+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: Advent Calendar - Day 8

1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

Advent Calendar - Day 8

Title:
    2nd Advent

Description:
    Today we’re not going to announce a maintenance. Look for the mysterious letters!
    Task:
    The 2nd advent, the 2nd candle lights up and so does our Reputation EGO Booster!
    Reward:
    Reputation EGO Boost
    Rules:

N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Medjed View Post
    Today we’re not going to announce a maintenance. Look for the mysterious letters!
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Why add content to either game when people routinely gamble on bit store trash? 4Head

Quote Originally Posted by Medjed View Post
    Title:
    2nd Advent
    Description:
    Task:
    The 2nd advent, the 2nd candle lights up and so does our Reputation EGO Booster!
    Reward:
    Reputation EGO Boost
    Rules:

N/A
    Sorry ... the Advent Calendar might have seemed like a good idea to you guys at the time ... but I don’t think it was really planned and thought out properly. The page for today has not been published yet (probably because today is a Sunday and the Gamigo Offices are empty):
    https://www.trionworlds.com/defiance...calendar-day-8

24 days with 24 tasks is a lot to co-ordinate. And I think you have just created a lot of work for yourselves ... especially checking all the player entries from every day. Checking players have all been correctly granted rewards from each day is going to be rather time consuming.

I don’t think people who are unfamiliar with these customs are really being informed properly. It's just assumed that everyone knows about them.

On the second Sunday of Advent, the second candle on the Advent Wreath is lit.

A true Advent Calendar is not about completing tasks ... we just open the door and see a new image and perhaps get some small reward. No work is involved. The doors are numbered randomly because that is part of the "fun" (often for young children) ... to find the correct door each day.

It would have been a lot simpler just to give everyone some daily reward. Perhaps something that could be claimed in game, like from those boxes at The Fork etc.
    Maybe you could have different boxes and let players choose each day what kind of reward they wanted.

Anyway ... I don’t know if you recycled the a previous description by mistake, because I’m not sure if we are supposed to find another secret word or not.
    The "task" doesn’t specifically mention any word to find. And there is no link to a web form (we can probably use the same form from yesterday and manually enter today's date).

For one the advent calender is a kids thing, and when I say kids I mean small kids, children that shiuld not be playing Defiance. This game is rated mature, and most of us are older adults. Also with an advent calender you just open a door and there is a picture, there is no task to complete. So an advent calender for kids with tasks to complete is kinda stupid! I've been trying to be a good sport about it. I've done there little task everyday so far, and still havnt got not one reward? Has anyone gotten anything from this yet? Where does it show up in the claims?

I havnt looked yet, but if today is a free reputation boost. Then the mysterious letters are most likely string missing on the boost page!
    CLAN: LEGENDARY GUNS

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Sorry ... the Advent Calendar might have seemed like a good idea to you guys at the time ... but I don’t think it was really planned and thought out properly. The page for today has not been published yet (probably because today is a Sunday and the Gamigo Offices are empty):
    https://www.trionworlds.com/defiance...calendar-day-8

24 days with 24 tasks is a lot to co-ordinate. And I think you have just created a lot of work for yourselves ... especially checking all the player entries from every day. Checking players have all been correctly granted rewards from each day is going to be rather time consuming.

I don’t think people who are unfamiliar with these customs are really being informed properly. It's just assumed that everyone knows about them.

On the second Sunday of Advent, the second candle on the Advent Wreath is lit.

A true Advent Calendar is not about completing tasks ... we just open the door and see a new image and perhaps get some small reward. No work is involved. The doors are numbered randomly because that is part of the "fun" (often for young children) ... to find the correct door each day.

It would have been a lot simpler just to give everyone some daily reward. Perhaps something that could be claimed in game, like from those boxes at The Fork etc.
    Maybe you could have different boxes and let players choose each day what kind of reward they wanted.

Anyway ... I don’t know if you recycled the a previous description by mistake, because I’m not sure if we are supposed to find another secret word or not.
    The "task" doesn’t specifically mention any word to find. And there is no link to a web form (we can probably use the same form from yesterday and manually enter today's date).
    Many good and fair points you have made. Also giving people rep boosts after most contracts have been completed makes it not much of a bonus at all.
    IGN - David Irwin * PSN - cruxkilla *

None of the promised rewards have been issued yet, there was no timeline given for this. My best guess would be some time next year
    IGN - David Irwin * PSN - cruxkilla *

ok,got reputation on to 100%;so there no need to answer ,advent calendar good idea but needs work hope you bring it back,its been 48 hrs since advent day3 still no rewards.i don't understand task,but since i got reputation on it dosen't matter." 17 days till xmas is there going to be a xmas event event?

I don't post no more like before because it's useless most of time (I ended by understanding) but.
    Well said Light Energy.
    Calendar advent in it self is not a bad idea but not done well in my opinion. Kids tasks, poor rewards and the worse is that they cancelled solstice. Like DAVIDCHICAGO I've been trying to be a good sport about it. But after 8 days it still stupid or more for kids.
    We got compensation 2 months after the event and it was event caches, who kept non modded weapons that long. Aka compensation arrived little late.
    But people be fair and remember the game 3 to 4 months ago, we couldn't get answers or any communication from Devs or CM's even some players speculated that gamicrap left the game to die
    But now they're trying to bring something a new ( didnt succeed yet) but they're trying like advent calendar.
    We just need them (CM's) to give us some answers like why solstice was cancelled? When is the next event ? Any news about roadmap?.....
    Sad to see a game with potential left like that.