 pack for my main. Yes, despite all my repeated arguments against gambling boxes and the poor value of the RNG distribution and 85-90% of everything in it is vendor fodder. Yes, I still pulled out the card.

My PRIME was ANOTHER MAGNUM. Even my guaranteed OJ... was another Cleansing fking MAGNUM. I like magnums, I own magnums, but I don't use magnums, other than as one pistol option for the random daily.

Frankly, the entire 100 pack was a complete donation to Gamigo. There's maybe 6 blue mods I will use from it. That's it. I met none of my goals, nor even close from buying it. For example, what good are 15 more shotgun mods when from both the event and the 100 cache there's no purple or better Cleansing shotgun to mod. Sorry, I even got both OJ and purple shotgun power bores and no where to put them.

What good is 37 more grenades when I use only 1 grenade... out of the 30+ in my full 2050 inventory.

I made sure everthing from the pack went into claims (actually the crystals didn't, they just converted to dust since none were an improvement over what I'd already earned from the 4 weeks of the event) so I could better track my results. Everything's still there in claims. I needed a week of shaking my head over just how rotten that RNG/luck was.

Seriously, Gamigo. Why would I buy another?

Do you like money from your customers? Give them better value. You might see some yourselves.

2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

serves you right for buying that 100 pack ya boob! :P

as for the rest of it...I concur. unfortunately we both know none of what you suggested will be implemented.
    Liam Devlin - Leader/Chaos Crew D50

"To boldy go where no fist has gone before"

3.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #3
    Hi Kylarran! Thank you very much for such a detailed feedback.

I’ve read it and I do agree to some parts, what I don’t agree is probably my personal view or I didn’t experience it. But one thing for sure; I also don’t like blue items, I favored them when I was a real newbie but after a while, they started to make no sense. If I would be you, I would have the same disappointment after getting all dust and grenades only. And to be honest I also had this experience here and in other games so this is a completely familiar situation to me as well.

For now, I cannot guarantee you any possible changes. But we do have a power to change Cache content and that means a lot. Therefore, our team will come back to your thread and will use it for further development. Something might change, maybe nothing will change, I don’t know but you didn’t lose time for nothing. If nothing will change tomorrow it doesn’t mean that we didn’t hear you. To be exact you said what many users would say, now it’s our step to check and see what can be done from our side.

Quote Originally Posted by Medjed View Post

I’ve read it and I do agree to some parts, what I don’t agree is probably my personal view or I didn’t experience it.
    For now, I cannot guarantee you any possible changes. But we do have a power to change Cache content and that means a lot. Therefore, our team will come back to your thread and will use it for further development. Something might change, maybe nothing will change, I don’t know but you didn’t lose time for nothing. If nothing will change tomorrow it doesn’t mean that we didn’t hear you. To be exact you said what many users would say, now it’s our step to check and see what can be done from our side.

ffs...talk about doublespeak. were you a politician in another life?

what do you agree with, and what did you not? And if you have the power to actually fix the gd caches, THEN DO SO!

"Something might change, maybe nothing will change" wtf is that??????????

look around...the player base is disappearing....gamigo doesnt exactly have alot of time left to make positive changes that will bring players back.
    Liam Devlin - Leader/Chaos Crew D50

"To boldy go where no fist has gone before"

Something might change, maybe nothing will change, I don’t know but you didn’t lose time for nothing.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Why add content to either game when people routinely gamble on bit store trash? 4Head

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Keeping drops in perspective: We all know deep down that as much as we like getting great rewards - they can't very well give out an OJ and or decent mods in every crackerjack box, or we'd be awash in top line gear with no 'longer more fulfilling chase' ahead of us.

But clearly, corporate policy making us spend finite amounts of PG on absolute vendor trash over and over is just too damned stupid an incentive to think the rabble will keep showing up.

There's a happy medium that has to be adjusted for - and corporate decided not to bother with trying to find that point.
    Right now it seems that corporate thinks that giving us both middle fingers all the time wont matter because they just don't seem to believe we are important enough or that we have options that don't include this game.

I 'prefer' this game, but I'm only willing to be boned for just so long before the lack of worthwhile rewards surpasses my desire to play the game.

Most players have already passed that point and exited.
    Many of us still left have our fingers on the eject button, ready to push it.

The replacement player churn is not refilling the reservoir of newbs, though newbs are coming in.
    I see players with newb status, and friend a lot of them, and then they just stop coming.

But hey, I bet that Arch-Age live stream was just a barrel of monkeys worth of mirth and merriment, so I'm sure corporate will see nothing worth changing.

I sure do miss all those players I had a good time in Defi with, before they moved on.
    Maybe I ought to go see what they're all doing, now.
    This is getting to the point where it's as good a time as any....
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

I’ve read it and I do agree to some parts, what I don’t agree is probably my personal view or I didn’t experience it. But one thing for sure; I also don’t like blue items, I favored them when I was a real newbie but after a while, they started to make no sense. If I would be you, I would have the same disappointment after getting all dust and grenades only. And to be honest I also had this experience here and in other games so this is a completely familiar situation to me as well.

You seem to still be a real newbie if you ask me! Im not even convinced you play this game! You have noob status written all over you! Il take a guess here 1000-2000 power level if that and 150 pursuit ranking! Please post in the introduce yourself section! Since I made that thread not one CM have bothered to post anything about themselves!
    CLAN: LEGENDARY GUNS

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDMCHICAGO View Post
    You seem to still be a real newbie if you ask me! Im not even convinced you play this game! You have noob status written all over you! Il take a guess here 1000-2000 power level if that and 150 pursuit ranking! Please post in the introduce yourself section! Since I made that thread not one CM have bothered to post anything about themselves!
    Dude, their interests are listed in their profiles. For example, we all know that CM Pax likes traps.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDMCHICAGO View Post
    Sigh. I wouldn't take it personally.

Thank you for creating that 'introduce yourself' section, I thought it was interesting, however many years late. The intent is genuine and to be respected.

However, please realize... the CM's have their OWN introduce themselves threads, when Gamigo assigns them to Defiance/2050. Those threads aren't hard to find.

2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance

Thank you, Medjed, for your reply.

I do understand what you are saying, clearly. I'm asking for it to be considered by Gamigo. It seems to be in BOTH the customer's and Gamigo's best interest to make those more valuable. If Gamigo thinks sales are underperforming... well these are some of the reasons why, and what could be done to improve them.

If Gamigo's event caches provide better than 85% vendor fodder and control to at least block the PRIME's they already have or definitely aren't interested in when they buy the 100 pack... or be able to put an X in a box saying I want NO GRENADES, or NO SHIELDS in my 50/100 pack of caches... increasing the value of those packs by such means to your customer's also benefits Gamigo.

I'd think such benefits would be obvious.

Thank you for forwarding these ideas to Destromathe, Rarnok and the rest of the 2050 team. I appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread